Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Big thank you to the fursuit team 2014  (Read 30579 times)

Vector

Re: Big thank you to the fursuit team 2014
« Reply #15 on: 29.08.2014, 22:30:28 »

It was my first year that I fully use the fursuit lounge because the ban of the use of fans in our rooms.

The Isotonic drink (Eurofurence Orange) was a brilliant idea : it's a "homemade" energetic drink and it was way more effective than any other drink available in the fursuit lounge. When you're used to drink Powerade, Gatorade drinks you really enjoy that sugar/salty orange taste. Do you plan to sell bottles in the Dealer's den ? ^^

Nothing else to say about the fursuit lounge. Maybe add few mirrors and few clocks and it will be perfect !

Congrats to the fursuit team ! You must (and should) be very proud of your hard work.  8)
"I used to be an Eurofurence attendee like you, but then I took a Laden to the knee."

Klaatu

• FurAffinity
« Reply #16 on: 31.08.2014, 23:51:40 »

Thanks again for all the positive feedback to the fursuit support-team and the fursuit lounge. :)
It's really great to hear that most of you were satisfied. :3

Nothing else to say about the fursuit lounge. Maybe add few mirrors and few clocks and it will be perfect !

As far as I know, we intended to have at least three mirrors for the fursuit lounge, but two of them already (irreparably) broke at delivery.
The only one that was left was also damaged at the upper corner, but at least we were able to tape this one. :P
I really hope that this works out better next year so that we'll definitely get at least three (undamaged) mirrors for the lounge.
I totally agree with you on the point that we need more than only one of them.

And concerning the clocks: We installed a rather big clock at the left side of the fursuit lounge (over the tables with the yellow blowers), but unfortunately a lot of fursuiters didn't even noticed it.
It happend definitely more than ten times that suiters came to me asking for the current time and after pointing at the huge clock above their heads, they were actually surprised they haven't seen it.
So yeah, maybe it was installed a bit too high above the ground/tables (that was my personal impression), or the location of the clock was a bit unfavorable in general, maybe we'll find a better place for it next year, so that everyone directly sees it. :3

And thanks for the positive feedback on the isotonic drink. :)
It was an own mixture of the team, so I'm sure that it won't be sold in the Dealer's Den. :P

And concerning the topic of blocking the dryers with lycras, balaclavas, etc. :
Yes, this is strictly forbidden and as soon as we're seeing something like that, we are impelled to remove them (or when the owners are present, to kindly ask them to remove their stuff from the blowers).
Unfortunately we also can't always have an eye for that. Maybe we should put big "Do not..."-signs next to the blowers, but people also tend to ignore them.
Edit: And by the way: We had a special "drying-station" only for balaclavas, lycras, etc. in the lower left corner of the fursuit lounge (left to the entrance) and many fursuiters also used this opportunity.

Same goes for the fact that a lot of fursuiters leave their stuff (heads, handpaws,...) on the blowers for several hours or a whole day without removing them, what's also not permitted.

- I always and in any occasion felt well taken care of, and like le tigre I also had the notion that the staff was cleaning and resupplying faster than I could consume and waste  ;)

Hehe. ;)
« Last Edit: 01.09.2014, 00:04:36 by Klaatu »

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #17 on: 01.09.2014, 00:19:19 »

As far as I know, we intended to have at least three mirrors for the fursuit lounge, but two of them already (irreparably) broke at delivery.

Yes, two of them were broken already when they arrived at the hotel.

And concerning the clocks: We installed a rather big clock at the left side of the fursuit lounge (over the tables with the yellow blowers), but unfortunately a lot of fursuiters didn't even noticed it.

Yes, that was the one with the baroque clock face, and being set against the background of the glass wall (above the construction fences) didn't help. IMO the budget for the fursuit lounge is now large enough that Mystifur could afford buying two or three of those large LED clocks that burn out your retinas, and pop one on each end of the lounge.
...and if that doesn't work, staple a huge clock onto each water keg.  ;D
« Last Edit: 01.09.2014, 00:21:01 by doco »
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

RedFoxy

• RedFoxy.it - Home of fox
« Reply #18 on: 03.09.2014, 11:13:18 »

yes! Really thank you fursuit team!

PS: can you told me the spray name to clean and kill bacteria? I'm looking for it in Italy

Drachetto

• Drachetto's FA page
« Reply #19 on: 03.09.2014, 12:02:55 »

First: Again many and big thanks to Mystifur and the whole staff of the fursuit longue! <3

It was my first time at EF as fursuiter, neverthless I already entered in the FL as spotter and helper in the previous years.

