The Eurofurence Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 25 "Fractures in Time" - Estrel Hotel Berlin, August 14-18, 2019Follow eurofurence on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeking one more passenger/co-driver UK <-> EF  (Read 1315 times)

SouthPaw

Seeking one more passenger/co-driver UK <-> EF
« on: 15.07.2016, 19:16:03 »

Due to accommodation issues, my co-driver for the trip from the UK to Eurofurence has had to pull out, so I'm currently in rather urgent need of someone to replace him for the epic road trip of epicness with Syruss Scaleskin, Blaster Hedgie (aka B-H) and myself. Ideally, someone who knows at least one of us is preferred, as you'll be bunking up (in a Twin Room, granted) with one of us en route.

Someone who's able to share the driving would also be preferred. The car in question is a 2013 Skoda Octavia (Mk 3), 1.6 litre Diesel with 7-speed DSG gearbox, so offers plenty of luggage space and pretty good fuel economy...assuming you don't spend most of the German leg doing 100mph+ just because it's legal. ;-)

The plan currently looks like this, due to where those involved are/were coming from:

Meet up at Didcot Parkway railway station at 18:30 on Sunday 14th August and head for the Dartford Holiday Inn Express for an overnight stay (with complimentary breakfast) before continuing on to Dover in time to catch the 12:05 P&O sailing to Calais (due in at 14:35 CEST).

From Calais, we head to the NH Oberhausen hotel, arriving around 4 to 5 hours later (depending on traffic and stops en route) for our second overnight stay, again with complimentary breakfast. Leaving mid-morning on Tuesday takes us on to the Estrel, arriving mid-afternoon/early evening (thus hopefully avoiding the initial rush for registration).

For the return journey, we leave the Estrel mid-morning on Monday 22nd August and head for the Hotel Campanile Eindhoven for our overnight stay, once again including breakfast the following morning, then it's back to Calais in time for the 15:20 ferry back to Dover, arriving at 15:50 BST, and a run back to Didcot Parkway, which we should reach by 20:00.

Estimated cost is £130 per person, which covers the ferry crossings, hotels en route and fuel, with the final total to be advised once we get back to the UK once the transactions show up on my statement. As for why I'd prefer to have a co-driver, the total distance involved is just under 1500 miles...Need I say more?

If you're interested, reply here or over on UKFur, hunt me down in #Eurofurence on FurNet, or drop me an SMS or IM if you've got those details. ;-)
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up