Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How would I find people to meet up with?  (Read 7827 times)

Raikuen

How would I find people to meet up with?
« on: 04.07.2016, 20:42:22 »

I've finished up most booking work and looking forward to the convention. I however don't know too many people myself, I wonder how I would go about finding people to hang out with and all that.
Maybe I could find people with the same interests like the kind of art I enjoy to see and draw myself. I notice there's a page for special interests but I barely see any new posts there, makes it seem like everything is some official event post.
So if anyone knows how and what I should do to find new people to be with, please let me know.

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
Re: How would I find people to meet up with?
« Reply #1 on: 04.07.2016, 22:23:41 »

Generally I find it a good idea to when the schedule is checked work out what you want to go to and wander along. There's always places to sit and talk with others about art if that's your main interest. Or you can ask to run your own event if it's not been talked about.
More is more.

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #2 on: 05.07.2016, 12:54:58 »

Basically you can just sit in the lobby or beer garden and talk to people. Most will be happyto meet new furs.

Kuma

• Sometimes a tanuki, always a bear.
    • Kodiak Moments
« Reply #3 on: 05.07.2016, 23:48:34 »

Basically you can just sit in the lobby or beer garden and talk to people. Most will be happyto meet new furs.

This basically :). Also, be sure to join the Dutchfurs group photoshoot :).

Ralesk

« Reply #4 on: 06.07.2016, 16:03:47 »

The International Snack Exchange is also a very nice event for mingling (and unwanted calories :D)
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #5 on: 10.07.2016, 22:37:13 »

Last Confuzzled people said that Telegram these days have very active groups around events.
So you could basically ask people out to go somewhere or do something specific.

Raikuen

« Reply #6 on: 11.07.2016, 13:16:53 »

This basically :). Also, be sure to join the Dutchfurs group photoshoot :).

I guess the beer garden is the area at the water? Where the bonfire is at night? I'll try.

That sounds like fun, I'm not a fursuiter though but I do read that there's a 2nd photo with everyone else, so yea I'll try to be there.

Raikuen

« Reply #7 on: 11.07.2016, 13:34:58 »

Last Confuzzled people said that Telegram these days have very active groups around events.
So you could basically ask people out to go somewhere or do something specific.

That's really good advice, I see there's a lot of large chat groups, I'll try find one that fits my interests.

StormEngineer

• Crazy Unicorn
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #8 on: 01.08.2016, 04:54:26 »

If you are4 into art, there are several art related events!

There is obviously the Art Show, which is an exhibition of art.

The Artist Lounge is an area where artists can go to hang out, draw, make trades and so on.

The Dealer's den is the local shop, it sells prints and all kinds of cool things, and after the Art Show there will also be the Artist Alley where artists can sell stuff, for example any pieces that weren't sold at the Show.

And at last but not the least, there are several art themed panels, such as how to draw various species, anthro anatomy, and so on - I for example will hold a panel on the Open Source art program I use called Krita.
Sic itur ad astra per aspera.

Token

• Convention Security Operative
  • *nom nom nom*
« Reply #9 on: 01.08.2016, 13:51:23 »

There is the event of 'Your first furry con' which can give you some guidance on how to find your way around!
See http://www.eurofurence.org/EF22/schedule/events/982.en.html

Generally: Do not be afraid to talk to people! Seeing a table with some interesting seeming people? Go and ask 'Mind if I join the table?' Open door and party behind it? Do the same! :P

And just because eventually someone says 'nah sorry, we'd like to keep it small' that does *not* mean the group totally dislikes you. As silly as this sounds, but EF intensifies emotions dramatically. If you have an improvable self-esteem, you might get trapped in such thoughts, despite them being unnecessary because not true.
If it is easier for you to start on a different common ground: Visit a panel and after it, try some icebreaking questions. Like 'You mentioned you use earwax for modeling your suit parts? That is cool, can you show me more? (*)'

Things seem more intimidating as they are. And if I spot anyone sitting alone around the bar or campfire I will make sure to chat them up! :3

(*) Eventually not the best ice-breaker… a bit gross… xD

*hugs*
Token
Pages: [1]   Go Up