Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WILDTIERHILFE FIEL NEEDS US AGAIN!!!  (Read 39892 times)

Jorinda

• Press Relations
Re: WILDTIERHILFE FIEL NEEDS US AGAIN!!!
« Reply #30 on: 11.01.2015, 16:22:46 »

Dirk and Rosi have a Wishlist on Amazon what they do need most right now.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/registry/wishlist/2N3ZS91RU02LE
Thanks for the link. I guess everyone of us can easily pay for something small like a box of screws (without the list, I wouldn't have thought of giving such items as a donation).

Goldie

• GoH Relations
« Reply #31 on: 11.01.2015, 16:39:54 »

I did both and offered them help with the rebuilding and stuff. Still have 12 days holiday from last year.

I am so thankful that they become the official charity we will support this year.
I am not a hamster or a goldfish either....

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #32 on: 11.01.2015, 20:01:34 »

Worst thing is that the insurances they have and paid for are giving them a very hard time, avoiding to pay and find excuses why things are not covered. So unfortunately they won't be able to expect much hope from them. :(

One of the first things I thought and hoped for that they had one, but sad to hear that insurance campany is being bad with them.
Maybe some expertise in this field would help them out?
It is a pretty personal matter, but maybe we can figure out if they are just talking trash or it is really not covered by the insurance.

And if not (mostly more if yes) we could nuke em on social media and call them out on withholding money from people so desperately in need.
I have not a lot of remorse for insurance companies. Don't get me wrong, it's hard work doing all the research, paperwork and it's very hard when large events suddenly swallow all your funds with claims. But then again, they get paid to cover for things people lost so it really strikes a nerve that when you finally need them they start sifting on every little detail.

Arahn

• GoH Relations
« Reply #33 on: 11.01.2015, 20:31:14 »

Thank you very much for making Wildtierhilfe Fiel the official charity!
This is great news and one more big thing I am looking forward to.
Contact Info: +49 175 194 2566 - r.burkhardt@weserbild.de - Telegram: @Arahn - Twitter: @Arahn_Doberman

PATROL

• Convention Security Operative
  • Roads? How boring!
« Reply #34 on: 12.01.2015, 00:25:34 »

I approve this decision

Blackie Leone

« Reply #35 on: 12.01.2015, 08:15:53 »

Awesome decision to make them the beneficiary for charity again! Thank you very much for that!

Most likly I will not have the time to be an attendee for the whole con like last year but I bet I can visit for half a day between my work. Like last year I will then of course put some cash in one of the charity boxes.
FFLs6as A- C++ D H+++ M- P++ R++ T+++ W- Z- Sm++ RLCT a+ c++$ n d++ e++ f+++ h++ i+ j p- sm++

Ghostbear

• high-maintenance
    • FA
« Reply #36 on: 12.01.2015, 14:22:17 »

Excellent decision for this years charity. And thanks for linking that Amazon wishlist. I think there are some things that can be done with it.

Goldie

• GoH Relations
« Reply #37 on: 13.01.2015, 20:12:35 »

Just a short update:

Stern TV was at the Wildtierhilfe Fiel today and Dirk will be live on TV tomorrow evening (10:15pm CET)

http://www.stern.de/tv/sterntv/wildtierhilfe-fiel-tierbabys-in-der-auffangstation-in-not-2165894.html

I am not a hamster or a goldfish either....

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #38 on: 29.01.2015, 17:02:56 »

Is their anything news to report?

I feel kind of bad of not checking that out myself somehow, but I'm not native German so I only see the news in that region from time to time.
Their Facebook page says they are going to do something tomorrow?

https://www.facebook.com/wildtierhilfefiel/posts/786604188099893

Any one else got some news on what is going on their?

CleanerWolf

• Camera Crew
  • Video Team
  • Lupine furry freak
« Reply #39 on: 29.01.2015, 17:34:35 »

They need helping paws for today and tomorrow.
Maybe they should announce things like that a little bit earlier next time...
Furry conventions are like light bubbles in a dark ocean.

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #40 on: 29.01.2015, 20:28:50 »

I can't quite see that post - current post says they continue on Saturday 9:00 (can Facebook users see more?).
Still announced a bit late, but I guess I will try to swing by (no idea if that works with the dog, but at least I can make EF a presence there).
Anyone wants to tag along from Kiel area?

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #41 on: 08.02.2015, 21:29:53 »

So, last weekend I visited Fiel to look at the damage and talk to the people there and take a few photos. It was also cleanup day for them, fortunately sunny, so there were quite a few helpers present to remove the rubble.

Don't wanna take too much of your time, so here's the current state in a nutshell.

1. The cause of the damage was apparently a small tornado (also known in Northern Germany as Windhose*). Although no one was outside to observe it due to the weather, the pattern of destruction suggests it. A simple storm would not have damaged the enclosures that much, which are sturdy enough for all the usual storms.

2. Helpers have cleaned up the place, but much of the building material has been rendered unusable, being recycled as firewood. The space where the enclosures used to be is now pretty empty.

3. Ground conditions prevent an immediate rebuild (also, they need material first). Due to the winter, it's all soggy ground and flooded area, where you can't create proper foundations (which are necessary due to the local climate). Weather is annoyingly between freezing and thawing these days.

4. Other than the foxes, the lost parakeets have not returned. A few have been seen in the neighbor village, but apparently they are not territorial enough to come back.**

The Fußbahns would like to express their heartfelt thanks for all the material and moral support that has already been given. They will continue their life's work, but the reconstruction of the station will still take a lot of time and effort.

* Wind trousers. Yes, that's a word.
** Actually similarly escaped parakeets are known to have established colonies in Germany, albeit farther south. I don't know if they still survive.

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #42 on: 08.02.2015, 23:37:35 »

Thanks for the update.
Pfff, that looks rough.

So even if they have a bunch of money, people and materials it's going to be some time till the ground is dried enough for them to rebuild?

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #43 on: 09.02.2015, 00:35:55 »

They will also take inventory of what they got, and buy additional material (I don't think sending large amounts of timber through Amazon is postman-friendly ;-) ) on top of their daily work.

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
    • Twillight (perfoIllusion) on YouTube
« Reply #44 on: 10.02.2015, 23:59:59 »

Ich bin dieses Jahr wieder Super Sponsor. Ich weiß nicht wie das genau läuft, aber wird davon auch ein Teil an die Charity  (Wildtierhilfe Fiel) gehen?

I'm back this year as Super Sponsor. I do not know how it works exactly, but it is also a part goes to the charity (Wildtierhilfe Fiel)?
« Last Edit: 11.02.2015, 00:11:10 by Twillight »
Die Deutschen müssen mein Englisch nicht verstehen können, oder schön finden.  Es reicht wenn sie mein Deutsch verstehen. Wichtiger ist es das englisch sprachige Leute mein Englisch verstehen, auch wenn es nicht gut ist.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up