Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I charge my drones in the lobby?  (Read 5357 times)

Xzadfor

• Video Team
    • Wild Frontier, foxes in space!
Can I charge my drones in the lobby?
« on: 20.04.2016, 00:53:03 »

I plan to bring several dozen quad drones and have them hover me around because my costume is the BAron Harkonnen from Dune. I haven't been able to get the anti-gravity bely working so I just decided to go with drones and small tethers to my hover suit costume.

Is it OK to stop in the lobby and charge them occasionally or do I need to fly back to my room? Since I can only be out, at most about 3 minutes at a time, I'm hopeful because I don't want to miss too much con.

Thanks!

-Xzadfor
Wherever you go, there you are!

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
Re: Can I charge my drones in the lobby?
« Reply #1 on: 20.04.2016, 12:05:37 »

I'm very sorry, but according to Section 4(b) of CEPT Recommendation T/R 61-01 and the reciprocal application of Commission Regulation (EC) No. 2257/94, it is explicitly -not- permitted to, I quote, "operate and/or manipulate a device that allows its bearer to manipulate the space-time continuum as laid out in Article 101 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union and defined in Council Directive 92/43/EEC as well as the associated international treaty of the Conference of Häagen-Dazs 1988" within a radius of 4 femtoparsecs around any government building; failure to comply is punishable by a fine or instant termination.

You may, however, operate any personal floatation device not powered by an electric or internal combustion engine in the affected area. Note, however, that in this case you have to strictly follow the provisions laid out in the Council Directive 91/271/EEC of 21 May 1991. Failure to comply with any of those provisions will lead to being bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher by our security staff.

I know this may sound a bit harsh, but unfortunately that's the way it is, or as they say in 'murrika - "The law's the law". Enjoy your stay in Berlin nonetheless.
« Last Edit: 20.04.2016, 12:10:39 by Schakaline »
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

RedFoxy

• RedFoxy.it - Home of fox
Re: Can I charge my drones in the lobby?
« Reply #2 on: 22.05.2016, 11:34:55 »

lol xD
Pages: [1]   Go Up