Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF26 feedback  (Read 4424 times)

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
EF26 feedback
« on: 05.09.2022, 02:15:17 »

Do we really not have a topic on this yet?

First off, it was really great to be back in Berlin and be able to attend Eurofurence again. (Though apparently I'm out of practice, and did a few silly things this year. >.< )

The new con-space layout seemed an improvement. The much larger Artists Alley was probably welcome, though I think the layout could do with a little finessing. There were several tables that were obscured by long queues for the dealers den and artists lounge. The Dealers Den felt larger, and had a much more sensible layout of tables, which meant moving around was much easier. Hopefully the fursuit lounge was as good or better than its last location.

On the topic of patreon rewards... I very much enjoyed the backstage tour, and hope we didn't get in the way too much. However I had some trouble with the seat reservation offer. It was a very nice offer, but the last minute nature of the announcement caused a few problems. Not the least of which was that security at the pawpet show apparently hadn't been told about it. Though member of security was kind enough to offer me a seat in the security/medic section once I showed him the patreon post.

Unfortunately there was one very unpleasant issue this year.

The Club Stage was a very bad place to host The Booty Bounce. The ceiling of the club stage is the floor of hotel rooms. The upper part of the club stage walls are also common with hotel rooms. It's right across the Estrel Foyer from lots more hotel rooms. And it was right next to the Artists lounge.

There is a Eurofurence Rule about parties that are so loud they can be heard in neighbouring hotel rooms, especially late at night or early in the morning. The Booty Bounce violated almost every clause of that rule. No attempt was made to control or mitigate the volume. Complaints were made, and they were ignored, or blown off. Presumably because senior members of con-staff signed off on the party, and the volume, and the base speakers - and on the inconvenience and unpleasantness it caused everyone else.

Artists were driven out of the Artists Lounge by that party.

This didn't happen at EF25. Frankly, I very much hope this was an experiment, and one that will not be repeated at EF27. ECC Room One or the Main Stage are both much better suited to such an event, as both are physically isolated, and do not share common walls with places where people might be trying to rest, sleep, or draw.

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
Re: EF26 feedback
« Reply #1 on: 05.09.2022, 20:24:22 »

On the topic of patreon rewards... I very much enjoyed the backstage tour, and hope we didn't get in the way too much. However I had some trouble with the seat reservation offer. It was a very nice offer, but the last minute nature of the announcement caused a few problems. Not the least of which was that security at the pawpet show apparently hadn't been told about it. Though member of security was kind enough to offer me a seat in the security/medic section once I showed him the patreon post.

That's why your number and name were written down during the tour.
You then just had to pick up your paper bracelet from the security office. There were many free seats during the show for the patreon people, you just had to find them first.

Yeah. Loved that tour, was awesome to see things from the other side for once!
Generally, this PPS was awesome! And was happy to that you could make it snow in the end after all. Also interesting that it was a half open end. What happened afterwards is up to evereyones imagination.

Also for being understaffed, this EF went super smooth!
When it comes to events, mainly the concert got delayed a lot, everything else late was just bearable delayed, which was really nice.

Some issues with the queues I mentioned in my feedback thingy already, that Sponsor/Regular attendee queue confusion existed, that queues lead outside when it rained or there bees were, that DD queuers occupied the whole area for many hrs which was annoying.

What I forgot to mention in my feedback survey:
The music during the dances mainly had the style of: "The more bass, the more just hard wub wub wub, the better!", even during the Classic Cruise as long as I was able to stay. Why...? There is a variation for a reason, I'd really appreciate to stay "on topic" there and not play weird remixes.
That Eurovision was really (partially remixed) Eurovision music gave me laugh though. Bet there are many not familiar with it. There were some good choices.

And was it just me, or was it unbearable warm in the room during the dances? Had to walk into the fan corner to cool down pretty often, way more than usual. There was no air moving where all the people were.

The DJ ship was kinda cool, just caused all the people to only use half the room. xD"

All other real problems were hotel related again.
Old story of hardly or no working ACs (wing 4 AC main unit was broken for more than 12 hrs), bathroom exhausts now doing even less of a job, this time they added """doors""" which reduced bathroom privacy to a bare minimum and even got a... glory hole... (now I really don't wanna share a room with someone there, especailly if I don't know them...). 180€/night 4* Hotel... x_x"
But staff remained as nice as ever and more or less helpful as possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up