I can say almost everything was perfect: the many different kinds of beverange, the snacks (which really helps to raise after an exausting performance), the userful clock, the anctibacterians and sewing kits always avaiable, the many fans and chairs all around. These were more than perfect!

But I wrote 'almost perfect' before, because IMHO there are points which the FL can improve:
-The clock wasn't so vibible, I noticed it only when a friend pointed me it;
-The vacuum cleaner should be always visible and not hidden somewhere, and it should be avaiable especially the whole days of Sunday and Monday (so also in the temporary FL), when peeps really need it for the upcoming departures;
-The main point: with the massive raising of fursuiters in the last years, the drying spots for bodies, heads and gloves seems to be not enough now. I already noticed that at EF19, I prefered to dry my own fursuit in my room, especially when there are close fursuit-events which need the fursuit gets dry fast and there is not time to wait a free spot, and it could be frustrating.

But, again, thanks very much!
"Fluffyness is happyness!"

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #20 on: 03.09.2014, 12:54:39 »

PS: can you told me the spray name to clean and kill bacteria? I'm looking for it in Italy

I think the stuff you are searching for is Febreeze (for a nice smell in various scents) and Sagrotan (for antibacterial use) :)

RedFoxy

« Reply #21 on: 03.09.2014, 17:19:14 »

I think the stuff you are searching for is Febreeze (for a nice smell in various scents) and Sagrotan (for antibacterial use) :)
Thank you!

Klaatu

• FurAffinity
« Reply #22 on: 04.09.2014, 00:33:20 »

Thank you!

Yes, Febreze is not antibacterial, it's only helping against smells.
Sagrotan is the antibacterial one AND you should make sure to find the Sagrotan-Spray that's also suitable for textiles/fabrics!

I don't know if you can find it in Italy, but the one you're looking for looks like this: -Klick for picture-

If you can't find that Sagrotan-Spray in Italy, just have a look at your local drugstore for similar products, in Germany we also have an alternative that's purchaseable at the drugstores of the "DM"-chain which looks like this: -Klick for picture- -klick- and it's also cheaper then the one by Sagrotan.

So maybe your store in Italy also has some own products that are antibacterial and called something like "hygiene-spray".
The only important thing you should look out for when searching a suitable spray: It must be usable for textiles/fabrics! So read what's written on the product description. ;)

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #23 on: 04.09.2014, 05:37:17 »

*smirks, then cuts the FIA logo out of Klaatus shirt - then sews a fursuit service tag in*
You are now fursuit support, not security. We don't say "It is not permitted to leave your head on the dryer!", we say "Yes, we kindly ask you to make room for other peoples heads and suits as soon as possible, and strongly suggest on checking on your head regularly."  ;D

(Hm, though thinking about it, I could see a "wall of shame" acrylic closet, where all the dry suits go that were left on the blowers for too long, and people have to donate 20 bucks each time to get them back.  #p )

Quote from: RedFoxy
As Klaatu said correctly, Sagrotan is a good brand for surfeace desinfactants, and we are using the textile/fabric version.

His answer about Febreeze though, unfortunately is incorrect.
Febreeze usually is a textile freshener that binds smells to macro molecules in the liquid, and usually has some scent/perfumes in it, and is generally not antibacterial.

At Eurofurence we use a DIFFERENT, less known version.
It's Febreeze against animal odors (how fitting  ;D ), which has NO added perfumes, but IS antibacterial.

Quote from: Drachetto
-The main point: with the massive raising of fursuiters in the last years, the drying spots for bodies, heads and gloves seems to be not enough now.
Thanks a lot for your input and your kind words.
Regarding this one point in your list, I wholeheartedly invite you to help us with a solution. To my knowledge Eurofurence is the convention that started the entire fursuit-dryer thing and has grown the lounge ever since. Actually it's the largest hall besides the artshow and the stage. With almost 1000 suiters at EF, there is a certain logistic problem: Would you volunteer to pay us about 35.000 Euro extra, so we can rent the large congress hall as lounge, the high power blowers, buy piping system for several hundred suits, pay the electrical bill, and not to forget a few hundred hours of volunteer manpower to set everything up ? If your answer is yes: Welcome to the team.

Privacy - finding out that from the lift area for my room that I can see right in to the lounge, and that some rooms even look directly in was a bit off-putting for me

Heh, I was literally waiting for this one.  ;D
As surpring as it may sound: Yes, even Eurofurence staff realises that glass has a tendency to be see through, and that a roof made of this material will happen to be the same. But unless you want to rent another hall, that is located on the other end of the location, 5 minutes away from rooms, lobby and most importantly stage and dances... you're pretty much out of options against this problem.
We do know that this doesn't make everyone happy. However, as we also know, at this size of event is it impossible to even try to make everyone happy. My team will always go for what makes the most people happy while making the least people unhappy.

