Eurofurence Community > Special Interests

Mead Tasting /Roundtable?

(1/5) > >>

meo:
Last year I had a little private Meadtasting but I think this time it would be nicer to open up that thing a bit.

So what is Mead:
"Mead (/ˈmiːd/; archaic and dialectal "medd"; from Old English "meodu") is an alcoholic beverage created by fermenting honey with water, sometimes with various fruit, spices, grains, or hops. (Hops act as a preservative and produce a bitter, beer-like flavor.) The alcoholic content of mead may range from about 8% ABV to more than 20%. The defining characteristic of mead is that the majority of the beverage's fermentable sugar is derived from honey. It may be still, carbonated, or naturally sparkling; and it may be dry, semi-sweet, or sweet." (Source: Wikipedia)

What is Planned:
I bring around 2-3 Bottles of my collection and if some others bring theirs too that can be a very funny panel ^^

Would you be interested in such an event? Post your Comments here^^

Cheetah:
Hello there ;)

This really sounds more like something that should be organised privately. I hope you understand that we have a few reservations about a public event that involves attendees bringing their own booze - and I'm not sure the hotel would agree with this :) How about throwing a roomparty?

KyuubiSaoirse:
No matter what this ends up with, I'd love to join! I'd take my fave cherry mead with me :D

meo:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 11.01.2016, 00:51:57 ---Hello there ;)

This really sounds more like something that should be organised privately. I hope you understand that we have a few reservations about a public event that involves attendees bringing their own booze - and I'm not sure the hotel would agree with this :) How about throwing a roomparty?

--- End quote ---
Wouldn't be a problem and I already tough so.

HellCharm:
Sounds interesting XD I've never tasted it before but I'm quite curious, I'm always willing to bring a bottle of home made limoncello to trade :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version