Off Topic > General Furry Talk

Getting it wrong: the "what species is this fur?" guessing game

<< < (6/6)

Fafnir Kristensen:
one of my friend and I went skiing, him with his partial dragon suite, and I will always remember the kid who said "look, ma, a cow!" ;)

also, the same friend, not suiting, but this time with another well known dragon suiter, went to a medieval fair and got from an old lady "hey look, it's Goldorak!" (french name of the giant robot Grendizer) ;))

Atkelar:
Let's face it: with the "exotic" markings and species mixtures that some fursuits have, it is sometimes very hard to get it right... even as an experienced and seasoned fur. There's just too much artistic freedom going around with some of the recent creations. Also, some specialized species based on games or anime series are not well known enough to be recognized by "the general public".

Add that to the fact that most people couldn't identify an animal in real life and you know why there's an abundance of wrong identifications. Eddie McBadger (who I spot for occasionally) keeps getting identified as a skunk typically, although he got all the typical traits right in the suit and no "hybrid" additions. People go with what they know: Black/white stripes > Skunk.

Bottom line: if it is important for the fursuiter to be correctly identified, a badge "Hi! I'm a _____" would be needed; otherwise there's always going to be some sort of confusion and while I undestand that that can be frustrating, I can't see a way around it.

Cookie:
This year it seemed that most of the people thought that my boyfriend's pony fursuit was... a cow.

LOLOL....

Ragear:
last time, fursuiting at the Zoo: "look Dad, a bear" ... as a compensation I ate that kid, tasted like chicken ... justice served. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version