Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Big thank you to the fursuit team 2014  (Read 30598 times)

yotie

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Oilfield trash - EF Photoshoot Team
    • Twitter
Big thank you to the fursuit team 2014
« on: 08.07.2014, 21:06:20 »

Hi there!
just a very quick feedback and simple request if possible: )

the fursuit lounge is always great
nothing to say about the availiable tools, beverage, snacks, dries, fans etc...
of course after many years! all the good ideas are already properly set and "obvious to be there!"

Just a quick request that would be neat if possible : )
there are fursuiters who pack their suits in those plastic bags where you can suck the air out using a vacuum cleaner thru a valve
i know the "no vacuum cleaner solution" is squeezing the air out by sitting on the bag,
but its never as effective as a machine, able to "squeeze" it even more
so would it be possible to put one vacuum cleaner, at least during the last days (saturday/sunday/monday) in the fursuit lounge, so fursuiters wishing to "compress their suit" can?
yeaah, that would be great and terrific : )

« Last Edit: 27.08.2014, 01:07:44 by Cheetah »

Joleii

• Joleii J. Raccoonski

Hey  yotie,
it is possible to ask the housekeeping to borrow you their vacuum cleaner. We did this last year in the Maritim and also this year in the Estrel and it worked out really well! The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, just ask! :3

softwolfi

jap i agree..!!

the suiter Lounge was so big and great. ..all the time fresh air and nice to cooling down x) enough dryer Slots on the tables.> i was wondering about that haha ^^

and on the Lounge was some open doors for Smoking and chilling outside really good Thing!
greez softwolfi ^^

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Big thank you to the fursuit team 2014
« Reply #3 on: 27.08.2014, 01:08:28 »

Moderator notice: Split this off from the 2013 thread :)
yours,

Cheetah

zuzu

• Zuzu the KangarooWolf
    • Zuzu's DA
« Reply #4 on: 27.08.2014, 02:52:34 »

Big big thank you to the fursuit team indeed. This was my first eurofurence, and I used nearly all the time I had for suiting. Goofing around, and chirping. :) The fursuit lounge was managed in such a professional way that I couldn't imagine is possible. There was always a place to cool down, even during the dead dog party at the last night.
Everything was top quality, and there was always somebody to help the suiters. So big big thank you again for all the great work you did. :) Hope to meet you on next EF.
Life is a big game... and it's graphic engine is extraordinary :)

Klaatu

• FurAffinity
« Reply #5 on: 27.08.2014, 19:47:12 »

Thank you all for your positive feedback so far, it really warms my heart that you were satisfied with the fursuit lounge this year. <3
It's also great to hear that you think our team did a professional job on this, thanks a lot for that. :)

And helping fursuiters is of course also our job and it's a lot of fun doing this for you. ;)

Of course, the biggest thanks goes to our team-director Mystifur, who does this job for many many years now and who did again a really great job on organizing all the stuff concerning the fursuit lounge and leading our team very well. ;)

@yotie: Concerning the vacuum cleaner, we can maybe ask the hotel staff if they can borrow us one for next year. You can ask Mystifur for that.
But if it's possible also depends on the demand, how many furs besides you also require one of those. :3

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #6 on: 27.08.2014, 22:09:08 »

Thank you very much for your kind words !

*pokes Klaatu* shush you :-P
We had an industrial vacuum cleaner sitting in the fursuit lounge near the repairs area.
It was bright yellow & blue, and by the noise I could hear it being used more than once during the last days.
Sorry if some people missed that. But as said, housekeeping would eagerly help out, if asked nicely.
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

yotie

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Oilfield trash - EF Photoshoot Team
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 28.08.2014, 10:38:31 »

We had an industrial vacuum cleaner sitting in the fursuit lounge near the repairs area.
It was bright yellow & blue, and by the noise I could hear it being used more than once during the last days.

Indeed! I found and used it lots this year!
Used it as a blower to dry neoprene glue, and as a vacuum to compress my fursuits ; )
thanks again : )

if i may do one little complain, it would be about fursuiters leaving their heads (or body) on he dryers during the entire con, wearing them only once - its very easy to notice which heads have been staying there for -loooong-
Same happens with EZwolf's supercooling tank - people leaving their PCM pouches dipping in it the entire time
crowd blocking the entrance of the FSlounge during main events

Please:
-dont leave your fursuit parts on the driers forever- (could maybe be enforced with cheap mechanical timers?)
-like i do, use a little "6 pack sized" cooler bag for the PCM, they keep the stuff solid the entire day and evening! Cool it in the morning or evening, and bring it back to your room -ready for use immediately ; )

LeTigre

• *Mrrrr ... Meow*
« Reply #8 on: 28.08.2014, 14:12:55 »

The fursuit lounge this time was pretty cool.

I liked the idea of having a balcony to get outside.
There was always enough water, straws, cups and food everytime I got there. Special regards to that one guy who just seemed to hide somewhere in anticipation for someone to take a cup. Sometimes he replaced a cup from the box before I could take my hand away :D .... the box was an awesome idea too^^
And also good idea to have the fursuit lounge open all day n' night after the first day and not closing it 0100 like the conbook said. Thanks for this^^

Just one question: Is it necessary to ask fursuiters for their badge at the entrance of the suitlounge?
"No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep"

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #9 on: 28.08.2014, 14:44:37 »

Thank you all for the positive feedback. It means a lot to the people inn my team.

