Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback 2016  (Read 48552 times)

Ralesk

Re: Feedback 2016
« Reply #30 on: 29.08.2016, 11:53:06 »

The great:
* The lasers!
* The flickering foam things!
* Fuzzywolf's DJ set in the Dead Dog Party! (sorry, I keep forgetting the other guy's name)

The bad:
* XL T-shirt feels nothing like one, it's too long (almost reaches my knee, unlike pretty much every other T-shirt I own) and too narrow (again entirely unlike the other XL sized T-shirts I own).  I sadly didn't check on site, but doubt XXL would have solved this because I don't think I should need to have a T-shirt that goes down to my knees when I'm 177 cm tall.
* The short auction.  Partly, it seems, that people didn't fill the 15 bid slots (maybe could have made it dynamic, like in case of too few things on auction, also letting things with 12 bids go as well? I realise it does have issues, but if announced loudly and clearly, people probably would have understood it), and partly because barely any bids at all on the first day (there was too many things to do on Thursday, I couldn't even go to the art show until the second day at all — not sure if I'm alone with this)
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #31 on: 29.08.2016, 12:26:20 »

The short auction.  Partly, it seems, that people didn't fill the 15 bid slots (maybe could have made it dynamic, like in case of too few things on auction, also letting things with 12 bids go as well? I realise it does have issues, but if announced loudly and clearly, people probably would have understood it), and partly because barely any bids at all on the first day (there was too many things to do on Thursday, I couldn't even go to the art show until the second day at all — not sure if I'm alone with this)

We cannot change the rules after the end of the game. Before the art show is checked for bids after the closing, we do not know how many pieces there are in the auction. Putting stuff into the auction willy-nilly after that means that people lose their items that they already won. No matter what "announcement" you use, that is invitation to a shitstorm.

The bid positions were increased with the specific goal to shorten the auction. That worked (maybe better than intended, but you never know before you try). Further expansion of the art show in the future will fill up the auction again, I suppose, or we'll redesign the bidsheets some more.

People not bidding on the first day seems to be a similar issue with all bidding systems. I leave it to bidders to figure out when best to place a bid to increase their chances of winning; there are so many considerations... and we don't have a "Buy now" button that may prompt people to start bidding early.

However, Thursday has an extended opening time in the evening (and even longer for EF crew), so we encourage visitors to come in even if the day is busy!

Ralesk

« Reply #32 on: 29.08.2016, 12:48:51 »

The short auction.  Partly, it seems, that people didn't fill the 15 bid slots (maybe could have made it dynamic, like in case of too few things on auction, also letting things with 12 bids go as well? I realise it does have issues, but if announced loudly and clearly, people probably would have understood it), and partly because barely any bids at all on the first day (there was too many things to do on Thursday, I couldn't even go to the art show until the second day at all — not sure if I'm alone with this)

We cannot change the rules after the end of the game. Before the art show is checked for bids after the closing, we do not know how many pieces there are in the auction. Putting stuff into the auction willy-nilly after that means that people lose their items that they already won. No matter what "announcement" you use, that is invitation to a shitstorm.

The bid positions were increased with the specific goal to shorten the auction. That worked (maybe better than intended, but you never know before you try). Further expansion of the art show in the future will fill up the auction again, I suppose, or we'll redesign the bidsheets some more.

People not bidding on the first day seems to be a similar issue with all bidding systems. I leave it to bidders to figure out when best to place a bid to increase their chances of winning; there are so many considerations... and we don't have a "Buy now" button that may prompt people to start bidding early.

However, Thursday has an extended opening time in the evening (and even longer for EF crew), so we encourage visitors to come in even if the day is busy!

Oh, no, I didn't mean change the rules after the fact, but more like beforehand, to make the experiment smoother I guess.
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #33 on: 29.08.2016, 13:42:03 »

Oh, no, I didn't mean change the rules after the fact, but more like beforehand, to make the experiment smoother I guess.

But beforehand we don't know how many items will make it to the auction. It might as well have happened that people at Closing would just continue bidding, and even 15 bid positions would not have helped. Now, after trying, we know that 15 is limiting the auction a lot (at least at the current time), but that is a purely experimental insight.

