Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Now that we're back home...  (Read 21362 times)

CodeCat

• The Flying Dutchfur
Now that we're back home...
« on: 09.09.2007, 17:31:14 »

This was my first con ever, and I had a wonderful time! At first it was really really weird being among furs for the first time, and it just sort of hits you. But once you get past the initial culture shock, it was absolutely awesome! So thanks to the EF staff, and of course all the congoers for making this an unforgettable experience. I'll definitely be coming again if I'm able to (and if it's closer... cause that drive was madness)!

Now, anyone else want to share their experiences?
Join #eurofurs on anthrochat.net! Everyone is welcome!

Red-Claw

Re: Now that we're back home...
« Reply #1 on: 09.09.2007, 18:33:26 »

Yeah ... I'm back home too. Time at EF ran out so fast =/

I did not had much time at EF, because I arrived on friday afternoon.
But the 2 days I had were amazing and so cool.
The sigs were nice, but my favourite shows were "Stage Fever" and Kage vs. 2 ^^

The pawpet show was good, too. But it wasn't easy to get a good view on it.
The two sidescreens would have helped, but I don't know if the cameras could have
captured the show in the correct perspective.

Oh ... and I was too shy to dance during the last night.
I didn't want to make an idiot out of me ... you know ... I can't dance at all ^^#

Thank you Cheetah and all the other furs to arrange this awesome event!
I'd love to be there next time again. The Ringberghotel in Suhl was a purrfect location
in my opinion. So it'd be cool if EF14 could take place there next year again :)

Congratulations, EF13 rocked ^^
« Last Edit: 09.09.2007, 18:40:33 by Red-Claw »

LeTigre

• *Mrrrr ... Meow*
« Reply #2 on: 09.09.2007, 19:13:52 »

*Mew*

Konu and myself are back too^^
The EF this year was even more than I had expected and right that what I had needed.
I was the hardest competition for our suits ... now we go on to the repairs XD

But it was a great fun and I'd liked to thank anybody who mad this con to what it was.

Special thanks go to

Riffuchs ... our most useful Orga and Photograph on my inofficial Fursuit group photo ... (I hope Somewolf doesn't kill me for this XD)
lizard (i guess it was him XD) ... for the "In front of"
Kazagh ... for his *ksst* and his special offers ... like my "Zwangsläufigkeit" and Mandewos "Doggenmoese" >.>
Black Wolf ... for his Balcony ;)
To Tani and Nightfox for lettin me be the most important part of their stage performance ;)
The Stage crew, especially Mystifur ... for their endless patience with our questions and suggestions.
To Fox Cubbold, Greskil and Shiinshu for this wonderful evening outside^^
To all this helping hands in the fursuit lounge who helped to put me together XD
To all who joined us in our Assicon-concert in the foyer ... I hope we didn't disturbed the others to much XD
To all the people on the "big blue dance"-Dancefloor who provided me with additional glowsticks 8).

And to all the Organisators, Technicans, Gophers and all who we forgot.

*Waiting for the next con* (You can never have enough of that)

LeTigre and Konu

P.S. ... Who the f*** is Vorderman???
"No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep"

Tiggger

« Reply #3 on: 09.09.2007, 22:55:40 »

Also back home,

Wanna thank everybody from the EF staff till the EF attendies for this great event.

It was my first con and i loved it!! Met so many people..
Next year i´ll be there for sure.

And for the UK´s  Voldermen!!!!!!^^

Greetings

Ferry

MrPaddy

« Reply #4 on: 10.09.2007, 00:07:10 »

Just got back myself, all in all a good time, met some new people, caught up with a few older London furs and I have faces to go with names now. I had a few qualms, but nothing to really detract from my enjoyment and I wouldn't want to rock the boat just after the first con. I tip my hat to the staff/organisers, I bought Cheetah a drink...mostly because he was the most recognisable, being that he's enourmous.

Sleep now...

CodeCat

• The Flying Dutchfur
« Reply #5 on: 10.09.2007, 01:17:31 »

I'm not much of a party person, so I mostly mooched around a bit or stayed in our room in between events. The events themselves were great though!

Eurofurence reservation: €160
Fuel costs: €100
Meals, etc: €50
Cheetah making a go for Kage's pants: priceless.

Also, I have a bunch of photos I took. None too fancy, but I was wondering if it's ok to post here?

Oddity

• Cheetah
    • Oddity@LJ
« Reply #6 on: 10.09.2007, 01:49:10 »

Also, I have a bunch of photos I took. None too fancy, but I was wondering if it's ok to post here?

Last year lots of photos ended up on the furcon.de website, maybe this would be a good idea this year too? Also, I'm sure Timduru is happy to accept photos for his fursuit (events etc.) gallery.

