Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prelimiary Sneak Peek Teaser Page  (Read 14314 times)

Fuzzy

Prelimiary Sneak Peek Teaser Page
« on: 25.10.2006, 22:20:45 »

Is the Prelimiary Sneak Peek Teaser Page (http://www.eurofurence.org/EF13/) supposed to be telling us it'll be held in the RingBerg Hotel in Suhl, or was that just an oversight?

In either case... it looks like a nice place, and it's even an hour closer each way on the driving so that's nice too :)
Hurrah!  I can't wait for the last 5% of the certainty about the hotel to be fulfilled so we can be told 100% for certain it is this new place :)

In fact... I can't wait for the booking to be opened so I can pay for my place already ;-)

Fuzzy

Re: Prelimiary Sneak Peek Teaser Page
« Reply #1 on: 25.10.2006, 22:22:11 »

oh, and "preliminary" has an 'n' in it, you might want to fix that ;)

Shadow-Woofie

« Reply #2 on: 25.10.2006, 23:13:05 »

hehe, Same here Though... Booking might be a problem for me ^^; Oh well, just have to wait and see!
What should i put here? Hmm, i really dont know O.o

BHO

« Reply #3 on: 25.10.2006, 23:34:22 »

Looks to me, as if the decision was made. Sooner or later it was sure that the EF had to move to a hotel, unless they want to exclude people.

I was sceptical when I started watching the video, but geee... if we're allowed to use everything that is shown there... that would be friggin' awesome! O.O I mean, the hotel has a poooool! It wouldn't mean that people just clutch together in rooms, hallways and try by force to do something that's considered furry, but also use the offered oportunities do something else.

I am just curious about how much the hotel will push up the con fee, or, generally spoken, how much more one has to pay, in order to be able to join EF next year.
Are any numbers available already?
And the bar tender says to Renee Descartes, "Another beer?" And Descartes says, "I think not," and disappears.

Keenora

• Programming
  • Purple woof wants belly rubs :3
    • Kee's Life
« Reply #4 on: 25.10.2006, 23:39:20 »

I cant belive, thats a hotel is the best idea. Many friends of me said, that they wont come, if the ef is go to a hotel. The reasons are, that the hotel is to expensive and have not so much charme like a youth hostel. I can say for me, that I would try it, but I see, that so many Furs wont come, and that is not a good sign....

Shadow-Woofie

« Reply #5 on: 25.10.2006, 23:52:20 »

It would be great if EF was held at that Hotel, but i'm kinda worried over the costs now, i mean, i'm not sure i'll be able to save up enough to go ;P But i will still try and find a way *nods*
What should i put here? Hmm, i really dont know O.o

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 26.10.2006, 09:36:57 »

All I can say right now is, please wait for the final announcement before jumping to any kind of conclusion :)

If someone says "I won't come because it's too expensive" before we have even posted any numbers ... then please excuse me if I don't take them very seriously :)

The teaser page ist just that ... a teaser page :)  And so far, the reactions have been quite positive.

(And yes, many of the things you see in the trailer, like the pool, and the sauna, will be included.)
yours,

Cheetah

Schneelocke

« Reply #7 on: 26.10.2006, 11:10:29 »

If someone says "I won't come because it's too expensive" before we have even posted any numbers ... then please excuse me if I don't take them very seriously :)

The teaser page ist just that ... a teaser page :)  And so far, the reactions have been quite positive.

(And yes, many of the things you see in the trailer, like the pool, and the sauna, will be included.)

Regarding the costs: the hotel looks really nice indeed, so I think it's natural that people are worried about what rooms might cost and whether this EF would be significantly more expensive than the past ones now. I'm not all that worried personally, though - if it really was, I doubt you'd hold it there at all. :)

That being said, the hotel sure *does* look great, and I hope the deal and everything will work out. :)

Runo

• Pawpet Show
  • Manul (Pallas' Cat)
« Reply #8 on: 26.10.2006, 20:22:27 »

OK Cheetah, that comment set me at ease a bit again, I'll also wait for the numbers before starting to cry and whine ;)  ::)  :P

While I think that every hotel lacks some of the great 'cozy castle ... (grr - I can't think of a fitting c-word)feeling'[TM] it surely is much more luxurious and certainly much more convenient, especially for suiters.

