Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kage and Anthrocon calling to Help out one of Anthrocon's ASL Interpreters  (Read 8515 times)

meo

Minutes ago Uncle Kage posted up a Video on Youtube to raise the awareness that one of Anthrocons ASL Interpreters needs financial help.

I copy over the Videodiscription by Kage himself:

"Earlier this month, one of Anthrocon's beloved sign language interpreters was badly wounded in an assault. Bic Lee was stabbed in the chest by a would-be robber. He survived and is expected to recover, but he faces a long rehabilitation. During that time he'll not be able to earn his living as an interpreter, and worse, he's got a lot of hospital bills to tend to.

This is a call to the Furry Fandom to lend a hand to a gentleman who has made Anthrocon accessible to so many deaf and hard-of-hearing people who otherwise would have been left out. We want to get him back on his feet so that he can join us again for Anthrocon 2016.

There's two ways that you can help! The first is with a few simple mouse-clicks, starting with http://www.youcaring.com/biclee . That links directly to a bank account that family and friends have set up in Bic's name specifically to help him get by as he heals up.

If you don't want to use electronic means, you can still donate courtesy of First Commonwealth Bank. The account is in his name, and anyone wishing to make a deposit can do so by mailing a check payable to Bichri Lee, to:

First Commonwealth Bank
Attn: Tina
2747 Harts Run Road
Allison Park, PA 15101

You could also stop into any local branch and have the fund put into Bic's account."

Also all the Money that comes via Paypal during Kages next Winestream will end up at Bics plus some extra from Kage himself. While I am hard hearing myself the idea of ASL interpreters was heck of an idea eversince, so please help Bic out so.

Thanks

VickyVixen

Man I love this initiative, it's great that there's even such a thing as interpreters and especially for a conference such as Anthrocon.
For something as uneventful as this to happen, I'm sure there will be more than a handful of supporters from all over the world who are willing to help this guy.
The message of the video is also very meaningful; I instantly tried to see if my volume was down and I realised the difficulty that comes with being deaf.
It's just baffled me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up