Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do I need to print out tickets?  (Read 6573 times)

Roberty

Do I need to print out tickets?
« on: 08.08.2014, 02:26:47 »

I've got everything booked, the registration was successfully, payment went through and everything is confirmed.

However, I'm not sure how exactly everything will resolve once I'm actually there: Do I need to hand them some printed out tickets, or will they confirm my identity by my ID ( / Personalausweis) or my member login?

Sorry, this is my first visit and I'm going to gamescom beforehand so I actually have printed out tickets there.

VulpesRex

Re: Do I need to print out tickets?
« Reply #1 on: 08.08.2014, 06:03:45 »

Greetings, Roberty!

First, I am not staff - so my answer isn't in any way "official".

But each ER which I have attended has happened this way:  Shortly after arrival you should see either a sign or a friendly staff member or clusters of other friendly Furry Fans (we tend to "stick out" somewhat) leading to Convention Registration.  There will probably be a line.  When you get to the Registration Table, all that you will need will be your personal ID.  You will be asked by the friendly staffer for for your name, and the name which you requested for your badge.  It might be helpful to know and provide your Registration Number, as well.

Once the registration staffer is reasonably sure of your identity, you will be issued your convention badge and convention materials (con book, schedule, badge lanyard), and you are done!  I don't believe that an actual physical "ticket" is involved, I've never had to present one nor been issued one.
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #2 on: 08.08.2014, 10:20:05 »

However, I'm not sure how exactly everything will resolve once I'm actually there: Do I need to hand them some printed out tickets, or will they confirm my identity by my ID ( / Personalausweis) or my member login?

As VulpesRex wrote, the only thing you are going to need is a government issued photo ID ("Personalausweis" or passport), however it may be helpful to also have your registration number available in case of typos. Don't laugh, people DO mistype their own name at times...
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Lumo

• KittyFox
« Reply #3 on: 10.08.2014, 14:21:28 »

Dont forget that you have to check in at the hotel aswell in addition to the convention. I suggest finishing the convention registration first as the hotel staff might need your convention badge for the check in (if you are staying at the main hotel). Also, the line to the hotel check in is usually alot shorter, so when you are done with the convention registration everything should go pretty fast and smooth :3
Miff Miff <3

MOW

• Registration
« Reply #4 on: 11.08.2014, 20:29:54 »

As VulpesRex wrote, the only thing you are going to need is a government issued photo ID ("Personalausweis" or passport),

... and be sure to have it at hand when it's your turn.
Then we'll just enter your name into the registration system to pull up your data.

however it may be helpful to also have your registration number available in case of typos. Don't laugh, people DO mistype their own name at times...

Actually it would be nice to have the registration number if your name contains characters that are not on a german or english keyboard.

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #5 on: 12.08.2014, 14:36:09 »

Dont forget that you have to check in at the hotel aswell in addition to the convention. I suggest finishing the convention registration first as the hotel staff might need your convention badge for the check in (if you are staying at the main hotel). Also, the line to the hotel check in is usually alot shorter, so when you are done with the convention registration everything should go pretty fast and smooth :3

Actually, this is a major difference this year:

You do not need your convention badge for hotel check-in. The two are completely separate now.

--> You do not need to stand in the registration queue (if there is one) with your luggage.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Lumo

• KittyFox
« Reply #6 on: 12.08.2014, 23:14:34 »

Actually, this is a major difference this year:

You do not need your convention badge for hotel check-in. The two are completely separate now.

--> You do not need to stand in the registration queue (if there is one) with your luggage.

oooh nice! That is great to know :3
Miff Miff <3
Pages: [1]   Go Up