Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mead Tasting /Roundtable?  (Read 16711 times)

meo

Mead Tasting /Roundtable?
« on: 10.01.2016, 23:55:03 »

Last year I had a little private Meadtasting but I think this time it would be nicer to open up that thing a bit.

So what is Mead:
"Mead (/ˈmiːd/; archaic and dialectal "medd"; from Old English "meodu") is an alcoholic beverage created by fermenting honey with water, sometimes with various fruit, spices, grains, or hops. (Hops act as a preservative and produce a bitter, beer-like flavor.) The alcoholic content of mead may range from about 8% ABV to more than 20%. The defining characteristic of mead is that the majority of the beverage's fermentable sugar is derived from honey. It may be still, carbonated, or naturally sparkling; and it may be dry, semi-sweet, or sweet." (Source: Wikipedia)

What is Planned:
I bring around 2-3 Bottles of my collection and if some others bring theirs too that can be a very funny panel ^^

Would you be interested in such an event? Post your Comments here^^

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Mead Tasting /Roundtable?
« Reply #1 on: 11.01.2016, 00:51:57 »

Hello there ;)

This really sounds more like something that should be organised privately. I hope you understand that we have a few reservations about a public event that involves attendees bringing their own booze - and I'm not sure the hotel would agree with this :) How about throwing a roomparty?
yours,

Cheetah

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #2 on: 11.01.2016, 00:58:13 »

No matter what this ends up with, I'd love to join! I'd take my fave cherry mead with me :D

meo

« Reply #3 on: 11.01.2016, 00:59:12 »

Hello there ;)

This really sounds more like something that should be organised privately. I hope you understand that we have a few reservations about a public event that involves attendees bringing their own booze - and I'm not sure the hotel would agree with this :) How about throwing a roomparty?
Wouldn't be a problem and I already tough so.

HellCharm

« Reply #4 on: 11.01.2016, 01:07:39 »

Sounds interesting XD I've never tasted it before but I'm quite curious, I'm always willing to bring a bottle of home made limoncello to trade :p

Shinji170981

• Shinji the Cat
    • Me on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: 11.01.2016, 13:10:10 »

I would be interested as well.
Willing to chip in a bottle of "fir honey" mead as well, which is quite nice :)

Kristofferson

« Reply #6 on: 11.01.2016, 17:26:02 »

If I have time, I will join, too. Might bring a bottle of mead as well. :)

QuiranLycaon

• Convention Security Operative
  • This text is personal ok.. don't ask for it
« Reply #7 on: 11.01.2016, 19:35:40 »

if this event is still going on in private, then i'll bring dragonflames mead with me (unlike the normal spicy ones, this one actually burns, is good when you have stuffed sinusses)

Santa fox

« Reply #8 on: 11.01.2016, 19:42:43 »

I'd love to attend, unfortunately I doubt I can bring anything, as mead seems to be fairly scarce around here, ironically enough.

Regardless, how it all goes well!

Moose

« Reply #9 on: 28.02.2016, 13:43:18 »

Should there be room for one more I'd also like to join in.
I don't have any experience with mead what-so-ever but I do love beer.
I would happily bring some of my homemade hard-applecider to go around. (think I have a bottle or two left)

VickyVixen

« Reply #10 on: 03.03.2016, 18:09:28 »

Sorry for gravedigging a bit here, but I'll see whether I can bring some mead too.
I imagine doing this in the biergarten in the evening. Really brings out the good vibes.
A panel, maybe. Not sure why there would have to be a panel though.
What are your favourites? Interested.

meo

« Reply #11 on: 03.03.2016, 21:38:57 »

My personal favorites (and a longtime try to get it again since the producer didn't want to ship to Germany) is the Medovina Jan Halada Archivní (High Honney per Water Mead with addition of honey Liquor) by the Czech producer Česká včela, for the German ones (and one of the Bottles I ill try to bring along) that is the "MET-Honigwein lieblich" by Franz Stettner (Honey based with a little taste of apple in my opinion) and for a Danish one (also a Bottle i will bring along) Viking Blod by Dansk Mjod (Hibiscus and spices added).

I also drink ones that are done with Cherrys too (but i would go all Kage and consume a bottle in no time myself^^).

If (somehow) one of the American Furry here can get a hand on a Bottle of "The Statement" (a Mead with cherries from the top of the makers) by Ken Schramm of Schramms Mead or even a Bottle of "The Heart of Darkness" (cherry, raspberry, spices and other high quality stuff) that goes for 120 Dollar please drop me a note i would appreciate it.

Moose

« Reply #12 on: 04.08.2016, 22:17:05 »

So now EF is finally around the corner.
I'll try to get my hands on two bottles of Danish mead. Ribe Mjød with added apple and Dansk Mjød.
I'll also bring a bottle of my homemade apple cider, thou I don't know if it's still any good.
Is there anyway to get in contact with each other when this thing is going down?

meo

« Reply #13 on: 05.08.2016, 21:21:59 »

I opend up a Telegram group for Mead drinking Furs. https://telegram.me/joinchat/B2rVxAkaNYrK6ypv5wd5hA Everyone can join, even if you don't attend this years EF

Shinji170981

• Shinji the Cat
    • Me on Facebook
« Reply #14 on: 09.08.2016, 20:25:22 »

Since I don't use telegram, is there another way to receive updates like pm or text/email?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up