Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apocalypse World RPG at EF21  (Read 19698 times)

Rishary

Re: Apocalypse World RPG at EF21
« Reply #15 on: 09.08.2015, 19:28:02 »

Also, should we read anything about the game/system or are you to give a short tutorial?

Zuki

• Go Team Zuki
« Reply #16 on: 09.08.2015, 20:28:40 »

Character generation is usually done at the table, but if you want an idea of the characters on offer here is a list - some of these I might not allow in play because they dont suit the adventure - usually when you play apocalypse world you design the scenario on the fly based on the characters people create, but it would be harder to do something on theme if we did that.

Actual play is pretty simple to learn and can happen at the table - the playbooks take you step by step thru how to create each character class.

Note that the playbooks are designed to be printed double sided and folded into 3 page books, so the order of things is a little weird on the pdf.

Basic playbooks and the basic character moves -
http://apocalypse-world.com/AW-basicplaybooks-legal.pdf

Limited edtion playbooks -
http://infinite-vertigo.net/medias/AWLE.pdf
Gargoyle in da house.

Rishary

« Reply #17 on: 14.08.2015, 22:42:36 »

Even though I can definitely play on 8pm on Wednesday, I won't be able to commit ahead of time to any other days. So if someone shows up and can, he should have the spot.

Zuki

• Go Team Zuki
« Reply #18 on: 14.08.2015, 22:44:30 »

I was intending for this to be a one shot adventure, and if too many players show up to maybe run it again another night but thats by no means certain, so I am not asking anyone to commit to more than a single session.
Gargoyle in da house.

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #19 on: 30.08.2015, 16:32:07 »

Hey guys, just a quick note about our gaming session: it was a blast!!! I did loads of pen and paper RPG in the past, but never a furry realated one, nor one in the setting we had. Thank you all for that fantastic experience, especially Zuki for guiding us through a world full of hive controlled zombieplant - thingies and nasty porcupine opponents, "Cruel" for his perfect-in-time sacrifice, our noble boss "Daragon" for his reasonable leadership, "Smaug" for collecting mushrooms at the most inept time but having a chainsaw ready when needed, and "Cortex" for constantly opening his and cutting other's brains.
I had a great time, and would love to have another session with all of you next year ;D

Take care, "Torx"

Zuki

• Go Team Zuki
« Reply #20 on: 30.08.2015, 18:03:59 »

Thanks! I had such a good time running the game for you guys you all brought something special to the table and played your characters really well! The game went on longer than I expected but it was still fun right to the end, was a real climactic battle and everyone made a great contribution to the game!

Hope we can play again sometime it would be great - have to come up with a game thats on theme for the 80s! :)

Gargoyle in da house.

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #21 on: 30.08.2015, 20:15:45 »

Thanks! I had such a good time running the game for you guys you all brought something special to the table and played your characters really well! The game went on longer than I expected but it was still fun right to the end, was a real climactic battle and everyone made a great contribution to the game!

Hope we can play again sometime it would be great - have to come up with a game thats on theme for the 80s! :)
Thank you mostly for running this game. It was awesome :-3
I have such memories from this.

Shall we try something like this again next year?

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #22 on: 30.08.2015, 21:27:05 »

Yesssss! Why not??
Huh, 80s hm?
- We could play be members of a punk band, travelling through the country trying to be on time for our next gig ;D
- Or a time travelling crew with a DeLorean DMC-12 ;)

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #23 on: 30.08.2015, 21:50:31 »

Yesssss! Why not??
Huh, 80s hm?
- We could play be members of a punk band, travelling through the country trying to be on time for our next gig ;D

Why not a mix of both?
It would be terrible like Kung Fury:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

But a punk band trying to save punk and need to travel back in time to learn the true meaning of punk and deliver the most epic show to safe their beloved genre from eletronic and hardstyle?

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #24 on: 30.08.2015, 22:27:59 »

Yesssss! Why not??
Huh, 80s hm?

Why not a mix of both?
It would be terrible like Kung Fury:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

But a punk band trying to save punk and need to travel back in time to learn the true meaning of punk and deliver the most epic show to safe their beloved genre from eletronic and hardstyle?

Sounds great! And for the final quest, we have to break in the rock museum to steal the "pick of destiny"  :D

Zuki

• Go Team Zuki
« Reply #25 on: 01.09.2015, 21:49:24 »

I do love the idea of running a Kung Fury inspired game with lots of over the top 80s cliches in it - ill have to have a good think about the right system for that. I can think of a few!

Also if you enjoyed Apocalypse world, the PDF is on sale along with a whole load of other games using the same system in the bundle of holding  right now - Only 8 dollars!

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Apocalypse
Gargoyle in da house.

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #26 on: 31.05.2016, 16:10:54 »

Hey guys, EF is getting closer - what about a new RPG plan??
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up