Eurofurence Community > Fursuiters Forum

Information on mandatory fursuit badges and fursuit lounge access rules.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Blackymoon:
Thank you for the heads-up!
Looking forward how this goes :)
Will the counter for the fursuit-badges be in the same place like last year?

Mystifur:
Fursuit-Reg will be almost in the same place, next to normal Reg, yes.

Blackymoon:
Alrighty, thank you for the info :)

Chari:
Hi...
I did learn about that new strict entrance rules at the con now and have a question to ask for the staff...:

What excactly qualifies as a fursuit by rule?

For example:
I've got a full set of black clothes with my characters markings custom made (still a normal printed t-shirt, pants) as well as a hat of my characters head looking like this http://pre11.deviantart.net/4e77/th/pre/i/2012/011/3/1/charizard_hat_by_fireflytwinkletoes-d4m26dq.jpg

And what should I say... this year, I didn't get my fursuit badge any more cause you need to show a 'full' fursuit-head.

But I dont get this...
At the opening ceremony they claim to have the biggest area for fursuiters now with more than enough room and space for every suiter. But now you cant get in anymore if you dont have a full suit? I mean I even saw guys running around with a hoodie who got their fursuit badge, but not me? Sorry but I dont get this... there are still many people who have no costume or anything to represent their character or want to. Thats okay. But I do not see why you would ban people like me out of the suiters lounch.

Basil Lion:
Last month we asked all registered fursuiters to vote on the upcoming changes to the Fursuit-Lounge rules. Several hundred of them voted already within the first hours, and by the time the poll was over we had a very clear result. 76% of all votes call for the more strictly controlled lounge, mandatory fursuit badges and badge-checks. That is an impressive majority and a distinct mandate.

At the beginning of August new security rules were announced publicly.

Idea behind creating a Fursuit Lounge was to keep it for those who are really in need of it (referring to full or partial fursuits here), because it is really hard for them to go to the room to have a rest, change clothing, drink water, to provide them some privacy, etc. Many of them need help to suit/unsuit. Full suits pose real and substantial life danger to wearer in case of overheat or dehydration. It is important that all Fursuit Lounge services available to them at any time, quick and efficient.

Although you have a very nice and cute outfit - this does not pose any life danger to wearer. As for hoodies and such you might seen - my numerous friends have a full fursuit and a matching hoodie/kigurumi according or close to their character. So you might have seen them in fursuit lounge.

We do have enough space for a fursuiters, but please understand that it is clearly impossible to accommodate whole convention in a Fursuit Lounge. We would need a room twice a s big as of current Fursuit Lounge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version