Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nostalgia: Eurofurence 5 Video re-released on vimeo :)  (Read 8067 times)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator

Eurofurence 5 (1999) - A blast from the past from Eurofurence e.V. on Vimeo.

We're putting this up for the nostalgia - in glorious VHS quality. This is not representative for what EF is today at all. This is a really old video from our archives, back from the times when we were young, and had no idea what we are doing.

Eurofurence 5 took place at the Jugenddorf Müggelsee in Berlin and drew around 120 attendees. By today's standards, we wouldn't have called this a convention, but merely a small furry party. But if you look closely, you'll see a lot of familiar faces, and a lot of ideas in their amateurish infancy that were new back then, but are a solid part of today's furry convention culture.

By today standards, some aspects may seem outright freakish. But you have to keep in mind, that this was before the time of professional fursuit makers. If you wanted a costume, you either had to buy an ugly off-the-shelf sports mascot suit, or try to build your own. Nor did anybody know how to properly perform in suit - that part of the subculture simply didn't exist yet. By the standards of 1999, however, the costumes were absolutely awesome, groundbreaking, and filled their owners with pride! Those were the days.

Enjoy :)
yours,

Cheetah

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
Re: Nostalgia: Eurofurence 5 Video re-released on vimeo :)
« Reply #1 on: 15.12.2014, 19:03:28 »

I'm bemused by the stuck rubbish truck as well, was there a story to that happening?
More is more.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 15.12.2014, 19:25:18 »

I'm bemused by the stuck rubbish truck as well, was there a story to that happening?

Well, if I remember correctly, someone or something blocked the driveway, and the garbage truck driver tried to take a detour across the lawn - forgetting that it's a lake shore, and that under the grass, there's nothing but loose sand - where he hopelessly got stuck. Much to the amusement of the attendees :)
yours,

Cheetah

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #3 on: 15.12.2014, 21:36:32 »

Well, if I remember correctly, someone or something blocked the driveway

Just the turning area, the driver was too lazy to back out so he tried to take the detour over the lawn.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
« Reply #4 on: 16.12.2014, 16:36:01 »

At least it wasn't a thousand people watching him get it wrong and get recovered. Poor guy, I wonder if he still thinks back to it happening or more the animal types around :)
More is more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up