Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 80's Dance at the Eurofurence 21. An Reflection.  (Read 51396 times)

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
    • Twillight (perfoIllusion) on YouTube
Re: 80's Dance at the Eurofurence 21. An Reflection.
« Reply #15 on: 03.09.2015, 21:41:55 »

- One final thing: the bass... whoever decided it was a good idea to have the bass speakers under the stage... that vinyl players were going to be sitting on... well... heh... no

I'm replying because I talked to Garra while it was happening :) Placing the subwoofers in front of the stage or partly under the stage is pretty standard, and there is not really a different viable position for subwoofers. However, nobody really knew that turntables were going to be used. So the solution for next time is to thing of renting isolation mats:

Gute Idee, Cheetah.
Bin gespannt wieviel Resonanzvibrationen diese Matten  schlucken.

Ich scheine der einzigste zu sein, der Erfahrung mit Vinyl hat.
Mein Technics hat echt das meiste geschluckt, aber bei den Vibrationen des Bodens  (unsere Füße wurden sehr stark Massiert ;) ) mußte auch er hart kämpfen, und wir mußten den Baß runter ziehen.

Man hätte mich mit meinen Vinyls, einfach neben der Bühne auf einen kleinen stabilen Extra-Tisch plazieren sollen, ich schätze dann hätten wir keine Probleme gehabt.

Denn der Saalboden vibrierte wesentlich weniger als der Bühnenboden.

Aber nun gut, es hat den Leuten ja auch mit weniger Bass gefallen.

Hatte nicht jemand auf der EF 18  auch Tunrntables dabei?

Good idea, Cheetah.
I'm curious how much resonance vibrations swallow these mats.

I seem to be the only one who has experience with vinyl has.
My Technics has really swallowed most, but when the vibrations of the ground (our feet were heavily massaged;)) he also had to fight hard, and we had to pull the bass down.

One would have me placing my vinyls, just next to the stage on a small stable extra-table, I guess we would have had no problems.

Because the hall floor vibrated substantially less than the stage floor.

But well, it has the people like so well with less bass.

Had not someone on the EF 18 also Tunrntables here?
Die Deutschen müssen mein Englisch nicht verstehen können, oder schön finden.  Es reicht wenn sie mein Deutsch verstehen. Wichtiger ist es das englisch sprachige Leute mein Englisch verstehen, auch wenn es nicht gut ist.

CleanerWolf

• Camera Crew
  • Video Team
  • Lupine furry freak
« Reply #16 on: 10.09.2015, 00:24:36 »

Please bring those inflatable props back next year, everybody loved them  ;D

Furry conventions are like light bubbles in a dark ocean.

Blue Raptor

« Reply #17 on: 20.09.2015, 12:09:17 »

It was really cool and very useable.
Just to make it even better: Please try to play the original / well-known versions of the songs. Some of the songs (likely because there was no time to listen into every song) were strange remixes / remakes or alternate versions where the singing parts suddenly disappeared, or looped or went off-pace, and I am very convinced that while likely few non-Germans know the German text of Peter Schillings Major Tom, virtually NOBODY knew the ENGLISH version. :)

Aside from that, very cool thing, it rocked.
Rah, I say.

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
« Reply #18 on: 01.10.2015, 17:35:19 »

Shall i come back with my Vinyls and of course original Versions of the 80'th Songs on EF22?
« Last Edit: 01.10.2015, 17:44:10 by Twillight »
Die Deutschen müssen mein Englisch nicht verstehen können, oder schön finden.  Es reicht wenn sie mein Deutsch verstehen. Wichtiger ist es das englisch sprachige Leute mein Englisch verstehen, auch wenn es nicht gut ist.

Arctic Steve

« Reply #19 on: 06.10.2015, 14:53:20 »

Was fun and entertaining watching the 80's dance on EF Prime. Awesome tunes and I shall be watching it again next year ^^

CleanerWolf

• Camera Crew
  • Video Team
  • Lupine furry freak
« Reply #20 on: 06.10.2015, 19:17:02 »

@Twillight:
Definately yes!

@Arctic Steve:
You should not only watch it, you should join it!  ;)
Furry conventions are like light bubbles in a dark ocean.

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #21 on: 06.10.2015, 23:21:28 »

Shall i come back with my Vinyls and of course original Versions of the 80'th Songs on EF22?
Back to the 80s with 80s songs. PERFECT!  ;D
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3

Arctic Steve

« Reply #22 on: 07.10.2015, 09:18:08 »

@Arctic Steve:
You should not only watch it, you should join it!  ;)

I would offer more vinyl for use but getting them there from the UK is a challenge without driving!

Kristofferson

« Reply #23 on: 07.10.2015, 18:02:27 »

Yes, please return. I enjoyed it a lot  :)

Grael Dragon

« Reply #24 on: 17.10.2015, 07:32:00 »

It was really cool and very useable.
Just to make it even better: Please try to play the original / well-known versions of the songs. Some of the songs (likely because there was no time to listen into every song) were strange remixes / remakes or alternate versions where the singing parts suddenly disappeared, or looped or went off-pace, and I am very convinced that while likely few non-Germans know the German text of Peter Schillings Major Tom, virtually NOBODY knew the ENGLISH version. :)

Aside from that, very cool thing, it rocked.

