The Eurofurence Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 25 "Fractures in Time" - Estrel Hotel Berlin, August 14-18, 2019Follow eurofurence on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Public parking  (Read 4443 times)

Fauho

• webvos
Public parking
« on: 06.08.2014, 17:54:26 »

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there are any public parkings as well, as on the side of the streets and such? Estrel parking is kinda expensive and the other two quit far off.

Thanks, cheers

Schakaline

• ConStore & Sales
  • Not an actual Ancient Egyptian deity
Re: Public parking
« Reply #1 on: 06.08.2014, 18:27:36 »

No.
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Fuchur

« Reply #2 on: 06.08.2014, 18:50:51 »

Hi Fauho,

Yes there are public parking possibilities around the Estrel on the side of the streets. I´ve checked it via google maps for example and also talked to people living in Berlin but be aware that there is a big construction area for the A100 next to the hotel reducing free places.
I will also try finding a good place for parking not that far away.

But please consider that parking on the side of public streets is said not to be 100% safe in that area compared to video-secured parking houses for example. If some ideots decide to damage your car at night than it´s you having the trouble the next day.

BlueBerry

• Press Relations
« Reply #3 on: 06.08.2014, 21:56:48 »

Kuma

• Deal with it.™
    • Kodiak Moments
« Reply #4 on: 07.08.2014, 08:30:31 »

You can also use this: http://www.apcoa.de/en/parking-in/berlin/neukoelln-arcaden.html
I've reserved a spot there as well. A steal at € 20,-* for a whole week, and you can take the M41 bus from Fuldastrasse to Ziegrastrasse (near the hotel) in only 6 minutes. This is 6 stops, so you can use a 'Kurzstrecke' (Short distance) card at € 1,50.

(* plus € 2,98 administration fee for paying via invoice/bank transfer)
« Last Edit: 07.08.2014, 08:39:16 by Kuma »
"The grizzly is a symbol of what is right with the world."
- Charles Jonkel, American bear biologist

Fauho

• webvos
« Reply #5 on: 07.08.2014, 16:25:47 »

Thank you guys for the feedback, I'll look into it ;)

synthfox

• Silver
« Reply #6 on: 12.08.2014, 18:36:52 »

Be carefull when booking at Apcoa! Their callendar switches automatically to more than 7 days!  "According to the start date, please choose the following end date."
I marked the wrong date with a green X, you can still choose 7 days! Otherwise you get a € 40,- offer.

« Last Edit: 30.06.2015, 18:46:03 by synthfox »

zuzu

• Zuzu the KangarooWolf
    • Zuzu's DA
« Reply #7 on: 13.08.2014, 19:39:27 »

I booked also with Apoca, From 20. aug. to 27. aug. (we will stay there after EF). They gave me an 31 euro offer.
Only one thing is not clear for me. They wrote by email, they will send the invoice by mail (regular post mail), and only after the invoice has arrived, can I pay. I'm just wondering if the mail will arrive in time :) Has someone any experience with Apoca? (I live in Hungary, and the local post can be a bit slow).
Life is a big game... and it's graphic engine is extraordinary :)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 13.08.2014, 20:11:59 »

They are completely NOT prepared for a group like us :) Give them a little break :) Some poor clerk is probably sitting there in a big pile of emails going "WTF is happening here" ....
yours,

Cheetah

karpour

• Charity
  • Roo!
    • ohnitsch
« Reply #9 on: 15.08.2014, 18:50:30 »

Just for your information, parking on the street is not paid anywhere near the hotel, here is a map showing the paid parking zones in Berlin (the blue circle is at the Estrel).
You can put your car in pretty much any street around the hotel. (of course check that parking there is allowed at any time of the week to avoid nasty surprises)

Source: www.berlin.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up