Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How likely is it to get a table?  (Read 17707 times)

Neotheta

• Neotheta.fi
How likely is it to get a table?
« on: 06.10.2015, 23:26:17 »

Heya, this next year would likely be my first EF finally so bare with my stupid questions.

How likely is the chance to get a dealers den table? What kind of aspects of the different artists you take in consideration when choosing the dealers? Or is it first-come-first-serve?
Does requesting two tables make the chance less, or do you possibly just downgrade the tables to one if there isn't enough space? (is it even possible to request two? How big are the tables anyway?)

You probably guessed this but it's really hard financially without a den spot since I'm a self-emplyed artist and (this part is probably gonna sound really weird) I get most out of cons when being a dealer (actually so much that without my con experiences have been quite dull, that's probably cause I don't do that drinking thing everyone else loves and shy to approach people in normal situations.)

And the obvious last question, if I were to not get a table and turns out I then couldn't come, is it possible to give the ticket to someone else?
-Neotheta
Feline in shark disguise

Ralesk

Re: How likely is it to get a table?
« Reply #1 on: 07.10.2015, 12:20:58 »

Yes, it's possible to sell the ticket to someone else if you can't come.

This year we had an Artists' Alley outside of the Dealers' Den, where artists could sit and take commissions for example – so you don't actually need to get a DD table, I'd guess.  You could also put some of your art in the Art Show, that can bring in some nice cash as well.
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Neotheta

• Neotheta.fi
« Reply #2 on: 07.10.2015, 12:42:05 »

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not intending to sell commissions tho, I go to cons so I can sell the products I make since they don't really stand out for people in the internet. I got pillowcases, mousepads, pencilcases, clothing etc. a bit varying depending on each year. I prefer to leave arts drawn at cons for trades and gifts since I'm not always inspired at the spot ^^;
Feline in shark disguise

Ralesk

« Reply #3 on: 07.10.2015, 16:59:14 »

In that case be quick :D
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #4 on: 07.10.2015, 20:39:00 »

Hello Neotheta,

"being quick", like Ralesk suggested, won't help catching a table. We tried it with "first come, first serve" for many years and it always ended in a desaster.
We open a two month application time slot, where all interested artists can put their data in and after the deadline we kind of choose to offer the customers a good viarity in quality and styles. We are still not happy with the system but that was the most fair one we worked out over the years of experience. :)
Since we haven't started planning for next year I can't say how many tables we will have but we will defenitely overthink the concept for the Artist Alley, which didn't work out the way it was planned in the end, so the Alley will become a proper selling point and as valuable as the Dealers'Den in the end.

For futher infos please read the homepage http://www.eurofurence.org/EF21/dealersden

Neotheta

• Neotheta.fi
« Reply #5 on: 09.10.2015, 13:34:29 »

Thanks for the reply Alpha :3

I'll try get lucky for next year then. I guess if you're making artist ally more for selling commissions then it's more likely to get to dealers den if I want to sell items instead, cause then the commission artists would go to the ally?
Feline in shark disguise

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #6 on: 11.10.2015, 09:51:03 »

We will see how everything works out till next EF, at the current point of planning I don't want to make any promises. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up