Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amateur (Ham) Radio?  (Read 36752 times)

A. Rakiri

Re: Amateur (Ham) Radio?
« Reply #30 on: 25.02.2016, 22:59:46 »

Oh! Count me in!
I'll have a cheap-n-cheerful Baofeng UV5R with me and a Wouxun KG-UV950 in the car.
Hoping to have a few chats when Im there, but a meetup would be good!
73s
Meeko
M0FVD

Awesome :3 Would be nice to have you on board! :3

I hope i can encourage others to count themselves in!

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #31 on: 02.04.2016, 12:00:01 »

Regarding EF22, I've written to the Events team to block a timetable slot so that interested furs can have a meet&greet during the con. I've made it a bit broader than "just" ham radio, but rather radio in general (hey, anyone still doing CB? XD).
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

SuburbanFox

« Reply #32 on: 05.04.2016, 23:53:16 »

I will bring my handheld with me and be QRV on 145.500 :3

If I've got my M0 in time (or have secured a reciprocal licence through BNetzA... I need to ask if the 7-day licences are still available, the 70 Euros charge for a 3-month one hardly seems worth it!) I might bring mine along.

I'll pop along to the meet-up, whether I've got the radio or not -- I'm sure you can wrangle some discussion out of me about Datatrak, LF radio, POCSAG and any one of a dozen other things!

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
« Reply #33 on: 03.06.2016, 11:28:23 »

Alas, as the con is drawing closer, some relevant information for those coming from abroad.

Germany 2m band plan - http://www.darc.de/fileadmin/_migrated/content_uploads/VHF_Bandplan_2_m_Juni_2014.pdf
Germany 70cm band plan - http://www.darc.de/fileadmin/_migrated/content_uploads/UHF_Bandplan_70_cm_Juli_2015.pdf

Remember your call sign prefix will be DL/ or DO/ depending on your CEPT class.

And a list of Berlin repeaters - http://www.darc.de/der-club/distrikte/d/automatische-stationen-in-und-um-berlin/
DBØBRL and DBØBLO look close enough to be workable even with the cheapest of Chinese transmitters. :D

I'll bring some Chinese FM and DMR clunker HTs, maybe cobble together a RTL-SDR setup for the mere purpose of showing off as well.

73!
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

AkiFox

« Reply #34 on: 21.07.2016, 12:28:15 »

I'll bring my Yaesu FT817ND ham radio with portable short wave / vhf antennas with me. The gain of it is quite bad but it's maybe good enough to make some nice trans-european QSOs :) At least you can listen with it :P

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
« Reply #35 on: 04.08.2016, 12:51:14 »

The meet and greet will be taking place, unless otherwise posted,

Friday, 12:00-13:30

Room Nizza

(that's the one out in the sticks, at the tip of the hotel in Wing 1)

And because the standard US con frequency 446.1 is out-of-band over here, I've spontaneously decided that the at-con ham frequency shall be 433.45 MHz (that is LPD channel 16 or UHF channel 276 if you're extremely old-fashioned).

See you there, I hope.  ;D

A. Rakiri

« Reply #36 on: 14.08.2016, 11:05:53 »

I'll bring my Yaesu FT817ND ham radio with portable short wave / vhf antennas with me. The gain of it is quite bad but it's maybe good enough to make some nice trans-european QSOs :) At least you can listen with it :P

Yay! Someone is bringing a HF radio! :3 If only someone brought a HF radio with more power....like an FT-857?

Plus a nice HF vertical would do, say like working on 40m and 20m?

As you are in Germany, maybe for Eurofurence you could get an Special Event callsign for Eurofurence and we can set up a Amateur Radio station outside somewhere and etc? :3

A. Rakiri

« Reply #37 on: 14.08.2016, 11:24:42 »

The meet and greet will be taking place, unless otherwise posted,

Friday, 12:00-13:30

Room Nizza

(that's the one out in the sticks, at the tip of the hotel in Wing 1)

And because the standard US con frequency 446.1 is out-of-band over here, I've spontaneously decided that the at-con ham frequency shall be 433.45 MHz (that is LPD channel 16 or UHF channel 276 if you're extremely old-fashioned).

See you there, I hope.  ;D

Yeah i shall be there :3 but it's clashing with the fursuit photoshoot and i'll be at that. as soon as it is over i will go to the radio furs meet :3

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
« Reply #38 on: 28.08.2016, 05:23:12 »

Thanks everybody who showed up - I didn't expect a turnout that high, and sorry I was an hour late  ::)

I think for a first-time roundtable this went rather nice, and we can repeat that next year.

..though I still don't get what was so funny about a telescoping antenna.  :D

A. Rakiri

« Reply #39 on: 31.08.2016, 12:21:02 »

Thanks everybody who showed up - I didn't expect a turnout that high, and sorry I was an hour late  ::)

I think for a first-time roundtable this went rather nice, and we can repeat that next year.

..though I still don't get what was so funny about a telescoping antenna.  :D

No problem!

It was the best Radio meet at EF ever! The turnout was the biggest I've ever seen.

I hope next year i will be able to drive in my car to EF and bring my HF equipment including a vertical HF antenna so we can play proper radio in the biergarten :)

If not, i hope someone else can do this?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up