I'm sure it will all turn out good and will be a lot of waterfun etc. Suiters anyone? *eeeeevil grin* ;D (just kidding, though ;))

Jojo
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits

Tungro

• Otters Everywhere!
    • The Otterholt
« Reply #9 on: 26.10.2006, 22:46:21 »

While I think that every hotel lacks some of the great 'cozy castle ... (grr - I can't think of a fitting c-word)feeling'[TM]

Cozy castle character? Cozy castle charisma?

Heh, I think things look good. I've got a few reservations, but I'm not going to cry doom and gloom like some seem to be because it isn't perfect. I'm remaining open-minded, and I have confidence in the EF team in allaying these issues. In fact, I have a sneaky feeling this is what the EF staff want, so that when things are confirmed they know (by the comments) exactly what to address and what to say!

Another plan foiled? Perhaps! ;)
--
Head of Registration for ConFuzzled
(though my opinions are my own!)

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #10 on: 26.10.2006, 23:15:04 »

While I think that every hotel lacks some of the great 'cozy castle ... (grr - I can't think of a fitting c-word)feeling'[TM]

Cozy castle character? Cozy castle charisma?

Heh, I think things look good. I've got a few reservations, but I'm not going to cry doom and gloom like some seem to be because it isn't perfect. I'm remaining open-minded, and I have confidence in the EF team in allaying these issues. In fact, I have a sneaky feeling this is what the EF staff want, so that when things are confirmed they know (by the comments) exactly what to address and what to say!

Another plan foiled? Perhaps! ;)

See, we have a dilemma. Of course, the cozy castle character of EF was priceless. And the hostels had their own charme. But the waiting lists of those who wanted to come to EF but couldn't grew longer and longer. And we try to please as many of our honoured attendees as possible. We couldn't find a larger venue that offers enough beds AND a large function space AND still has the charme of Nuremberg. So the step towards a hotel became more and more urgent. We're really glad that we found this site, and we think that despite the loss of said charme, people will still have lots of fun. EF has grown up. And we're glad to hold it on a site now that offers lots of possibilities for everyone to enjoy. I think we made the right decision, and the majority of the feedback we've gotten seems to reflect that. I'm looking forward to a new experience! :)
Official Something

Runo

• Pawpet Show
  • Manul (Pallas' Cat)
« Reply #11 on: 27.10.2006, 01:44:25 »

Yes, and that's totally understandable and I think there's no need to argue about that or defeat it, BBF. It's just a little bit of ... (I don't know if I may even say that, since it was my first ef, but still...) nostalgia, it's just... different. That doesn't mean bad or anything, just needs a little time to get accustomed to.

Jojo

edit: By the way - character is gooood. Cosy Castle Character. Hmm, I like it  ;D
« Last Edit: 27.10.2006, 01:46:04 by Runoratsu »
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits

K9Primate

« Reply #12 on: 03.11.2006, 01:27:05 »

I can't say anything but big thumbs up, looks like a lovely location to me.
Compared to Nuremberg Castle this location apparently is in a much more secluded area, which has its advantages.
Sure the castle was a lovely location, and I've enjoyed my time there, but I'm fully confident they made the right decision, ;) and I'm already looking forward at attending.
« Last Edit: 10.11.2006, 15:24:00 by K9Primate »
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+

Knightmare

• The Extreme Dragon
« Reply #13 on: 07.11.2006, 11:48:51 »

iv seen the teaser vid on youtube, dam i cant wait, my first furcon EVER!!, debut the FWO and the FWO title belt lol, anyway i feel just as hyper as any dragon after too much sugery treats *bounds about*
You have the F.I.A, me and heltash have the F.W.O (The Furry World Order)

Falli

« Reply #14 on: 17.11.2006, 00:22:37 »

Hi ^^

great ! 130km from me *g*
thats not realy far away ^^ 

maybe i will drive to suhl at my birthday in dec.
i fine dinner  hmmm jummy jummy ^^

Pages: [1]   Go Up