Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Notifications about Delays and Re-Shedules  (Read 8905 times)

Akulatraxas

• Programming
Notifications about Delays and Re-Shedules
« on: 30.05.2015, 22:52:54 »

Hey!,

You know, there always will be delays, re-schedules or even cancellations in our program happening during convention.
I would like you to ask what method you would prefer to get notified about that.

Last year we used twitter and the official Eurofurence app.

Greetings
Aku

Jorinda

• Press Relations
Re: Notifications about Delays and Re-Shedules
« Reply #1 on: 01.06.2015, 10:01:05 »

I think Twitter is fine. That information also goes in the EF Prime, right?

A printed bulletin board wouldn't make much sense, as it would need reprinting for every update. That's a waste of paper (and time).

Vaulz

• Convention Security Operative
  • :3
« Reply #2 on: 03.06.2015, 01:23:21 »

An actual piece of paper would be nice. Just a simple list, at a key area of the convention, where someone who is in charge of an event can leave a note if he/she knows in advance that the event will be delayed or canceled. After all, not every attendee has constant access to the internet.

VulpesRex

« Reply #3 on: 03.06.2015, 04:44:52 »

For those of us who are not able to see a twitter-feed, an erasable "white board", updated as necessary and set up on an easle in the lobby between the elevators for block 2 and the hotel registration desk - or some other central location which everyone might resonably be expected to pass a few times a day - ought to do the trick.
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

SouthPaw

« Reply #4 on: 05.06.2015, 02:43:00 »

I'd go for a "belt and braces" approach: Messages via Twitter, the EF app and the EF Prime ticker as well as a printed notice outside the affected room(s), preferably no later than the original scheduled start time if known about in advance.

One thing not to do, however, is to "slip" a time unless it's absolutely necessary. If you tell people, "Whittling for Beginners will start one hour late", they'll grumble, but it gives them a chance to get something to eat/drink or do something else. If you tell them "Whittling for Beginners will start fifteen minutes late", "Sorry. It's delayed by another 15 minutes", "Nope...Another 15 minutes", "Sorry...It'll be another 15 minutes", you'll have a queue full of angry people even though the delay's the same.

On the flip side, if you say "Whittling for Beginners will start half an hour late", but it subsequently proves to be possible to start earlier, stick with the original delay, otherwise you'll annoy people.

tl;dr There is no way to win if an event is delayed
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

Akulatraxas

• Programming
« Reply #5 on: 08.08.2015, 00:49:55 »

We build an App that will run an one prominent display somewhere between Lobby and Rotunde. It will display the relevant re-schedules and delays. Additionally those things will be automatically be put on twitter. We are working on getting this infos into EF-Prime and the Official EF-App as well, but it may not work out because it's not much time left.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 08.08.2015, 01:11:20 »

I would suggest that the @eurofurence account automatically gets a slot in the twitter scroller on ef-prime ... athesis would be the one to ask for the implementation. BBF likes the idea.
yours,

Cheetah

Athesis

• Video Team
  • Video Team
  • Siberian Husky
« Reply #7 on: 08.08.2015, 21:24:15 »

I would suggest that the @eurofurence account automatically gets a slot in the twitter scroller on ef-prime ... athesis would be the one to ask for the implementation. BBF likes the idea.

Done - Anything what @eurofurence will posts shows up now in EF-Prime Twitter Scroller. Also, whoever may concern can get access to the upper scroller whitch is actually just made to show upcomming events, delays and other stuff ;)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 09.08.2015, 12:46:49 »

Oh,  okay :) Of course the announcements should not show up twice ... if you already have a seconds crawl and staff can basically put things in, lets say by webbrowser on the staff network, without having to get physical access to the PC that runs it, that would be fine. I guess you know who to contact?
yours,

Cheetah

Akulatraxas

• Programming
« Reply #9 on: 25.08.2015, 16:26:01 »

How did you like our first try this year?
We had an monitor in the great gallery which showed all reschedules and delays. Additionally everything was announced via the @eurofurence twitter and the EF-App. The tweets were shown on EF-Prime. (Possibly not prominent enough)

For next year I plan to add an telegram-bot.

Kyera

• Fluffy Mare
« Reply #10 on: 25.08.2015, 16:57:42 »

For next year I plan to add an telegram-bot.

I truly love that idea!

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #11 on: 25.08.2015, 18:02:58 »

What is a telegram bot?

And I found this years information really helpful :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up