Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behaviour as Dealer in the Den  (Read 9302 times)

SiranaJHelena

• Sirana J. Helena on Weasyl
Behaviour as Dealer in the Den
« on: 03.03.2015, 02:17:24 »

Hello dear Dealer's Den Team,

I have a few questions about being an Artist in the DD and as it might interest other people, too, I opened this thread instead of sending an E-Mail. :)

This year I registered for the DD the first time. Although the rules offer many information about how to register, what to sell and other stuff like this, I have some questions left about actually being there the whole day. Please don't understand this thread as "I do desperately need that or I'm going to die". I'm just asking to know what I'm allowed to do there - and especially what not (beside selling stuff and become the richest badass of the galaxy :D). Of course I could just ask other Dealer's from last year but as this was the first visit in the Estrel I suppose there might have been a few changes in the rules and the whole organisation of everything related.
(Also I apologize beforehand if my way of talking might sound somehow rude or abusing to you. I'm not a native speaker and may sometimes accidently say something wrong. I don't mean to harm anyone.)

1) Food & Drinks
I know it's not welcomed to eat your happy meal in the lobby or drink three beers from Edeka right in front of the bar. However, as artists in the DD we're kind of tied to the room for six hours a day although it's of course possible to take a break for regular necessities like lunch. Maybe you even find a good soul which is so kind to take care of your stuff. Going outside for every drip of soda water or ice tea sounds a little uncomfortable for the Dealer though and for every other Dealer you have to sneak around until you're outside the room. Same goes for some jelly bears or a small sandwich. I totally understand though that eating a jumbo Salami Pizza would be a serious danger to the goods around. So how is this handled? What is allowed, what isn't?

2) Electricity
During the registration it's possible to ask for an electric socket, so there is electricity in general. I'm sure many people would like to share one or bring more than one device. Are we allowed to bring own distribution boxes in case they are needed or are only yours allowed due to security reasons, fire precautions or insurance issues? (German because I can't say in English: Ich könnte auch einen Adapter zum Überspannungsschutz mitbringen.)

3) Electronic devices
What kind of stuff are we allowed to bring? I remember the huge discussion about large refrigators for fursuiters last year, just as the usual talk about water boilers for hot drinks and instant food. While the first one is probably unneccessary unless people want to sell pictures made of meat, other might think of water boilers for coffee (I'm thinking of issue 1 again.) Beside that there is of course less exotic stuff like laptops, tablets, mobile phones or even small printers, laminators for badges, radios for musicians or other things I haven't thought of yet. What is allowed, what's not?

4) ...other things
There are probably other small things I didn't start considering about. Are there other points I have to think about concerning general behaviour (aside from "don't demolish anything" and "don't cheat on your customers")? Traditionall artists may need a pot of water to clean their brushes, which might also be a problem if someone accidently knocks it down. Someone may paint on glass or need one as part of some light table or whatever. Any "survival hints" are welcomed here.

Long post is long. Again, it's no wishlist, just a few questions to make it possible to avoid problems. :)
I'm in ur quantm box... maybe...

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
Re: Behaviour as Dealer in the Den
« Reply #1 on: 09.03.2015, 23:28:32 »

Hello Sirana,
I can understand your concern and that you have a lot of questions.
I try to help you the best I can.

1) Food & Drinks:
What? You aren't here for fun so do your job!!! Nah, just kidding. ;D
Since you aren't forced to stick behind your table all day long you can go and catch yourself something to eat and to drink. Other than that your helping hand (who got a special mark on the badge) will be allowed to support you with all you need. We hope that the artists consider of their neighbours and don't eat something smelly. Softdrinks need to be in a closable bottle so that you don't accidentially pour it over your neighbours goods.
You also can go and visite a panel, if you're interersted in one. Just put a sign saying "will be back around ..." on your table and ask your neighbour to keep an eye on your stuff.

2) Electricity:
We should have enough to support everyone in the Den with a fair amount of socket-outlets for a digital device and recharging your telephone for example. If you plan on bringing a toaster, electric kettle and other neat devices like a fursuit dryer we would kindly ask you to not use them. :)

3) Electronic devices:
If you plan on moving into the Den with your whole home work space we'd like to ask you to just bring what your really really need... space IS limited!

4) ... other things:
For the water: If you drop it on your neighbours papers then it is a thing between you and that person. Eurofurence e.V. only provides the tables, we can't held responsible for anything you do accidentially - even the loss of money or problems with your customers.
Fot the rest: When you really need a lot of equipment for your work in the Den then please contact the Dealers' Den Team before the con directly via e-mail at dealers@eurofurence.org. We can help you working things out.

Other than that two things from me:
You are allowed to bring things like small shelves or whatever to present your goods if you think it's needed. You can stack onto the table or underneath or behind you but you're not allowed to put anything in front of the tables so that the security pathes might be blocked. And you mustn't disturb the artists and dealer sitting next to or behind you with any larger equipment or goods. "Everyone should have a good time not only you." :)
« Last Edit: 10.03.2015, 07:48:48 by Alpha_Ki »

SiranaJHelena

• Sirana J. Helena on Weasyl
« Reply #2 on: 06.04.2015, 14:29:51 »

Hiho (and sorry fot the late response.. ^^; )

At first: Thanks for your lengthy answer! It really clears some things up.

1) So, drinks inside if kept in secured closed bottles; food outside and no greek food with lots of onions and garlic during for lunch. :D

2) Ok, toasters or fursuit dryers only switched of and for sale. (No, I don't really plan to do that as long as it's not completely sure that the revolution of household appliances is just a hoax.)

3) No, I don't plan that. The only device I was thinking of beside my smartphone might be a laminator from which I heard they might smell a little in general. (I can't tell for mine because I didn't buy one yet but I will sure have until August.) I wonder if this might bother someone. Do you know how bad this smell is, maybe from other artists who brought one before?

4) Thanks for the survival tips. If another question appears, I'll send a mail. :)
I'm in ur quantm box... maybe...

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #3 on: 06.04.2015, 16:15:38 »

No Problem. I'm not the fastest myself. ;)

3) There are artists bringing their own lamination device. They do smell, yes, like molten plastic what it actually is.
I think this is something everyone can life with. And these things usually don't run for 6 hours constantly. So yeah, these are okay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up