--

Free slots on the dryer: Eurofurence has many cool things going on, and people forget about their suits. Or they plainly do not realize that others are waiting for a slot.
Now while we totally _could_ hover around the dryer, checking every 15 minutes if a suit is dry or not, this is really our very last resort. Not everyone likes their suit being handled, and people would be wondering where it was placed, and basically it would be a lot more work for us.

Here is where you come in: I call every eurofurence fursuiter to action! Make it a social meme. Make it known that it is common sense to remove the suits and heads. Remember people to take the suits away automatically. Twitter about it. Poke freinds. Send tweets to EF-prime, asking people to check their suits and make room.
Create awareness, shun dryer hogging, praise proper removal. So people realise that it's socially unacceptable to block a dryer much like not washing hands after taking a leak.
I am asking everyone of you to start creating this common sense.

--

As for the occasional passport and visa check at the fursuit entrance, let me put it this way:
Everyone in staff would very much love to have less work during the con :-)
So when we put extra work into something that at first glance seems complicated and is a bit of a nuissance to the attendees, yes, there is likely a very good reason behind this.
One of them might be: There is press in the house and we'd like to make sure that your inside out fursuits and heads don't end up in a shady magazine.
One might be that we need to make sure the non-suiting furry doesn't drink away all your precious fursuit drinks.
Think of it as the Eurofurence VIP-Lounge. You don't have a pass, you don't get in.

However, we are constantly working on improving our services and cause as little inconvenience as possible while making your stay more pleasant.
« Last Edit: 28.08.2014, 18:30:31 by Mystifur »
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Sinea

« Reply #10 on: 29.08.2014, 10:27:47 »

*irony on*
Yeah lets put an parkometer on the dryer!  #p

*irony off*

Guys, seriously be social and remember yourself to put off your stuff from the dryer after (insert number here) hours :)

And yes, Mystifur is right, we need to check your badges otherwise unfriendly and curios People will come in, make Photos and drinks all YOUR drinks!

Thanks for the positiv Feedback anyway!
« Last Edit: 29.08.2014, 10:30:30 by Sinea »

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #11 on: 29.08.2014, 13:00:51 »

This year was the first year I excessively used the fursuit lounge to lenghten my suiting-time to a ridiculous degree and I can only say: Big thanks to Mystifur and your whole team, a job very well done!
Layout-wise it was nice and big, fans organized in just the right way, always clean, always filled refreshments and snacks, "cool" (sometimes a little bit -too- cool, guess I got my cold from there xD ) and generally just pleasant meeting other suiters there to have a small chat during suiting.

As I don't really have any critique I can think of, I can only add: keep up the good work guys!

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #12 on: 29.08.2014, 17:08:42 »

A big round of applause for the lounge team: you guys rock :)
- I always and in any occasion felt well taken care of, and like le tigre I also had the notion that the staff was cleaning and resupplying faster than I could consume and waste  ;)
- The trees I found quite usefull as well: I did not get a free space on a table to put stuff down when I changed, so I used the "pots" instead  ::)
- A triple plus for the private fursuiter balcony, I enjoyed that very much...
- Furthermore, the ferbreeze refreshing station! Outstanding, really really nice :)
- Also, I had the feeling that security worked much better this year, in terms of "fursuiters only".

My only point of critique goes to some fellow suiters: blocking the dryers with lycra is just fu***** anoying for others who want to dry their suit and do not have a spot left >:(! Honestly guys, this is an absolute no go!
Lycra drys quick enough to be stored on hangers on the sides of the blowers/the coat racks/the extra lycra stand in front of the blower (which was there this year)!!! If it is not quick enough for you taste, bring a second set. To come back from the parade and find @ 5 spots blocked by pants and shirts blowing lazyly in the wind just made me really angry unhappy.
So for next year: please do not be an arse and quit this egoistic behaviour. Remember that there are 700 of us!!! Thanks!

Axle

« Reply #13 on: 29.08.2014, 17:16:31 »

Overall the great lounge I've come to expect from EF :)

On to my only gripes though:

Privacy - finding out that from the lift area for my room that I can see right in to the lounge, and that some rooms even look directly in was a bit off-putting for me and did affect how/how often I used the lounge.
Smoking - I found a couple of times that people were out back on the small balcony smoking, not a smell I (and I'm sure others) like introducing into our suits.
Seating - While I know this is always going to be limited, especially at busy times, I didn't see more than maybe 5-10 seats in the lounge. After a long suiting stint, somewhere to catch your breath is highly appreciated.

Rakhan

« Reply #14 on: 29.08.2014, 17:41:54 »

My only point of critique goes to some fellow suiters: blocking the dryers with lycra

The fursuit staff were observed being quite active in removing items stuck to the back of fans, but it seemed to be a never ending task, but yeah I hate the assorted sweaty items that everyone has to then share being blown at them.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up