I knew the words. ;)

As a side note, is there a play list available from the 80's dance? There were tons of songs that I quite liked, but have never heard over here in Canada, and I'd love to find out the names!

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #25 on: 20.10.2015, 05:58:24 »

- One final thing: the bass... whoever decided it was a good idea to have the bass speakers under the stage... that vinyl players were going to be sitting on... well... heh... no

I'm replying because I talked to Garra while it was happening :) Placing the subwoofers in front of the stage or partly under the stage is pretty standard, and there is not really a different viable position for subwoofers. However, nobody really knew that turntables were going to be used.

I said I was going to do so. However, the vibrations were THAT bad during my set.... worse than anything I had seen before. So bad I was happy I didn't bother even bringing any lights to the dance. Vibrations so bad that they threaten to tilt over bottles of beer? Nope, this is not standard, and even with the regular setup having the subs below the stage, something WAS wrong here. Don't get me wrong, it was truely epic, but... next year, please let me play vinyl again, too. :>

Think I am exaggerating? Think again, and figure out if you'd put ANYTHING fragile there, like a laptop with a mechanical harddrive.... or a $5000 camera.

https://vimeo.com/142965593

Guys, this is NOT normal, this is destructive.
« Last Edit: 20.10.2015, 06:06:35 by BigBlueFox »
Official Something

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 20.10.2015, 09:07:34 »

Woah :)
yours,

Cheetah

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
« Reply #27 on: 04.11.2015, 00:13:14 »

I'm replying because I talked to Garra while it was happening :) Placing the subwoofers in front of the stage or partly under the stage is pretty standard, and there is not really a different viable position for subwoofers. However, nobody really knew that turntables were going to be used.

I said I was going to do so. However, the vibrations were THAT bad during my set.... worse than anything I had seen before. So bad I was happy I didn't bother even bringing any lights to the dance. Vibrations so bad that they threaten to tilt over bottles of beer? Nope, this is not standard, and even with the regular setup having the subs below the stage, something WAS wrong here. Don't get me wrong, it was truely epic, but... next year, please let me play vinyl again, too. :>

Think I am exaggerating? Think again, and figure out if you'd put ANYTHING fragile there, like a laptop with a mechanical harddrive.... or a $5000 camera.

https://vimeo.com/142965593

Guys, this is NOT normal, this is destructive.

What BigBlueFox says I can confirm 100%.

As for my part, so I have to rely on the judgment of the locally available, man on the main console. I had indeed first on the local customs adjust, since I was a volunteer. Otherwise I would not have gone with my turntable on the stage, but would put me somewhere next to it towards. But it was too late as we could as yet do something, so we have, as best he could, thus arranged. The Reloop Turntable of Matt, but could be, not at all used for the bass, and the feet of my Technics have though about 95% of the vibrations of the stage floor (we had a free foot massage) can swallow, but had to when Vinylis off were, the bass are taken back a little.

But I think that you can only learn from your mistakes, and next time it will work better.

Was BigBlueFox sagt kann ich zu 100% bestätigen.  

Was meinen Teil betrifft, so habe ich mich auf das Urteilsvermögen des vor Ort vorhandenen, Menschen am Hauptmischpult, verlassen. Ich musste mich ja auch erstmal auf die gepflogenheiten vor Ort einstellen, da ich ja Volunteer war. Sonst wäre ich, mit meinem Turntable nicht auf die Bühne gegangen, sondern hätte mich irgendwo daneben hin gestellt.  Aber es war zu spät als das wir da noch was machen konnten, also haben wir uns, so gut es ging, damit arrangiert.  Der Reloop-Turntable von Matt, konnte aber wegen des Basses, garnicht benutzt werden, und die Füße meines Technics haben zwar zu 95% die Vibrationen des Bühnenbodens (wir hatten eine gratis Fuss-Massage) schlucken können, aber dennoch musste, wenn Vinylis dran waren, der Bass etwas zurück genommen werden.

Aber ich denke das man aus Fehlern nur lernen kann, und nächstes Mal klappt es besser.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 06.11.2015, 21:58:37 »

Tja, manchmal weiß man es hinterher. Die Subwoofer hatten wir auch letztes Jahr schon unter der Bühne - da hat es keine Probleme verursacht. Man kann vieles im Voraus berechnen, aber nicht was wo welche Resonanzen verursacht. Sollte das Bühnensetup nächstes Jahr ähnlich ausfallen werden wir das Problem im Hinterkopf behalten und mit Michi drüber reden was man da vielleicht machen kann.
yours,

Cheetah

MafunDi

• Stage Tech
  • Stage Team
    • Pirate FurRadio
« Reply #29 on: 11.11.2015, 13:18:14 »

The dance was really much fun to me, I am happy so many DJs volunteered and we got a good show running. Also I was happy with garra for lowering the bass every time he recognizes vinyl happening :3
The subwoofer was really crazy ( but sounded great nontheless :3 ). I hope we can get this event running again next year, too - its perfectly theme fitting :3
For the turntables, we discussed freefloat turntable stablisizers like http://www.vinylengine.com/images/forum/floater.jpg . These I guess would work great, just give some odd feeling for the DJs - still better than jumping needles I think :3

Special and many thanks to everyone participating and making this event such a blast and thanks for bringing all the props, too :3
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up