Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: unable to book a hotel room?  (Read 21392 times)

Lizeron

Re: unable to book a hotel room?
« Reply #30 on: 11.01.2016, 23:04:36 »

My queue number on the wait list is 1760836 and it was on 4:00 pm Cet. If this helps people compare numbers tho id appreciate some reference too

Deyja

« Reply #31 on: 12.01.2016, 00:14:38 »

My queue number on the wait list is 1760836 and it was on 4:00 pm Cet. If this helps people compare numbers tho id appreciate some reference too
mine was 1759392 on januari 10, 18.30 CET.
payment information was requested and sent today.

hope that helps you.
i'm not crazy, my perception of reality just differs from yours

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #32 on: 12.01.2016, 02:05:03 »

More than anything, I'd like to just get my number in the waiting-list, and if possible, how many rooms were opened up last year. If I'm nr 400 on the list, I'm not even gonna wait, and just book somewhere else right now. If I'm nr 4 on the list, I'm gonna wait. However, with no information at all, I can't make an informed choice.

As for the future, perhaps prioritize 2+ reservations over single rooms?
Depending on exactly what happened this year, it may be appropriate to lock out the single option completely. At least until the Estrel Tower comes on line in two years time - hopefully in time for EF24.

2000 people is a lot, but it's only about 80% of the hotel's capacity. (2*1125 + third beds) This does look like a situation that could at least be mitigated for next year.

[edit:]
My booking number was 1760838. If Lizeron got number 1759392 then that's at least 1200 inquiries that the hotel received.
« Last Edit: 12.01.2016, 14:43:06 by ANTIcarrot »

Lizeron

« Reply #33 on: 12.01.2016, 10:54:54 »

We also cant be certain that the rooms will be cancelled in a proper way. Some might just be handed out between furried themselves. The booking number doesn seem to help much either :p

Edit: i wanted to mention that i will be comin with eqrly arrival and late departure!!
« Last Edit: 12.01.2016, 17:19:40 by Lizeron »

woo

« Reply #34 on: 12.01.2016, 23:46:34 »

Also, it is worth trying external booking portals ... they have a separate room block that we do not have access to, and sometimes they have pretty good deals, too. Be very sure to compare prices and terms of service, though. Like, make sure they can't re-book you to a different hotel, for example.
Do you have any hints on which booking portals? I've gone through DerTour, TUI, booking.com, HRS, Neckermann and four or five others, and they all have no access to Estrel rooms for the EF time.
« Last Edit: 12.01.2016, 23:50:22 by woo »

Strangewolf

• Registration
« Reply #35 on: 13.01.2016, 01:01:37 »

Okay, just got the update from the Estrel. All rooms are gone, and the waiting list is already so long it does not make any sense to add more people to it, as they do not expect so many rooms ever becoming available through cancellations.

Time to check your overflow options.

How on Earth though... with 2100 attendees for <2250 beds ???

Some people don't want to share their rooms and there will be several ppl. who just reserved the room first and their friend(s) will register later, because it's not needed to hesitate to register for the con it self, if one of your guys already has a room (there is no general limit for attendees).
So the number of bed-guests might increase notable within the next days and weeks - probably getting little spikes before each phase of prereg-discount ends. ;)

Regards
 - Strange
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up