Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Economic Impact  (Read 19584 times)

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
Re: Economic Impact
« Reply #15 on: 31.08.2015, 17:57:16 »

On topic though, I'd be curious about our impact to nearby supermarkets and food places.

The guy at the register of the E-Reichelt told me that they sold enormous amounts of alcohol that week, so yes: we are making an impact, albeit one that we shouldn't be too proud of.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Bostitch

« Reply #16 on: 01.09.2015, 08:03:35 »

The guy at the register of the E-Reichelt told me that they sold enormous amounts of alcohol that week, so yes: we are making an impact, albeit one that we shouldn't be too proud of.
All that alcohol, and how many fights broke out? How many counts of vandalism?
I think we're doing just fine.

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #17 on: 01.09.2015, 11:15:23 »

We certainly improved the business of King Doener.  ;D
Don't forget Louis
If the man survived us. He looked like he could collapse when we invaded the place.

But the waiters had fun. They asked us to stand up and show our tails, and (jokingly) scolded our group for not having enough fluffy tails.

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #18 on: 06.09.2015, 22:04:07 »

Three of us were at Louis Monday evening, probably the last ones. The waitress begged us that we'd place flyers at the hotel and instruct people to order when they started their walk there, and reserve a table. They were apparently totally flooded :)
Perhaps they should hire a waiter which they position directly at the hotel for this. Like the local bank placed their mobile money dispenser "Zaster Laster" next to the front door (which, btw, I think was a really cool thing)

Economic impact, indeed I think we're quite an impressive group from where we came from, but being in the capital of one of Europes wealthiest nations, with the Estrel alone having events like ours (at least in size) on a regular basis - I doubt that we'll make a noticeable impact on the financial side. Though I sure hope we do on the "bringing fun and joy to the people" side :)

*purrrr*

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #19 on: 06.09.2015, 22:21:30 »

Economic impact, indeed I think we're quite an impressive group from where we came from, but being in the capital of one of Europes wealthiest nations, with the Estrel alone having events like ours (at least in size) on a regular basis - I doubt that we'll make a noticeable impact on the financial side.

Though most other (business) conventions and events book full catering and their attendees rarely leave the location. Especially considering the notorious neighbourhood and the many choices of the excellent Estrel gastronomy. I'm sure we're leaving a recognizable footprint in Neukölln. Obviously, looking at Berlin at large, our economic impact is very small.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #20 on: 10.09.2015, 12:53:47 »

Do you recon the local neighbourhood will liven up in any noticeable way because of our influence?

Both the hotel and local business will probably see a peak in income in that period.
This will probably translate to available local funds.
The question if it will make any change for those people and businesses.

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #21 on: 12.09.2015, 08:58:04 »

Do you recon the local neighbourhood will liven up in any noticeable way because of our influence?
Probably not, because it's just one week of the year.

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #22 on: 13.09.2015, 23:19:18 »

That's a way to look at it, but don't we shove a metric shit ton of money their way, in that short time span?
Maybe I'm just to optimistic...

Ralesk

« Reply #23 on: 13.09.2015, 23:39:44 »

Heh, so is AC, you know :)
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #24 on: 13.09.2015, 23:41:40 »

Maybe I'm just to optimistic...
Maybe, and maybe you're right. Though I'd think you underestimate the amount of money commercial events cost and how many of those are happening year-round in a capital city.
I'd guess we're more shifting our money to small business owners (especially restaurants) and not the other big companies.

*purrrr*

Ragear

• Pawpet Show
  • Ragear the Lion
« Reply #25 on: 14.09.2015, 00:16:23 »

Heh, so is AC, you know :)
Pittsburgh is dead as mutton on a weekend ... without AC anyway. This is not so true for Berlin ... there's always something up.

Ragear
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up