You did the right thing:
If you feel uncomfortable inside the lounge, or are concerned about your privacy: Don't use it, and change and refresh in your hotel room. That's prefectly fine and reasonable.

Other than that, Eurofurence keeps growing and every new year may bring new challenges, new opportunities, and new locations. *hint*
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #24 on: 04.09.2014, 06:03:59 »

And here it is:
The secret behind the Isotonic Electrolyte Drink

In previous years, some people suggested to have Gatorade/elektrolyte/rehydration drinks in the lounge.

Now, actually those are, if you will excuse my language, bullshit buzzwords of the sports industry.
Ask yourself (not using google) what's in those super special expensive rehydration sports drinks?
Or ask a friend.. What does isotonic and electrolyte drink mean, and why should or shouldn't we use them ?

The answer is way simpler than most will assume:
An isotonic solution has sugar and salt levels identical to that in your blood stream, and therefor can pass your digestiv system a bit faster than pure water, or overly sweet/salty liquids like soda.
Those levels are right between water and soda actually, and if ment for top athletes, you add a bit of B vitamins.
Any Doctor will tell you that a applejuice-mineral-water mix is the best electrolyte drink you can get.

Now guess what: For the last 10 or so years, Eurofurence has been serving you diluted soda (EF-green and fruit flavour) at just the right sugar level, and salted prezels to cover for your salt levels. We just didn't call it fancy "electrolyte sports supplements"  :D

So this year we upped the ante, and brewed our own "real" sports drink.
And here's the recipe for your home party and convention:

1 litre water
50-80 gramms sugar
2 gramms kitchen salt
1 multivitamin fizzy tablet

We hope you liked it
(Yes, I know, it tasted awful, but it did the job, no ? ^^ And medicine is supposed to taste bad)
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

RedFoxy

« Reply #25 on: 04.09.2014, 10:28:51 »

thank's for infos!

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #26 on: 04.09.2014, 13:15:46 »

To my knowledge Eurofurence is the convention that started the entire fursuit-dryer thing and has grown the lounge ever since.

The story how it came into existence is quite entertaining. Trigger Happy Squirrel used to bring a head dryer tree made of PVC pipes to the Further Confusion fursuit lounge. I don't know who brought that topic up at EF, but general consensus was "this is pretty cool!" and "let's see how we can improve this thing". Thus, the full-blown (haha) fursuiter dryer, dubbed "The Pipe Monster", was born. I don't quite remember who exactly was involved in it, but I think you actually built the first dryer for EF. Must have been around EF11 oder EF12, if memory serves right.
« Last Edit: 04.09.2014, 14:50:02 by o'wolf »
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #27 on: 04.09.2014, 13:56:59 »

And we are really happy to have the "monster", even if gratitude is not shown/written as much as complaints :)
So yes, thank's a lot for building that incredible machine, and for setting it up plus maintaining it every EF *bows low*

Blue Raptor

« Reply #28 on: 05.09.2014, 15:50:50 »

Yes, the fursuiter accomodations were very well set up and useful. Thanks a lot to Mystifur and the entire team. You did a great job, especially in a new place!
And since I know I look ugly in suit anyway, I didn't even mind the absence of the broken mirrors. :)
(actually, I used the glass walls instead)
Rah, I say.

Axle

« Reply #29 on: 05.09.2014, 19:25:46 »

Privacy - finding out that from the lift area for my room that I can see right in to the lounge, and that some rooms even look directly in was a bit off-putting for me

Heh, I was literally waiting for this one.  ;D
As surpring as it may sound: Yes, even Eurofurence staff realises that glass has a tendency to be see through, and that a roof made of this material will happen to be the same. But unless you want to rent another hall, that is located on the other end of the location, 5 minutes away from rooms, lobby and most importantly stage and dances... you're pretty much out of options against this problem.
We do know that this doesn't make everyone happy. However, as we also know, at this size of event is it impossible to even try to make everyone happy. My team will always go for what makes the most people happy while making the least people unhappy.

You did the right thing:
If you feel uncomfortable inside the lounge, or are concerned about your privacy: Don't use it, and change and refresh in your hotel room. That's prefectly fine and reasonable.

I was discussing this issue with people even before I arrived, lightweight drapes hung from the ceiling would easily stop prying eyes. They needn't even be totally opaque, just a fairly sheer fabric that would still allow air flow.

Unfortunately as 'right' as using my room is, being on the 13th (top) floor in Wing 2, the one with all the breaking lifts and the heaviest usage, meant I was very limited in terms of how often and how long I could suit due to this :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up