Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: International Snack Exchange back for EF21?  (Read 52749 times)

Kamuniak

• Con Book
  • Profile picture by Dolphiana
    • Kamuniak.com
Re: International Snack Exchange back for EF21?
« Reply #75 on: 25.08.2015, 20:11:32 »

Thanks again everyone for this year's ISE! Too bad event was right after breakfast, and I had to go to duty at 11 and Dealer's Den at 12, so I missed much of this... But still this was very nice event once again. So many weird things to taste, and so many people face to look when they taste salmiakki :D

Just a quick feedback, I heard several people saying afterwards that they didn't come to that event since they didn't bring anything themselves. At least I've understood that everyone is welcome even if you don't bring anything(?) This could be maybe mentioned in event description in conbook that everyone is welcome. Because once again there was much more food and sweets to eat than people eating them :)

Leophan

« Reply #76 on: 25.08.2015, 21:52:02 »

When I wrote the event description I tried to make it clear you could just drop by and have a taste, but without making it look like just a free lunch. As for the time, I requested a timeslot that would be outside normal earing hours, this again to prevent people from seeing the event as just a free lunch.

From my own point of view:

3 hours seemed way to long before the event, but time really flew by. People seemed to be having fun and the event mostly ran itself.
The norwegian table lacked brown cheese unfortunately, but we made up for it with three choices of fish.
Closing of the event was a little rushed due to a printing error, but it still went pretty smooth.

Finally got to try a Twinkie, and honestly, it wasn't very good imo xD

To those going back next year, have fun exchange a lot of snacks :)

Cosmik

« Reply #77 on: 27.08.2015, 05:29:57 »

Twinkie are horrible, but you wouldn't have believed me if I had just told you.  You had to learn for yourself... like Dorothy in The Wizard Of Oz.  :D

If I can attend next year I'll bring something that actually tastes good.  :)

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Dealers Den
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #78 on: 27.08.2015, 16:33:29 »

https://twitter.com/nightdragon0/status/630347827672039425

Hopefully these will work out for mine!  :)

So you were the dragon bringing these Durian Cookies all along... I had one in the ConOps office and damn ... I wasn't able to get rid of that taste. It needed a hell lot of garlic to feel human again. XD

Leophan

« Reply #79 on: 27.08.2015, 16:35:56 »

So you were the dragon bringing these Durian Cookies all along... I had one in the ConOps office and damn ... I wasn't able to get rid of that taste. It needed a hell lot of garlic to feel human again. XD

Snack Roulette xD But great too hear the leftovers were used after we flooded the office with them xD

Ralesk

« Reply #80 on: 30.08.2015, 03:02:42 »

But Durian is love :D
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
« Reply #81 on: 30.08.2015, 15:11:48 »

When love smells like the bio-bin in wing 4, and we get a biohazard alarm prompting a hotel evacuation, maybe a purely platonic relationship is to be preferred.  ;D
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

nightdragon0

• Twitter
« Reply #82 on: 30.08.2015, 18:37:04 »

When love smells like the bio-bin in wing 4, and we get a biohazard alarm prompting a hotel evacuation, maybe a purely platonic relationship is to be preferred.  ;D

I shall make note to forward them all to Ralesk next time!

But well, it seems to be something that people either like or totally can't stomach. So it might worry you guys that those cookies aren't as strong as the actual fruit o-0

Angus

• The Daily Eurofurence Photographer
  • The Daily Eurofurence
    • [FA]
« Reply #83 on: 31.08.2015, 00:15:53 »

I shall make note to forward them all to Ralesk next time!

But well, it seems to be something that people either like or totally can't stomach. So it might worry you guys that those cookies aren't as strong as the actual fruit o-0

I can kind of confirm that. I tried durian-flavored ice cream earlier this year on a business trip to Singapore. I actually kind of liked it. But most of my colleagues couldn't stand it. And yes, the taste lingers for quite some time.

I haven't had the courage to try the actual fruit, though. The odor is quite, well, overwhelming. ;)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up