Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: unable to book a hotel room?  (Read 21142 times)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: unable to book a hotel room?
« Reply #15 on: 10.01.2016, 19:37:27 »

I do NOT have any up to date information about hotel capacities ... the estrel is still busy sorting out reservations. However, looking at the number of total registrations we got during this first weekend, it is a pretty safe bet, that rooms will be gone at SOME point.

So, I thought it might be a good idea to bring this thread back to mind, which lists some pretty good alternatives if you fail to get a space at the main hotel.

Also, it is worth trying external booking portals ... they have a separate room block that we do not have access to, and sometimes they have pretty good deals, too. Be very sure to compare prices and terms of service, though. Like, make sure they can't re-book you to a different hotel, for example.
yours,

Cheetah

Deyja

« Reply #16 on: 10.01.2016, 19:58:05 »

i just now received an email confirming my reservation ^^
i guess the online registration was disabled due to overflow and they're playing catch up right now.

just in time too, i was allready looking up the possibility to reserve at http://www.park-hotel-blub.de/ instead  :P

thank you, everyone who commented thus far
and succes to everyone who hasn't been able to aquire a room yet.

i'll see you all at the convention ^^ (or maybe on another topic ;) )
i'm not crazy, my perception of reality just differs from yours

Lizeron

« Reply #17 on: 11.01.2016, 00:31:05 »

Cheetah, could we have an update on what's going on with the rooms? I honestly am amazed that all 800 rooms are booked in less than a single day. Its quite a great setback!

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 11.01.2016, 00:34:50 »

Cheetah, could we have an update on what's going on with the rooms? I honestly am amazed that all 800 rooms are booked in less than a single day. Its quite a great setback!

Well, over 2000 people signed up on the first day ... you can do the math yourself :)
yours,

Cheetah

SiranaJHelena

• Sirana J. Helena on Weasyl
« Reply #19 on: 11.01.2016, 14:44:22 »

There are probably plenty of reservations for Double Rooms that are only reserved for one person (because that's basically what you get if you book a Single Room).
If you don't have a room, I'd advice you to go to that board: https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

If you have a room but no roommate yet, I'd advice you doing the same. There are a lot of very nice furries out there still looking for a place in the Estrel. :)
I'm in ur quantm box... maybe...

FluffyDog

« Reply #20 on: 11.01.2016, 15:18:42 »

We are three Furrys in one Room more goes not. :)
Sorry we would very like to help you but the Room is Full.

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #21 on: 11.01.2016, 16:52:35 »

Just got a rejection letter. Their website is now showing all con dates booked. The hotel is currently fully booked.

Hopefully some will cancel their reservations as they start to double up.

Remix

« Reply #22 on: 11.01.2016, 17:24:07 »

I sent them an email like 2 minutes after registration was done which was on Saturday at 20:05. I hardly got an answer and they needed extra info to confirm my room. However, two days later I have called them, I emailed them multiple times and my room still isn't confirmed. I personally find it ridicilious that people that DO own a credit card have priority just because it's faster and easier -___-" And now I see the above post that the hotel is booked full already.... That is just great. So now I guess I'll have to look for a different hotel, put myself on the waiting list and wait for any response from the Estrel at all

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #23 on: 11.01.2016, 17:44:08 »

Just got the following from the Hotel:
Thank you for your kind booking request and your interest at the Estrel Hotel Berlin.

With regrets we herewith need to inform you that we are unable to confirm your booking request for Eurofurence 2016.
The Eurofurence allocation as well as the complete hotel are fully booked in all room categories meanwhile.

As a result of the high room booking requests our waiting list is also completely sold and closed.

We kindly ask for your understanding. Thank you.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but they do understand the purpose of a waiting list don't they? It seems a bit premature to declare that there will be no more room cancellations, and thus no more point to a waiting list.

Can someone on the staff PLEASE check whether they mean they've closed it to further application, or they've just junked it, assuming they no longer need it?
« Last Edit: 11.01.2016, 17:48:17 by ANTIcarrot »

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 11.01.2016, 17:48:23 »

I suppose they know what they are doing. I wish though they would tell US about it, so I can make sure it's coherent with our communication.
yours,

Cheetah

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: 11.01.2016, 18:12:35 »

Okay, just got the update from the Estrel. All rooms are gone, and the waiting list is already so long it does not make any sense to add more people to it, as they do not expect so many rooms ever becoming available through cancellations.

Time to check your overflow options.
yours,

Cheetah

Ralesk

« Reply #26 on: 11.01.2016, 18:40:20 »

Okay, just got the update from the Estrel. All rooms are gone, and the waiting list is already so long it does not make any sense to add more people to it, as they do not expect so many rooms ever becoming available through cancellations.

Time to check your overflow options.

How on Earth though... with 2100 attendees for <2250 beds ???
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Santa fox

« Reply #27 on: 11.01.2016, 18:52:22 »

Surprising all rooms went that fast :o truly a testament to the growth of Eurofurence, though. Anyone happen to know if Super Early arrival is also fully booked? Or is it only the period Early arrival - Late departure that's full?

As for rooms disappearing so fast, have a feeling it's people booked in single rooms.

FinnOWolf

« Reply #28 on: 11.01.2016, 20:13:06 »

As for rooms disappearing so fast, have a feeling it's people booked in single rooms.

Very probable, as people wish to ensure an accommodation for themselves.

It would be interesting to get more precise data over the amount of registrations / time. Because this was totally surprising issue since the rooms did not end so fast last year.

Zr4g0n

« Reply #29 on: 11.01.2016, 20:43:40 »

More than anything, I'd like to just get my number in the waiting-list, and if possible, how many rooms were opened up last year. If I'm nr 400 on the list, I'm not even gonna wait, and just book somewhere else right now. If I'm nr 4 on the list, I'm gonna wait. However, with no information at all, I can't make an informed choice.

As for the future, perhaps prioritize 2+ reservations over single rooms? I know that for The Gathering (computer-LAN-event thing) you have to first register a user then link together users into a group before you can even buy tickets. I don't know if this could be interesting or even useful for EF, but perhaps that would lighten the load on everyone?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up