Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This could have been my best EF ever.. IF only...  (Read 6892 times)

Cookie

This could have been my best EF ever.. IF only...
« on: 27.08.2014, 02:09:40 »

Yeah, Everything was just great..(I'll post in the feedback section a detailed review)

But something happened that put quite a damper on our moods:

On the Friday evening, PonyHeart (my boyfriend) and me decided to have dinner at the bar in the lobby.
We took along our sketchbooks "in case we meet someone who might want to draw in it".

Quickly, people joined us at the table and we were chatting happily.
We decided to go suit for the Fursuit friendly dance.
We were so busy chatting that we were quite distracted.

Once upstairs, we suddently realized that none of us picked up the sketchbooks, that have been left lying on the table.
We went back downstairs immediately and.....

They were gone. In less than 15 minutes.

Bar staff didn't see them, Con Ops never got them back, nor did the Reception of the hotel.

They simply got stolen (yes, if someone didn't turn them in, i call that person a friggin THIEF).

It infuriates me to no end.

WHY would someone steal art featuring another's person's character???
I had memories in that book dating back to EF 11.
11 !
9 years ago!

And PonyHeart is livid as well (well he at least has scans of his drawings, i don't...)

Please circulate the news..
The Furry fandom is NOT anymore the safe place it used to be..
I remember hearing stories of people leaving wallets bursting with cash lying around and finding them intact, or laptops being found at Con Ops DAYS after being forgotten..

WHY friggin SKETCHBOOKS???????

*angry and sad*
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Schiraki

Re: This could have been my best EF ever.. IF only...
« Reply #1 on: 27.08.2014, 18:46:19 »

I feel so sorry for you. :(
A friend of mine got his doorsign stolen at the confuzzled, I will never understan why someone steals art of characters that are not theirs.

I hold my thumbs that they maybe get found somewhere.

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #2 on: 27.08.2014, 22:39:37 »

Does the hotel have security cams in this area? Maybe they can give you pictures or so :/

It's a really disgusting thought that not even furcons are safe anymore. Stolen things within minutes, wow, just wow.
One of the elevators in wing 1 had a Keepers of the Light poster, it was gone within 1 1/2 days or so.

Token

• Convention Security Operative
  • *nom nom nom*
« Reply #3 on: 28.08.2014, 00:55:56 »

Does the hotel have security cams in this area? Maybe they can give you pictures or so :/
Yes, security has checked this. Unfortunately due to data-protection rules, these recordings are deleted after 24 hours. So no luck with that.

I am really sorry for you Cookie and I really hope it will eventually turn up somewhere. :S

*hugs*
Token

LeTigre

• *Mrrrr ... Meow*
« Reply #4 on: 28.08.2014, 14:13:54 »

There's always one or two idiots ruining it for everyone XD
"No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep"

Akeela

• Grillmeister
  • The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #5 on: 29.08.2014, 15:57:09 »

Cookie,
Sorry to hear that. But please also consider that the Lobby is a public space, that ist not only frequented by con attendees, but also by other guests of the hotel and by people wandering in to eat or have a drink. Also, there is hotel personell, and contractors walking around there. While I agree the number of these people is much smaller than the number of furries, I'd say there is a possibility your sketchbooks weren't removed by con guests, but by someone else.
Therefore, I'd say warning everyone about the furry fandom being unsafe is overdoing it a bit. I'd rather warn people that a hotel lobby is a public place, and therefore not safer than a train station or an airport, no matter how many furries currently run around.

-Akeela

Cookie

« Reply #6 on: 29.08.2014, 21:08:12 »

We were in a lil corner, and around us at the tables were only furries. When we came back, the tables were still occupied by furries only.
It was only a matter of minutes. We asked around and noone saw anything....
So that's why we assumed they would turn up at Con Ops, eventually...which didn't happened.
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !
Pages: [1]   Go Up