Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Daily EF Feedback? (EF21)  (Read 14310 times)

Luxen

• The Daily Eurofurence
    • Furry.ch - das Schweizer Furry Portal
Daily EF Feedback? (EF21)
« on: 26.08.2015, 20:05:21 »

Dear attendees

We were very happy that again, many of you read and collected copies of our humble newsletter. Watching 1000 copies disappear every day within a few hours made the sometimes long and late hours at the newsroom really feel worthwhile.

Still, we'd like to learn and improve. So please feel welcome to leave any kind of feedback about the Daily EF in this thread.

Anything you particularly liked?
Anything that really got on your nerves?
Anything that we missed writing about and definitely should cover next time? :3

By the way, if you missed a copy or if you'd simply like to have digital versions, PDFs of all Daily issues ever printed are online at http://www.eurofurence.org/EF21/daily.
The Daily Eurofurence:
Now all issues available at www.eurofurence.org/EF22/daily

Sheena-Tiger

• Convention Security Operative
    • Sheena-Tiger spielt! (German YT-LP)
Re: Daily EF Feedback? (EF21)
« Reply #1 on: 26.08.2015, 21:39:21 »

I already picked my digital copies up since I missed halve the convention and was far to busy to worry about getting the whole set on site.
Thanks to the closing I learned where to get them \o/

meo

« Reply #2 on: 26.08.2015, 22:04:12 »

The Daily EF is for me some kind of morning lecture on consite. having breakfast and reading the new Issue really brings some good mood. The only suggestion i would have is that some Standees are very fast emptied while other aren't recognized. For example the one next to the Dealers Den was always full when I needed another Issue while the one in the Lobby got raided 10 minutes after every new restocking. Please fill the lobby more often or take less to the Dealers Den but more to the Lobby if you are at the Printing limits.

kovu

• Fursuit Photoshooting
« Reply #3 on: 27.08.2015, 00:18:55 »

i really enjoyed reading the daily eurofurence and i have no idea about how it could be improved. so keep up the great work.

i just want to mention one article i really, really enjoyed. it was "Endangered Species?" from Akeela. Akeela, this article is a masterpiece.

kovu

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #4 on: 27.08.2015, 08:13:13 »

I liked the articles.

What I didn't like this year was the comics. Fursuit sex in public and bomb vests are just not my kind of humour.

mathew.jeffries

• DJ NRJAY mixpage
« Reply #5 on: 27.08.2015, 21:20:59 »

Read the Daily EF .. well.. daily - and really enjoyed it!
As you cannot attend absolutely everything, it was really nice to see what was going on and also enjoyed the cartoons, even if they had borderline-black-humor this time (which I like, but probably doesn't go for everyone).

Now, one article that stood out was the "Endangered Species" one. While I understand Daily EF is mostly keeping people entertained and informed, having one small article that is not "mainstreamed" was definitely nice!

So, thank you for all the work, it really made a difference :)
Fresh mixes at: https://hearthis.at/nrjay/
Talk to me on Skype: mathew.jeffries - profile link: http://is.gd/dI9hM9

Schneelocke

« Reply #6 on: 28.08.2015, 12:32:34 »

Really liked it. The Daily's perfect for reading while you're having breakfast, catching up on events you may have missed (especially smaller ones), the timetable for the day's useful, and the comics always make me grin. As did Akeela's "Endangered Species" on how unfair it was that fursuiters got preferential access to elevators or that non-suiters couldn't go into the headless lounge -- you almost had me there for a moment! ;D

If I had to suggest one thing, I'd say hire a native English speaker to go over the articles. Some got a bit creative, language-wise.

Oh, and http://daily.eurofurence.org is lagging behind http://www.eurofurence.org/EF21/daily - might be an idea to merge those two pages so you don't have to maintain both.

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #7 on: 28.08.2015, 21:45:59 »

The "Jumpy's family" issue* totally made my day, and I wanted to thank you for it so much :)

*Tabalon and me on the back in two separate articles, my niece and my sister's husband on the inside.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Langohr

« Reply #8 on: 29.08.2015, 20:34:48 »

The Daily-EF team did a great job, as always.