Drachetto

• Drachetto's FA page
« Reply #34 on: 29.08.2016, 17:17:14 »

Everything was great as always, I'm totally satisfied about quite everything. Just few points Id' like to talk about:

What I'd like to see improved:
-About the fursuit group photoshoot, trying to make the waiting time for the picture as much short as possible (that because waiting being still raises the inner warmth a lot and it's very frustrating). Also would be nice to make a countdown with the megaphone (3...2...1...chesee!) to avoid some fursuits still watching elsewhere in the final picture;
-The Berlin Wall: this year there was a car parked there, sadly that's one of the few location of the hotel good for photoshoots. It will be great if that location could be full avaiable next year;
-Stairs: could be possible to have them open, at least up to the 3rd floor, next year? That would be nice to avoid part of mess at the elevators.

What I have appreciated most:
-The Wi-Fi always worked fine, that's very appreciated for who is not coming from Germany and needs it to surfing the net;
-About the few main events I attended, the delays were even shorter than the past, that's a good, appreciated improvement;
-About the fursuit group photoshoot, the lines on the ground made it simplier and nobody risks to be covered in the final picture. That was a really good idea!
-Helpers providing water with camel-bags, I love all of you <3 All of them were always so kind with fursuiters and very userfull, especially in the events like the fursuit group photoshoot and the macro meeting when the warmth was getting too high.

Finally, thanks very much once more to the EF staff, the security, people at the consoles, the cameramans, the con-op, all the free helpers and everybody who worked for the convention and his effort is 'invisible' to us: you make EF being possible every year and I'm so greatefull *hugs tightly*
"Fluffyness is happyness!"

Zestence

« Reply #35 on: 29.08.2016, 18:06:24 »

It was a great convention this year. I absolutely loved the theme and all the related artwork. Everything was reasonably on time and I had a lot of fun.

I did miss the fursuit group photo because I didn't know when or where it was and I don't read Twitter or Telegram that much. It's my own fault for not following any information channels, but I was still a little disappointed.

Fursuit lounge was great as usual, but I feel like the fans could be spread out more than they are now. There's three powerful fans sitting on a table and two people standing in front of them blocking all the airflow.

And I guess the EF app people know this already, but the hotel map would be much much more useful if the rooms were named  :P

Only real "problems" I experienced were with the hotel. Specifically the reception at check-in. They seem to change the rules regarding payment and deposit charges every year. At EF20 they wanted an outrageous 100€ per day deposit, so 600 in total, in addition to the room. I was able to negotiate it down to 35€ for the entire week, but I did have a small heart attack first.
At EF21 I emailed them in advance and they said they no longer take deposit charges and room is charged at check-out. Everything went smoothly that year.
This year they demanded we pay immediately at check-in, and also wanted a 100€ cash deposit. We did have the money, so it was not really a problem, but I would like to know in advance whether they require deposit charges or not so I can at least be ready for it. Also it seems like it depended on who you were dealing with, not everyone was charged a deposit this year.

All things considered, minor issues with how the hotel handles things are the only real complaints I have. Eurofurence itself is running smoother and smoother by the year. I'm having a really hard time thinking of things that need improving that can reasonably be improved with the resources available.

So instead I offer my thanks to the staff and the volunteers for making it all happen. EF has always been a joy visit and continues to be my personal highlight of the year. I absolutely cannot wait for EF23 and I will definitely see you all again next year.

Reshi

« Reply #36 on: 29.08.2016, 21:35:40 »

Only real "problems" I experienced were with the hotel. Specifically the reception at check-in. They seem to change the rules regarding payment and deposit charges every year. [...]
This year they demanded we pay immediately at check-in, and also wanted a 100€ cash deposit. We did have the money, so it was not really a problem, but I would like to know in advance whether they require deposit charges or not so I can at least be ready for it. Also it seems like it depended on who you were dealing with, not everyone was charged a deposit this year.

Oh yeah that was something that happened to my friends aswell, they were supposed to pay a deposit of like 200€. For me they asked if i wanted to pay at check in or at check out and opted for check out since that's what i've been doing earlier. and i was charged the "just in case" deposit of 50€ from my card for the possible cleaning/mini bar etc. fees like usual.

Angus

• The Daily Eurofurence Photographer
  • The Daily Eurofurence
    • [FA]
« Reply #37 on: 30.08.2016, 21:41:36 »

-The Berlin Wall: this year there was a car parked there, sadly that's one of the few location of the hotel good for photoshoots. It will be great if that location could be full avaiable next year;

Hm, was it one like these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trabant_601? I thought, that's been part of the decoration. These cars were very popular in Eastern Germany back in the 80's. Our family owned one of these too. So, that's part of my personal 80's memories from the time when I was a child. And placing it in front of the Berlin Wall fragments was actually quite fitting IMHO.

