Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Metal party  (Read 23166 times)

Dhary Montecore

Re: Metal party
« Reply #15 on: 10.08.2014, 23:48:14 »

Folks, please stick to the topic. :3

We trust these fine gentleman to handle their party safe and within our rules. And if any other attendee objects, please contact our security and trust them to handle it. We don't tolerate actions against others or even threats thereof. :3

And now back to topic please!

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #16 on: 11.08.2014, 10:10:27 »

As this will be a room party, I'm sure you won't get more than 10 people in your room at the same time and that there will be at least one sober person at all times? ;3
So there is a "No more than 10 people in a room party" rule? If yes - does that apply for all room sizes?
(Just asking because http://www.eurofurence.org/EF20/policies/roc#parties does not contain such numbers.)

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #17 on: 11.08.2014, 10:41:19 »

As this will be a room party, I'm sure you won't get more than 10 people in your room at the same time and that there will be at least one sober person at all times? ;3
So there is a "No more than 10 people in a room party" rule? If yes - does that apply for all room sizes?
(Just asking because http://www.eurofurence.org/EF20/policies/roc#parties does not contain such numbers.)

That's true, but all attendees have to follow the RoC AND the hotel rules. There are fire rules in place and while I don't know the exact number, it will be below 10 people in a hotel room. Now, nobody's going to check that, but of course one should expect adult people not to cramp a 14m² room with 15 people... Should be common sense, that this would be dangerous, especially in case of an emergency. :3

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #18 on: 11.08.2014, 12:06:48 »

Now, nobody's going to check that, but of course one should expect adult people not to cramp a 14m² room with 15 people... Should be common sense, that this would be dangerous, especially in case of an emergency. :3
I agree, that sounds pretty uncomfortable  :D. I was just wondering.

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #19 on: 11.08.2014, 18:27:37 »

I`m just gonna stick with advertizing this on the twitter feed. I hardly expect more than 10 people to show up anyway. We will also lower the volume after midnight as not to annoy the other guests too much, I know how annoying it can be when you have a bad hangover. If however you should have a hangover and we are bothering you, please knock on my door and I`ll happily turn it down and give you some Powerade and juice wich should cure your hangover whitinn half an hour. We also always travel with a fully stocked first aid kit and the training to use it. The kit also contains a fire blanket. I have prevously worked as a medic at previous cons and have worked in the healthcare buisniss. So it should be perfectly safe. Should you threaten harass or outright attack any of our guests I will not hessitate to put you in an armlock, for your own protection and those around you, and keep you there untill secururity takes over. We also have radio communication and will not hessitate to call security on bands 1-5 should there be an emergency or somone needs a swift kick in the rear. (Yes I`m that paranoid) (We wil be using a higher band for our communication and wil only contact security during an emergency)
I expect people to behave themselves, don`t be an asshole. If you break anything, you by it. No messing with the sound system unless I tell you to, wait for your song to come up, If not I can easily lock it down so that it only reponds to my fingerptints. I do not expect you to be a bunch of reatards, but just to be clear I just wanted to state it here.
There I hope that satesfies you security people, I`m just as cautious or even more so than you are, and understand your concern having been in a simmilar position my self.
Alright, on to somthing a bit more pleasent. I sugjest bringing somthing along and placing it on the a table, I sugjest we share everything we put on that table, sounds good?
Should we exceed the 10 person cap I was wondering Nightwolf If we perhaps could alternate between our rooms and have half the party here and half there?
« Last Edit: 11.08.2014, 19:20:13 by Ziggy_wolf »
I had nothing to do with either the three little pigs or little red riding hood. Honestly I`m a nice guy, who just happens to love pork, and hooded women. It was all a misunderstanding, I swear!

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #20 on: 11.08.2014, 19:27:06 »

We also have radio communication and will not hessitate to call security on bands 1-5 should there be an emergency or somone needs a swift kick in the rear.

I dunno what exactly you mean, but if you're talking about PMR radios you'll try in vain. Our organisation uses encrypted and bug proof radio systems. Don't waste your time, just call the reception with your rooms telephone or sent someone down into the lobby. :3

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #21 on: 11.08.2014, 21:03:58 »

That's actually a good thing. We can use our equipment without fear of disturbing yours.
At other cons we were reffered to channel 5 and above since it interfered, just asumed you had a simmilar policy. We're a bit anxious of loosing eachother down there, new place and first time bringing my sister along.
If anything happens I'll call reception, though I doubt it will be nessesary, but in any case it's good to have a safety plan in place.  Thank you for the clarification.
Now with safety matters taken care of, does anyone know of any good metal bands from within the fandom?
« Last Edit: 11.08.2014, 21:15:24 by Ziggy_wolf »
I had nothing to do with either the three little pigs or little red riding hood. Honestly I`m a nice guy, who just happens to love pork, and hooded women. It was all a misunderstanding, I swear!

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #22 on: 11.08.2014, 21:13:22 »

If my roommate agrees to it, since he's a night raven like me, our room could also be offered for part of the party if we exceed the 10 person limit :)

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #23 on: 11.08.2014, 21:17:02 »

That would be much appreceated, thank you.

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #24 on: 12.08.2014, 12:45:16 »

He said go, so our room is going to be available for the party, too. :) And no problem, really ^^ Where're you going to announce the room number? Here, twitter, or someplace entirely different? :) Just so I know where to keep watching ^^

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #25 on: 12.08.2014, 15:14:40 »

I will anounce it here
Via the @eurofurence and #ef20 on twitter
I will also anounce it on #efprime displaying it on the tvs.
You can also follow me on @ziggy_wolf
And there will be a sign on the door.
And offcourse by word of mouth.
« Last Edit: 12.08.2014, 15:24:35 by Ziggy_wolf »

jacky

« Reply #26 on: 12.08.2014, 22:36:12 »

needs more KVLT!

i was looking for metal bars in the area BTW, there are about 3 alternative/punk/metal bars in the area

Kiantis

• FA profile
« Reply #27 on: 12.08.2014, 23:57:55 »

Now this is interesting... will look it up.

Sinea

« Reply #28 on: 13.08.2014, 00:44:18 »

I will join too and hope to have a great Party.
Well i will have a look at the People,too :P

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #29 on: 13.08.2014, 12:23:22 »

Cool, the more the merrier  "Sprinkles black confetti"
I`m also interested in the metal bars. Please post some info.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up