Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF 21 panel: 3d-printing for fursuits, puppets and figures  (Read 4945 times)

Tioh

• Pawpet Show
    • Tioh.de

I'm making 3d-models for fursuits, hand-puppets and other props for over two years now and I print them with my FlashForge Creator 3D-printer.
While doing that I've tried several materials and settings to get the best printing results. It was a long learning-process - with this panel I want to share my experiences.

I will cover most of the things that I listed here: http://tioh.livejournal.com/104887.html

This post is for questions that you would like me to answer during the panel - I have a lot of examples lying around, but I cannot bring everything to EF. So if there is a specific topic that interests you about 3d-printing tell me here.

German version:
Ich habe in den letzten zwei Jahren verschiedene 3D-Modelle für Props, Fursuit- und Handpuppen-Köpfe modelliert und auf meinem Flashborge Creator 3d-Drucker gedruckt.
Um die optimalen Druckergebnisse zu bekommen habe ich einige Materialien und Einstellungen ausprobiert. Es war ein längerer Lernprozess – in diesem Panel will ich meine Erfahrungen teilen.

Ich versuche vor allem die Themen abzudecken, die ich in diese Livejournal-Eintrag aufgelistet habe: http://tioh.livejournal.com/104677.html

Solltet Ihr spezifische Fragen zum Thema 3d-Drucken haben, so könnt ich diese gerne hier stellen - ich versuche dann passende Beispiele mitzubringen.

meo

Re: EF 21 panel: 3d-printing for fursuits, puppets and figures
« Reply #1 on: 29.07.2015, 00:02:54 »

Did you tried to make the teeth hollow and how do you determine where to put in holes (for saving material)? I would also be interested if you tried more realistic looking ones.

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
Re: EF 21 panel: 3d-printing for fursuits, puppets and figures
« Reply #2 on: 29.07.2015, 07:29:27 »

You end up using more material if you design things hollow as you have more solid shell/top/bottom.
If you want to safe material, use less infill percentage.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)
Pages: [1]   Go Up