Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cocktails at the bar  (Read 39754 times)

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
Re: Cocktails at the bar
« Reply #45 on: 05.10.2014, 15:39:35 »

Yeah, wasn't too great for me either. In a simple rum and coke they put so much rum in that I couldn't taste the coke. Now, normally I don't complain about getting TOO much alcohol, but... It was too strong for me to drink it, I had to give it to my friend and keep to the non-alcoholic estrel drive, or beers ): The Mojito I bought was too strong as well; not enough of the mint or the sweet kick from the cane sugar.

Amy Ninetails

• Transgender DJ fur
    • FurAffinity page
« Reply #46 on: 31.08.2015, 12:58:26 »

I had Pina Colada several times during the con and they were amazing <3

Hurga

• IT Department
« Reply #47 on: 31.08.2015, 13:09:19 »

After someone told me that the cocktails were good this year, I tried a Black Ice, and it was just as disappointing as last year. I just gave up on cocktails after that experience and bought my own booze - that was well noticeable in my wallet.

A lot of furs told me that the standard cocktails mixed by the older guy in the Beach Bar were very good, but I didn't feel like trying it anymore.

I miss the Maritim bar crew...

Streifi

• ~ Website team | DDen team ~
    • Streifi's Travel Notes
« Reply #48 on: 31.08.2015, 13:17:52 »

I always left out the Atrium-Bar and instead went to either Piano-Bar or the Beergarden. At both places the cocktails I had (standard, no special offer-ones) were quite okay. Not fancy, but definetly not bad. And the crew there seemed to have more fun doing their job as well.
~

~

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #49 on: 31.08.2015, 14:50:45 »

After someone told me that the cocktails were good this year, I tried a Black Ice, and it was just as disappointing as last year.
where did you get it? hotel Atrium bar or the beergarten bar?

Hurga

• IT Department
« Reply #50 on: 31.08.2015, 15:35:47 »

where did you get it? hotel Atrium bar or the beergarten bar?
At the Atrium bar. - I'm not sure if the beergarten bar had Black Ice, I just remember standard cocktails on the menu... but I didn't have a closer look, because I was through with cocktails anyway.

Ralesk

« Reply #51 on: 31.08.2015, 16:00:56 »

I had Jehova on two different occasions, and I can't really compare it to what it should be, but I enjoyed it both times.  The second time it was during the day or so, it was more colourful for sure (and mmm, mango), but the night-time version wasn't bad either.

For the most part, I just had Berliner Weisse.  The normal beers were... bad.  Not their fault (or maybe, because they stock a not really good kind of beer).  But I certainly had more fun drinking 29ct. beer from Netto than the generic beers at the bar.  The Alte is okay.

I had one gin-tonic, it was good — but then, there's nothing to ruin on a Bombay Sapphire and tonic...
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #52 on: 31.08.2015, 23:18:34 »

At the Atrium bar. - I'm not sure if the beergarten bar had Black Ice, I just remember standard cocktails on the menu... but I didn't have a closer look, because I was through with cocktails anyway.
just avoid the Atrium bar, the EF cocktails are premixed in big jar. everytime I tried one there it was watered down and tasted not so good.
in the beergarten bar, the guy was doing them live and they tasted as they should, though the later you go, the stronger they get :D

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #53 on: 01.09.2015, 23:52:59 »

I tried again this year - non-alcoholic Estrel Drive still dang good. Mojito - still not enough mint or lime coming through. But when I ordered a Sex on the Beach, it was awesome! :) These were both at the Atrium bar.

And the half rum&coke I took over from my friends was good, too - this one bought at the small bar near the main stage.

Kanrei

« Reply #54 on: 02.09.2015, 23:51:53 »

What me annoyed was that the glasses were sometimes small, but this also happened with the ice chocolate ... The price never changed though...
I mostly had Pina Colada and Estrel Drive, those Drinks were both tasty. ^^

nobs

• the wolf of the tigress team
    • tigress
« Reply #55 on: 06.09.2015, 20:32:58 »

I had some outside. They were pretty good.
just an average con goer

Blue Raptor

« Reply #56 on: 20.09.2015, 13:08:03 »

I was disappointed that the constructive feedback we gave here from last year did not have such a great result.

Most of all, I found there was again a great difference in quality of drinks, and I was very disappointed they stuck with their prices for that.

When the next drink is such a gamble that can be as good as the last one, but also much worse, or made differently, or in a smaller glass, I am very hesitant to order one. Especially with prices like that. If the prices are moderate I can at least shrug it off when something is not great.
But with their pirces and random quality I ended up having only 5 or 6 cocktails over the entire 7 days, and otherswise stuck with cheaper drinks (beer, soda, kalte Muschi). That amount of cocktails I had at a single good night in the Maritim, so it is really their loss!

If they cannot go down with the prices because hotel policy, I hope they can give a discount on con badge, like Confuzzled did (20% off at the bar there). That also made you feel welcome and in a good happy mood and eager to spend more there. :)
Rah, I say.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up