Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Art Show starting bids?  (Read 4617 times)

StormEngineer

• Crazy Unicorn
    • FurAffinity
Art Show starting bids?
« on: 27.07.2016, 20:58:39 »

So this will be my first time exhibiting/auctioning physical prints, and I don't really know what would be a reasonable price for EF. SHould I just take my regular commission price and add printing/framing costs? Should it be more because it's a limited-to-one print? Should it be less to encourage bidders? Or something completely different?

I don't want to under-price or over-price, but it was hard enough already for me to come up with commission prices in the first place.

What were the price ranges last year? Anyone remembers? That could probably help me get an idea.

Also, what charity % is the average people use?
« Last Edit: 27.07.2016, 21:03:09 by StormEngineer »
Sic itur ad astra per aspera.

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
Re: Art Show starting bids?
« Reply #1 on: 27.07.2016, 22:00:01 »

Price ranges are all over the place, depending on whether two people start a bidding war on an item. I'd say: Min Bid should be high enough so you are not angry if the item is sold for that price.

I had lots of surprises about prices and bids over the years, so I won't give recommendations beyond that... ultimately, you need to make your own observations about pricing and what sells where; this hugely depends on your fan base.

Charity: Whatever you feel comfortable with. If you want an indication, just go with 10%. (There are artists who do not have any charity percentage at all, so that's possible too.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up