Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 26 — "Welcome to Tortuga"
Estrel Congress Center Berlin
July 28 – August 1, 2021
Follow eurofurence on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First con, and trip outside home country  (Read 5285 times)

Experimentonomen

First con, and trip outside home country
« on: 03.02.2016, 19:09:46 »

Hello!

I'm Experimentonomen and is planning my first furry con. Originally i was gonna go to NordicFuzzCon but they closed registrations before i had a chance to get my planning together fully, so that got me thinking about EF instead as that seems to be the next closest one as i feel like i dont wanna wait a full year for the next NFC event to come around.

I know theres also confuzzled in the UK, but their info is very sparse so im not sure about their acceptance to intl visitors, or if its uk only.

However i need some giudance as i have never been outside sweden. What would be the best option for a first time visitor, take the TXL bus to the city centre and walk to Estrel from there ?

Cheers!

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
    • Zefiros Höhle
Re: First con, and trip outside home country
« Reply #1 on: 03.02.2016, 19:22:08 »

Confuzzled is fully welcome for international visitors, same as Eurofurence.

However, both cons, while quite big, have only a limited number of hotel rooms available. Since having a place to stay over night is of some importance, I'd advise that you first focus on where to stay. Everything else will then come much easier. For Eurofurence, the hotel is currently out of rooms (I don't know for CFz), though usually over time some rooms are freed again. So either you risk waiting for those, or choose another place to stay and commute daily to the Estrel.

There are threads here in the forum about overflow hotels, and transportation will also follow updated for this year. See also the "Travel & Parking" section of our website.

*purrrr*

Experimentonomen

« Reply #2 on: 03.02.2016, 19:33:13 »

I was thinking about a nearby hotel/hostel within walking distance.

My plan so far is to travel to Berlin from Sweden on friday the 19'th of August, take the TXL bus to the city centre and walk the remaining bit, attend the con during saturday and then travel back home on sunday.

Ragear

• Pawpet Show
  • Ragear the Lion
« Reply #3 on: 03.02.2016, 21:23:25 »

uh, way to short of a stay, imho ... you sure you want to spend that money for hust 20% of the fun?

Schakaline

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #4 on: 03.02.2016, 22:25:32 »

My plan so far is to travel to Berlin from Sweden on friday the 19'th of August, take the TXL bus to the city centre and walk the remaining bit, attend the con during saturday and then travel back home on sunday.

I'm not sure whether you're trolling or not. If you're indeed serious about this, please read ALL sections of the web site thoroughly, read the sticky posts in the forum, look at a map of Berlin, make sure you have found a proper means of travel AND somewhere to stay and if you still have questions, THEN feel free to ask.
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up