I escpecially liked the article “Serious about Bringing Joy” and the commentary “Endangered Species” in connection (even if I think Akeela’s criticism was exaggerated). Both covered the relation of fursuiting and furry fandom and the non-identity of the two, but from different angles: Not every furry is a fursuiter, but there are also fursuiters who are no furries.  :)

rajak

« Reply #9 on: 29.08.2015, 23:53:58 »

didn´t got any of the newspaper :/ never saw any of the copys^^

karpour

• Charity
  • Roo!
    • ohnitsch
« Reply #10 on: 31.08.2015, 20:11:40 »

Daily EF was great as usual! I also liked the 2am-delivery of the current issue to the artist lounge!
Sadly on Sunday, I failed to get an issue! The standees were empty and the stacks in conops also only had all other issues with the Sunday one nowhere to be found!
I liked most articles, the only one that felt strange was Akeela's article on fursuiters. While I assume that the article was meant to fuel a discussion, it seemed very cynical.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work again, I look forward to reading more next EF! :D

Luxen

• The Daily Eurofurence
    • Furry.ch - das Schweizer Furry Portal
« Reply #11 on: 01.09.2015, 20:45:22 »

Thanks a lot for all the feedback! More is still welcome; I'm just replying to some points.

Distribution: As the standee in the lobby ran empty rather fast, we'll have to think of a way to improve that... bigger baskets, an additional standee or shorter filling intervals.

Missed copies: We'll see if we can set up a place where there's always a stock of the "old" papers too. Most likely at or near the ConOps office as that is publicly accessible and they're basically our neighbours. Also, we'll just print more than 1000 copies next year.

"Endangered Species": We got lots of feedback on that one, mostly positive. It seems like it sparked some fruitful discussions, which I believe is what the author intended. We were pleasantly surprised how well-read even longish articles without pictures turned out to be. Thanks for that!

The "Jumpy family issue": We're very happy to have brightened your day! (And let me assure you, I had nothing to do with picking the images  ;) )

Geting more native speakers: I also agree that we could profit from having one or more native speakers on the team. We try every year, but motivated writers hard to come by. If you know one that might be interested, by all means let me know!
The Daily Eurofurence:
Now all issues available at www.eurofurence.org/EF22/daily

Angus

• The Daily Eurofurence Photographer
  • The Daily Eurofurence
    • [FA]
« Reply #12 on: 01.09.2015, 23:36:06 »

Sadly on Sunday, I failed to get an issue! The standees were empty and the stacks in conops also only had all other issues with the Sunday one nowhere to be found!
Yeah, we ran out of yellow toner much faster than we thought. So we were some 300 copies short on the Sunday issue. (I printed a few hundred black-and-white copies to somewhat compensate for that. I know it's not the same. But it was all I could do at that point.) We are sorry for that.

Angus

• The Daily Eurofurence Photographer
  • The Daily Eurofurence
    • [FA]
« Reply #13 on: 01.09.2015, 23:48:14 »

didn´t got any of the newspaper :/ never saw any of the copys^^

That's kind of strange. We had two standees for distributing the copies. One was in the main lobby opposite of the charity booth. The other one was at the convention center at the top of the main staircase leading to the lower level. Apart from the morning rush-hour you should have been able to fetch them there...

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #14 on: 06.09.2015, 23:22:34 »

The Daily grew into a cheerished tradition of Eurofurence. This year I didn't manage to read it daily (though I tried to at least snag one issue for each day, for collectors purposes), but I did in the last years.

I do enjoy the articles, the fotos, and the mere fact that it exists. The Furry Fandom for me is a separate world, in which I live in short time intervals between my regular life, and having our own newpaper, discussing our very own topics and events, helps bring this world to live and fill me with joy.

I also applaud the active distribution. I have to admit, I did rarely notice the standees where to grab them this year. But I remember a "paper boy" running around during breakfast, handing out freshly printed copies to everyone raising their paw. I really liked that :)

What about hanging out one exemplar each day for public viewing e.g. at one of the glass doors leading to the Conops office? Like at real newspaper offices they often have their current issue on display.

*purrrrrr*
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up