Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot change "Account Related Settings"  (Read 9099 times)

Zumara

Cannot change "Account Related Settings"
« on: 31.08.2014, 11:20:34 »

I've tried to make changes to those settings and provided the same password as used for log-in (the current password, as requested). But then it states that the password isn't correct?
What could be wrong?

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Cannot change "Account Related Settings"
« Reply #1 on: 01.09.2014, 10:15:31 »

You shouldn't have to re-enter your password when editing your profile - only if you actually want to change your password. Could it be that your browser is trying to fill in the empty password field for you, and has the wrong password cached?
yours,

Cheetah

Zumara

« Reply #2 on: 01.09.2014, 16:51:45 »

I don't use any browser-internal password storage (to unsecure), so that couldn't be it.
On the site itself it is stated that the current password is needed to make changes to the account (for security reasons).

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 01.09.2014, 16:56:41 »

I don't use any browser-internal password storage (to unsecure), so that couldn't be it.
On the site itself it is stated that the current password is needed to make changes to the account (for security reasons).

Hmm... okay, then I guess I never see this message because I'm admin :) You're the first and only one to report this problem. Possibilities are either that your password is not what you think it is, or that SOMETHING is wrong with your browser.

I could reset your password and we could try if that helps. Other than that, I'm at a loss what the problem might be ...
yours,

Cheetah

Zumara

« Reply #4 on: 01.09.2014, 17:28:30 »

That's quite strange indeed since I'm using that very same password to login to this forum...
I've tested it with IE11, using Firefox as my main browser. Neither works...
Pages: [1]   Go Up