Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Sauna: Ladies' Night?  (Read 43194 times)

ysegrim

• Superhero
  • Stage Team
Sauna: Ladies' Night?
« on: 26.09.2007, 21:36:19 »

Did anyone actually take advantage of the "Ladies' Night" in the Sauna on Thursday? The only lady I have heard going there was actually quite disappointed that her friend was not allowed to join ...
So, if there is a need for a "Ladies' Night", it has my full support. But if not, it would be a pity to keep the awesome Sauna territory vacant for a whole day.

MrPaddy

Re: Sauna: Ladies' Night?
« Reply #1 on: 28.09.2007, 03:04:09 »

I saw that somewhere and had to chuckle. It's a nice touch, but as far as I saw, about 95% of the attendees were male and a similar proportion seemed to be gay. Perhaps an evening for straight people? :P

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 28.09.2007, 11:54:59 »

I saw that somewhere and had to chuckle. It's a nice touch, but as far as I saw, about 95% of the attendees were male and a similar proportion seemed to be gay. Perhaps an evening for straight people? :P

Yes, your estimation is almost correct ... it's 90% male and 10% female. Which I think is a pity. It's even a 2% decline from last year. The point was, making EF at least a little bit more attractive for the female population. We really want a higher female attendance. I see no reason why we should be such a male dominated convention.

So, if anyone has any good ideas how to make the con (and the fandom in itself) more attractive to women ... I'm all ears :)
yours,

Cheetah

Shay (Wolly)

• Charity
  • Wruff!
« Reply #3 on: 28.09.2007, 15:12:21 »

Ladies Night in the Sauna doesn't seem to work.... ^^

Perhaps give them free admittance? :P Seems to work in nightclubs! ^^
If you can't beat them... try beating them harder!

Fawks Beaumont

« Reply #4 on: 28.09.2007, 17:06:44 »

Ladies Night in the Sauna doesn't seem to work.... ^^

Perhaps give them free admittance? :P Seems to work in nightclubs! ^^
Strippers work well in nightclubs too, but I am guessing that Cheetah isn't going to add those anytime soon.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 28.09.2007, 17:40:27 »

Interesting Historical Fact: The mother of all furry conventions, Confurence, used to have an adults-only event called "The Fur-Le-Dance" featuring on-stage amateur erotic dance performances. Although the show turned out to be involuntarily funny instead of erotic, most of the time.

Although, Omaha Sternberg dancing to "The Black Unicorn" is how I got to know the music of Heather Alexander :)
yours,

Cheetah

MrPaddy

« Reply #6 on: 28.09.2007, 20:27:34 »

So, if anyone has any good ideas how to make the con (and the fandom in itself) more attractive to women ... I'm all ears :)

With out looking further into the people it attracts and reasons why the fandom appears to be more attractive to males, I couldn't say for certain. But maybe....more salads? :P

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #7 on: 29.09.2007, 01:46:51 »

I think i recall that (said to be) good advice from back then when we were young:
"If you're a fur and have a girlfriend, don't ever introduce her to the fandon and in no case bring her to conventions, or she'll get snatched away in no time."
So, maybe they're hiding the females at home.

Mysti-waterontherumormills-fur
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #8 on: 15.01.2008, 16:32:18 »

Any updates on this? As a furgirl, I'd love to have more girls around. I'm not sure a sauna event is the right thing, especially not right in the beginning of the con when many have not yet arrived and those that have are confused about where to sleep and eat and who they know is there, forget a sauna event. It sounded a tad lesbian to me anyway (my humblest apologies to those who might be offended by that remark, lesbians are great people, I just happen not to be one).

Hmmm maybe a special afternoon thing or SIG or discussion about what it's like to be a girl in the fandom, or chocolate? Everyone loves chocolate heheh. Just a calm place all us girls can escape to for a little while maybe? I don't know, just brainfarting. But something would be nice.  :)
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #9 on: 16.01.2008, 02:37:17 »

Feel free to host your own girls-only event.
As well, you're most welcome to advertise Eurofurence among potential female attendees.

Con Staff, while of cource positive of having more females attend, is busy enough to make the fully booked con run smoothly, rather than pondering how to change the furry fandom to have more womenfolk interested in it.

The Ladies-only day in the Sauna however did not work out as intended, and will not be repeated, as far as i'm informed.
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #10 on: 09.02.2008, 13:34:18 »

The Sana Ladies Night will not be repeated official.

But if there is a larger group of girls who wants to use the sana area exclusive for a few hours let me know.

I'll give you a timeslot then.

Honey

« Reply #11 on: 20.02.2008, 01:13:50 »

Sounds nice.

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #12 on: 20.02.2008, 13:48:24 »

Erm... you did read the post just above yours... didn't you?
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Honey

« Reply #13 on: 20.02.2008, 15:27:13 »

Yes, what i mean is its nice we are giving the opputuinity in case people would do it.

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #14 on: 21.02.2008, 11:15:32 »

Ah... understand... sorry :)
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up