The Eurofurence Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 25 "Fractures in Time" - Estrel Hotel Berlin, August 14-18, 2019Follow eurofurence on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (found!) Looking for a ride from Belgium (early + late)  (Read 2678 times)

MrEvers

• FurryFandom.be

Looking for a cheap way to get from Belgium to Berlin (and back), I came across "Berlin Bus",
Which would put my travel costs at only 40€ for Brussels-Berlin and back. Not counting getting to Brussels, and then getting to the Hotel, but those are small costs.
Usually I spend around 100 €, be it by car or by train, so this is less than half that price, almost seems to good to be true.
This is the route I'd take:
http://www.berlinbus.com/search/#city_from_id=157&city_dest_id=25&date_fwrd=15.08.2016&hide_back=on&date_back=22.08.2016&adult=1&child=0&bicycle=0&fromStop=7503&toStop=2000&fromStopReturn=2000&toStopReturn=7503

Anyone have any experience with this company, or knows if this is a good idea or not?

Update:
Seems I waited too long for registering the bus ride and prices have tripled.
I'm now (very last minute) looking for a ride (arriving on Tuesday, leaving on Monday).
From/to Ghent (or Brussels or Antwerp or nearby cities).

Nevermind, found a ride
« Last Edit: 21.07.2016, 21:09:22 by MrEvers »
FurryFandom.be

meo

Re: Berlin Bus
« Reply #1 on: 19.06.2016, 18:52:24 »

Berlin Linienbus is part of the DB - Railway Company an reasonably fast. The only problems you could have with them are traficjams and the toilets on the bus (i wouldn't recommend using them). Also BerlinLinienbus uses to didn't allow Laptop/tablet and so on usage in some of their busses while they offer free W-Lan in others.

I would recommend using Flixbus when you want to go by bus (more space at the seats and afaik always free W-Lan)

As for prices: check here: https://www.busradar.com/search/?From=Br%C3%BCssel&To=Berlin&When=2016-08-16&WhenReturn=&ShowRidesharing=true&ShowRidesharing=false&Company=Alle+Busunternehmen&Passengers=1&SearchMode=0&Radius=15000&originCulture=de-DE&currency=EUR?currency=EUR

MrEvers

• FurryFandom.be
« Reply #2 on: 22.06.2016, 19:22:06 »

I checked flixbus, it's nearly double the price and several hours more on the road.
FurryFandom.be

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #3 on: 26.06.2016, 08:45:01 »

The only problem I've had with buses: Your luggage isn't next to you, but in the lower part of the bus. So, if there are other stops, you have to take care that noone grabs your suitcase. A friend of mine once had hers stolen.

MrEvers

• FurryFandom.be
« Reply #4 on: 19.07.2016, 20:50:56 »

Damn, seems I waited too long for registering the bus ride and prices have tripled
I'm now (very last minute) looking for a ride (arriving on Tuesday, leaving on Monday).
From/to Ghent (or Brussels or Antwerp or nearby cities).
FurryFandom.be
Pages: [1]   Go Up