Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stage Crew is looking for Light Jockeys at EF2015  (Read 13073 times)

Hohtis

• Party animal. Literally.
    • FA
Re: Stage Crew is looking for Light Jockeys at EF2015
« Reply #15 on: 19.08.2015, 23:11:32 »

You didn't tell us where to go so I'll be waiting near the stage door @-@
(As this is my first EF, I have no idea where to head)

Edit; < I will be on my way..>
« Last Edit: 19.08.2015, 23:49:48 by Hohtis »

Basil Lion

• Fursuit support
    • WUFF
« Reply #16 on: 26.08.2015, 16:45:07 »

First of all I want to thank Jaryic, Mafundi, Garra, Isaak, Djem and others for all the time and effort spent on teaching us. :) This was a very intensive and valuable experience for me. I was annoying almost everyone of you with my beginner questions, while you were utterly busy, but you still managed to find time to answer them. Guys, you rock! Thank you!

will we all get on-the-fly teaching or will there be a short beforehand altogether training?
It's gonna be on the fly.
That's why we allways have on of our seniors teamed up with you.

I was able to learn some concepts and a little bit of light desk. I even managed to do my shift almost fully (with a help of senior staff) but still have some constructive feedback about on-the-fly learning procedure... it just was not working as expected:

1) It is simply impossible to communicate with senior engineer due to overly load music (which is expected on a dance floor, but was not taken into consideration for on-the-fly learning) Without voice-over on what's going on and what senior is doing - it is close to impossible to understand what's he doing. Looks like a mess of switches, buttons, screens and configs for me. I'd suggest to make a short briefing for ALL juniors to get basics on light concepts, maybe even desk setup & management. Or even a full 1 hour event on LJing. So it would be much easier for juniors to catch up on the fly.

2) Priority is ALWAYS given to the actual light show, than to teaching junior, letting him make mistakes or do the show uneventful (less interesting than a professional LJ can do). This happened to CheetahPaw, who was practically sitting and doing nothing whole shift due to some kind of problems with light desk configuration/setup. I'm not sure if that could be avoided completely, troubles do tend to happen unexpectedly, but it would be nice to have all setups ready and checked before the show. And there should be a way to export/import config to a flash drive just in case setup dies or corrupts during the show. So there should be a backup plan (Big Red Button) to recover all setup in case something goes wrong.

3) No feedback given. So I suggest to do a post-show meeting next day & collect feedback (senior->junior) to discuss improvement plan of juniors, point out mistakes and strong points, etc.

I'd love to participate in such event in the future :)
And thank you all for making it possible. Light shows this year were a blast! :3
« Last Edit: 26.08.2015, 16:47:19 by Basil Lion »
[skype: basil_lion] [telegram: basil_lion] [twitter: basil_lion]

Hohtis

• Party animal. Literally.
    • FA
« Reply #17 on: 30.08.2015, 16:12:57 »

Ahaha, I feel so stupid after this!
Well, the most important thing was that there was no trouble in me missing.

The lights were very gorgeous though! Good job everyone.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up