Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The NEW venue ... leave your (re)mark :)  (Read 15090 times)

Ragear

• Pawpet Show
  • Ragear the Lion
The NEW venue ... leave your (re)mark :)
« on: 17.08.2014, 23:35:11 »

sooo, here comes ... checked in today. The lobby is quiet, just like 30 people ... Boy is that gonna change soon ... Hotel and staff nice so far, hopefully the weather is better the next days so the hotel opens the beach bar along the canal.

tip: there's a boat round trip available, starting right at the Estrel, takes about 4hrs round trip, two sailings daily (10:00 & 14:15)

Leave your comment here abou the new venue!

cu@EF20!

Ragear
« Last Edit: 18.08.2014, 18:01:35 by Ragear »

Nienna87

• Hi! Aurora/Nienna here
Re: The NEW venue ... leave your mark :)
« Reply #1 on: 18.08.2014, 08:20:26 »

Im gonna be at the Berlin (tegel) airpirt around 10:00 tomorrow (morning time the 19 th ) ^^ so i hope sone Furries will be there.

Foxen

Re: The NEW venue ... leave your mark :)
« Reply #2 on: 18.08.2014, 15:44:41 »

Just arrived. So far so good. :3

Ragear

• Pawpet Show
  • Ragear the Lion
Re: The NEW venue ... leave your (re)mark :)
« Reply #3 on: 24.08.2014, 22:48:23 »

ok ... the venue was a blast! Rooms were nice, service impeccable, always attentative and responding, THANK YOU! Breakfast still makes me drool ... I still wonder that they didn't run out of food, despite all our efforts :)

any better? uh, minor stuff, basically: turn off the ID check at the elevators would be a start. Always had to scramble for my room key ...
I hope management saw the trek to the MacD. Offer one or two special meals, and ADVERTISE them. I didn't find out about the special drinks at the bar until it was too late :)
keep the elevator tech set up in the hotel :) and the bank machine stuffed!

'nuff said. Will be happy to join again next year!

Ragear

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #4 on: 25.08.2014, 00:55:39 »

The new hotel is really great and people there are really nice! And they have damn fast elevators, my poor brain x.x
On the first day we noticed that our shower was broken. Water came out of the faucet and shower head at the same time. After telling them on the next day it got fixed really fast :)
Well, we still missed some water pressure after that. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that oO
And I noticed that their tapwater tastes like.. complete nothing. I know water is supposed to taste like nothing, but you know what I mean. That's so weird. Didn't enjoy drinking it

Scramble for room key.. yeah.. these things need holes from the beginning. And wing 1 elevator 2 didn't like mine actually xD
And our room refused to open after we arrived.. Then hotel staff tried and it opened.. Very funny, door.
But it's so awesome that they made EF roomkeys!

Regarding the food: Breakfast tasty like at home! And empty plates disappeared when looking away for a second! Such magic!
But restaurant food was far out of my pay range. I have to look at my money. We just had the Barbecue on Wednesday and.. it wasn't actually worth all the waiting and price. I'm sorry to say that.
For the next days we were hunting Pizza, McDo, other small things and sausages made hot in the sink (After cleaning it from soap etc.)

What I would like to see changed: Open the staircase. I know they were closed because of safety resons. But why waiting ages for the elevator if you can walk up in a few seconds?
And I myself don't like riding elevators, they make me feel uncomfortable.

Why was there always a strange smell of food on the groud floor in wing 1? oO

Now Berlin needs to make everything beautiful around the hotel! xD
I wouldn't dare to run around alone at night outside o_o"

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #5 on: 25.08.2014, 01:39:41 »

[...]
Why was there always a strange smell of food on the groud floor in wing 1? oO
Maybe because of the Estrel-Stube there... or because of the Staff bufet being right around the corner of the elevators (well... behing that Panel room actually) :)
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Lutra

• Nature is the best artist.
« Reply #6 on: 25.08.2014, 13:48:43 »

The new venue is great. The hotel team was very friendly and the support was great. Some were even dressed with fursuits ;) Very nice I am looking forward to the next EF at this hotel.

SiranaJHelena

• Sirana J. Helena on Weasyl
« Reply #7 on: 25.08.2014, 14:56:50 »

And I noticed that their tapwater tastes like.. complete nothing. I know water is supposed to taste like nothing, but you know what I mean. That's so weird. Didn't enjoy drinking it
Berlin tap water has the best water quality in Germany as far as I know. It's pretty limy though. I'd rather worry if your tap water tastes like lemonade...  ;D

However, I can understand if someone doesn't like the taste of "barely a taste at all". Just with any other tastes of everything. :)
I'm in ur quantm box... maybe...

Schorse

« Reply #8 on: 25.08.2014, 22:38:41 »

keep the elevator tech set up in the hotel :) and the bank machine stuffed!

If you needed the cash to pay stuff at the hotel bar, you can also pay an amount of money at the reception and use your roomcard as a credit card in the hotel. And I think that also worked at their restaurants.

Ragear

• Pawpet Show
  • Ragear the Lion
« Reply #9 on: 26.08.2014, 20:00:05 »

naa, needed it for art ... and they wanted cash :)

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #10 on: 27.08.2014, 20:54:46 »

naa, needed it for art ... and they wanted cash :)

just for information, for next year, there are ATMs near the Aldi (near the McDonalds), on the other side of the building, in case the hotel ATM is empty

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #11 on: 27.08.2014, 23:52:27 »

just for information, for next year, there are ATMs near the Aldi (near the McDonalds), on the other side of the building, in case the hotel ATM is empty

At least on Saturday afternoon it was reportedly empty as well... As well as any other ATM within walking distance.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

meo

« Reply #12 on: 28.08.2014, 06:58:12 »

I would suggest to talk to the registration, or conops. If they gives you an OK call these: +493030633300 this is the Servicehotline from the Berliner Volksbank (owner of the ATM) so they can fill that thing up asap. Please note down the ATM Number (if there is one given) but i don't think it is necessary as they already list that Machine on their Onlinelist.
« Last Edit: 28.08.2014, 09:19:52 by meo »

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #13 on: 28.08.2014, 07:23:15 »

At least on Saturday afternoon it was reportedly empty as well... As well as any other ATM within walking distance.

mmm, there are 2 atm near the aldi, both were out? I went there in the end of the saturday afternoon and they were both still working

Lumo

• KittyFox
« Reply #14 on: 28.08.2014, 17:25:51 »

Berlin tap water has the best water quality in Germany as far as I know. It's pretty limy though. I'd rather worry if your tap water tastes like lemonade...  ;D

However, I can understand if someone doesn't like the taste of "barely a taste at all". Just with any other tastes of everything. :)

I  also think the tapwater was different. And so did most other people i know aswell ^^ now, i did taste something but it tasted like it had been attempted to mix in chemicals and stuff a bit too much. It didnt feel clean and refreshing to drink. But it is completely safe to drink, nothing wrong woth it as far as i know. :3 it just dont taste that good. ^^
Miff Miff <3
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up