{GiGi}

« Reply #7 on: 10.09.2007, 02:26:30 »

I too have safely arrived home at 10pm. This was my first visit to EF and I must say it was awesome! No wait, it was even more than that, I'm not even sure if there's a word that can describe how great this was. Everyone did an amazing job, from staff to special guests, preformers, fursuiters, hotel staff, everyone. When I'm asked how it was, I don't really know what to say, since I find no propper words to express how I feel. You just had to be there to understand. I've met lots of new people, everyone very pleasant!
Took a couple of photos too, which will be uploaded shortly!
« Last Edit: 10.09.2007, 02:30:36 by {GiGi} »

Greldon

« Reply #8 on: 10.09.2007, 08:53:02 »

It was a wonderful time, indeed. And it passed by far too quick.
Well, sitting now at the office prevents me from falling into the famous "PCD" :-)

Shay (Wolly)

• Charity
  • Wruff!
« Reply #9 on: 10.09.2007, 11:52:04 »

This was my first Con ever.. my first time suiting amongst fellow fursuiters and well.. I LOVED IT!
It was great, not only were the people great, but the staffers too! Thanks so much to Cheetah and his crew for setting this great con up and filling it with stuff to do, stuff to watch and people to hug!

Who wants a cookie? :)
A big fat batch goes to my fellow Fursuiters and to two people that did a lot for me personally..
Mystifur for setting up the Stage Fever sketches.. you did an awesome job dude!.. I tip my hat to you..
And Tani DaReal for being so sweet to help out in our sketch and being so professional!

Woofs!
If you can't beat them... try beating them harder!

KryoMouse

« Reply #10 on: 10.09.2007, 13:13:56 »

The highs were extremely high, the lows were pretty damn low, but the con overall has been possibly the best experience of my life. Especially seven of us playing Guitar Hero, with one controller, crushed onto one bed. ^^;

And of course, *raises elbow* VORDERMAAAAAAN!

I've met some of the most beautiful people in the world at this con, and I love ya all.
« Last Edit: 10.09.2007, 13:17:06 by KryoMouse »

CodeCat

• The Flying Dutchfur
« Reply #11 on: 10.09.2007, 14:23:09 »

I must've missed something important, cause I have no idea what vorderman is...

KryoMouse

« Reply #12 on: 10.09.2007, 15:03:18 »

Fauho

• webvos
« Reply #13 on: 10.09.2007, 15:09:05 »

Now, anyone else want to share their experiences?

Same as yours codecat, was weird in the beginning, but once you get past that...WOW...what an experience  ;)
It began actually shortly before I arrived at the hotel, just about 200 meters from the hotel's driveway a fox was sitting on the side of the road that tuesday night, watching my car approaching, and it was only when I stopped right in front of him it gotten nervous and ran of to hide and spy fromout the shelter of the woods...
'Welcome to EF13' I thought with a grin looking at the pair of shiny eyes in my headlights watching my car fromout the forest.
Reading from different posts on this forum I figured that EF was gonna be one big party, wrong! It was so much more then that!
Gryphon was absolutely brilliant in his part about the anti-furs, I really laughed my heart out with that one... The pawpet show was so touchy by moments...
Met not many furs actually, but the ones I have met were so great, I really appreciate them and from my part they became VERY good friends in no time.
Learned a lot from different sigs, was nice to see the artists beyond their work, looking at Blotch's Yiff-art for example I figured that Blotch (like all other artists making that yiffy artwork) must have been some kind of frustrated perverted overaged computernerd, lightning struck me as I found out Blotch is actually two young girls! It was like someone pushing the reset button of my brain... (yeah I know I've been living in the 'common' world for too long)
Shortly, EF13 was quite a shock at first, but what an awesome shock it was  ;) This foxy wags his tail in excitement thinking on EF14.
« Last Edit: 10.09.2007, 15:14:15 by Fauho »

KrankesPapst

« Reply #14 on: 10.09.2007, 15:14:44 »

The EF was great.
My English is not so good. But this things i have to say:

Good Things:

1. The Fauna Projekt (really good Music hopefully the Music will be available at CD)
2. 2 vs Kage
2. the A.J.A Conzert ( at the beginning i was sceptically but it was great)
3. Furry Music Caffe
4. O´Wolfs Sig over Furs in the media (very Important Sig to Prevent bad news)
5. The Fox Fursuiter (sorry i don´t know the name) who danced behind Screen at the BBF Fur Dance
6. The Most People at the con

Bad Things:

1. Persons who want attention at any price (Der Typ mit der Baby Nukelflasche, This Frog suit thing,  the guy in the pink skirt) That throws a really bad light at the Fandome.
2. Fursuiter who running arround without an Head in Public.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up