Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurofurence Shop looking for volunteers  (Read 7794 times)

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
Eurofurence Shop looking for volunteers
« on: 11.03.2015, 22:55:43 »

Hi everybody!

We're changing things a bit for 2016, so the Eurofurence Con Shop team is looking for new staff and volunteers again.

Who we need most are people who help out during the initial registration rush where we get to handle the sponsor item handouts and T-shirt sales for well over 1,000 attendees; working together with Con Ops and Registration to keep the supply of merchandise going, handing out merchandise to attendees and ticking off people's names on lists! Boy, isn't that fun!

So quintessentially,
what we're looking for is someone who:
  • is able to work either Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons/evenings (approx. 14:00-20:00ish)
  • has a working command of either German or English, preferably both
  • ideally, has some previous experience in customer service or retail
  • can handle a boxcutter without causing a security incident (at least, unintentionally so)

The advantages:

• You'll get to meet most of the convention guests
  • It's a great way to get a first glimpse into the massive machinery that powers EF
  • You get to jump the registration queue! (unique selling point)

The disadvantages:

• You'll get to meet most of the convention guests, even those you didn't want to meet
    (but we have plenty of hand sanitizer!)
  • You may be shanghaied recommended to other departments like registration or Con Ops  ;)

Also, from this year there'll be additional duties in the Dealers' Den, manning the EF merchandise booth during opening times, together with some of our Dealers' Den staff if neccessary (ex. in rush times right after opening)

You can sign up both as a permanent member of the team (I need about four or five of them), essentially enslaving yourself to the organisation, or, if you feel you can't help out enough yet, you can try out being a volunteer helper first. Our times fluctuate somewhat, so we usually don't need all hands on deck all the time, but sometimes we do.

So if you're interested in this glamorous post in our great organisation, drop a line to shop@eurofurence.org and I'll get back to you.
« Last Edit: 02.04.2016, 12:41:47 by doco »
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up