Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback and Comments regarding the guide on Clothing and Decency  (Read 7357 times)

Dhary Montecore

Hello everyone and thank you for your feedback! As you can not answer in the announcements board please use this thread for your comments and feedback!

You find the original announcement here: https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,6268.0.html

SarahLynx

• Fursuit Photoshooting

I just read the EF's guide on Clothing and Decency after a group chat on mentioned earlier today. I'm happy to see that there is nothing there that discriminates against anyone transgendered. Never thought there were, but I read it now to see if it by any chance went passed me at earlier cons. I was curious.

I've heard a rumours from attendees earlier years that there were rules that limits us transgendered people to express ourselves. And people being unsure if it's alright. Things like, and I'm paraphrasing: "You're not allowed to wear that", "Are you not afraid security will throw you out for wearing that?", "Have you made sure you're allowed to crossdress at X con?" and similar. I never believed what they said though. I just let it pass.

Honestly rumours like those are just too stupid to be true. I just ignored them, and only got really annoyed that those people like in my last example implied I was a crossdresser.

But it's really good to see that EF is not limiting and discriminating us transgendred furries from expressing our gender identities through how we dress and act. I think maybe it would be nice if you added that to the guide. Then there will be no confusion or basis for rumours :)
« Last Edit: 01.07.2015, 02:24:54 by SarahLynx »

kooriki

SarahLynx: Some answers can be found from staff in this thread here: https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php?topic=3910.0 - It seems being transgender is tolerated but attire is more of a grey area - If you're a passable TG you're probably fine, but if you look like a man in girls clothes maybe not. You are of course permitted to dress however you like in your own room.
« Last Edit: 01.07.2015, 04:14:36 by kooriki »

Dhary Montecore

I just read the EF's guide on Clothing and Decency after a group chat on mentioned earlier today. I'm happy to see that there is nothing there that discriminates against anyone transgendered. Never thought there were, but I read it now to see if it by any chance went passed me at earlier cons. I was curious.

I've heard a rumours from attendees earlier years that there were rules that limits us transgendered people to express ourselves. And people being unsure if it's alright. Things like, and I'm paraphrasing: "You're not allowed to wear that", "Are you not afraid security will throw you out for wearing that?", "Have you made sure you're allowed to crossdress at X con?" and similar. I never believed what they said though. I just let it pass.

Honestly rumours like those are just too stupid to be true. I just ignored them, and only got really annoyed that those people like in my last example implied I was a crossdresser.

But it's really good to see that EF is not limiting and discriminating us transgendred furries from expressing our gender identities through how we dress and act. I think maybe it would be nice if you added that to the guide. Then there will be no confusion or basis for rumours :)

Hi!

Of course we treat all attendees alike and we have no business with your physical or psychological gender. So far we haven't had any issues with transgendered attendees - we even had a security officer for many years who was transgender. :3

The post linked by kooriki is more aimed at cross-dressing attendees. There is a line between those too: I learned over the years that transgender or genderfluid people put a lot of thought into their attire and care a lot about how they come across. So as I said there weren't any issues yet. Attendees that cross-dress for fun step over the line of taste and decency sometimes though. While cross-dressing in public is a very seldom thing anyways such issues are even more rare. However, inappropriate clothing or outright distasteful attire is not acceptable in public from anyone. There is no difference between transgendered or not - the RoC treats all alike. :3
Pages: [1]   Go Up