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
    • Twillight (perfoIllusion) on YouTube
« Reply #38 on: 30.08.2016, 22:13:51 »

Hm, was it one like these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trabant_601? I thought, that's been part of the decoration. These cars were very popular in Eastern Germany back in the 80's. Our family owned one of these too. So, that's part of my personal 80's memories from the time when I was a child. And placing it in front of the Berlin Wall fragments was actually quite fitting IMHO.

Yes. Part of the Decoration.  And a Trabant is as much the memory of the German Democratic Republic as the Berlin Wall. It fits together precisely. And it belongs to the Eighties.
Die Deutschen müssen mein Englisch nicht verstehen können, oder schön finden.  Es reicht wenn sie mein Deutsch verstehen. Wichtiger ist es das englisch sprachige Leute mein Englisch verstehen, auch wenn es nicht gut ist.

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #39 on: 30.08.2016, 22:24:41 »

Yes. Part of the Decoration.  And a Trabant is as much the memory of the German Democratic Republic as the Berlin Wall. It fits together precisely. And it belongs to the Eighties.

Most Defenitly! And they were so good to work with - two people working together were able to take out the engine without help of a pulley or other support...

VulpesRex

« Reply #40 on: 31.08.2016, 10:34:29 »

Most Defenitly! And they were so good to work with - two people working together were able to take out the engine without help of a pulley or other support...

Two people? Wow...that must have been one really big elastic band!  :D

Joking aside - I've always wanted to see a Trabbi, and on the MoterFurs Meet day, the owner was kind enough to show us the engine, and help me "shoehorn" myself into the driver's seat.  This was very much like the early post-war autos made by Messerschmitt (sp?) and such, practical and utilitarian transport made in recovering factories.

These cars are Legend; they fit the true meaning of 'Classic", as in "representative of an entire class or period".  'Iconic", if you prefer, and I'm glad that there was one there to see in front of The Wall.
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
« Reply #41 on: 02.09.2016, 17:23:26 »

The great:
* The lasers!
* The flickering foam things!
* Fuzzywolf's DJ set in the Dead Dog Party! (sorry, I keep forgetting the other guy's name)

The bad:
* XL T-shirt feels nothing like one, it's too long (almost reaches my knee, unlike pretty much every other T-shirt I own) and too narrow (again entirely unlike the other XL sized T-shirts I own).  I sadly didn't check on site, but doubt XXL would have solved this because I don't think I should need to have a T-shirt that goes down to my knees when I'm 177 cm tall.
* The short auction.  Partly, it seems, that people didn't fill the 15 bid slots (maybe could have made it dynamic, like in case of too few things on auction, also letting things with 12 bids go as well? I realise it does have issues, but if announced loudly and clearly, people probably would have understood it), and partly because barely any bids at all on the first day (there was too many things to do on Thursday, I couldn't even go to the art show until the second day at all — not sure if I'm alone with this)

If you mean the earlier part of the evening, that was myself :)
More is more.

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #42 on: 06.09.2016, 09:28:37 »

Although I missed half of the events I wanted to attend, I had a great time.

I liked the mainstage a lot. Both the decoration and the lights/laser stuff. And the queues were not too bad.

EF Prime had some small flaws, like no sound at some times, but the morning cartoons and the event livestream were nice. (Maybe next year you could have some kind of "Con's over, see you next year" screen in the end?)

The hotel employees were very friendly and helpful whenever I asked for something. (By the way, the sentence "A TV crew is coming to my room" makes a whole cleaning team appear within 30 seconds. ;) )

Also - noone in this thread has said Thank You to the medic team yet? They're super helpful and professional.

Btw, I was a tad annoyed by the Awoo, too. Large crowds tend to be stressful enough without random screaming.

Tabia

• FA gallery
« Reply #43 on: 07.09.2016, 16:26:29 »

I'm finally at home and able to write a little note here.
It was my very-very first time at EF, furry-con and in Europe. So much new experience! And I'm extremely happy about everything I could feel, see, hear and participate in.

I've met so much wonderful, open, friendly and talented people, so that have a real feeling that it's kind of my home. I'm glad that I saw old beloved friends and made new, had opportunity to fun, dance and exchange warmth and smiles, even earn a litle bit of money with artshow and selling the stuff.

Great thanks to everybody! Especially-to organizers and all of volunteers. You're amazing, guys. So much sparky souls and talented paws made this con unforgettable. You gifted me an inspiration, lots of smile and happiness. I'll do all my best to return in next year and for this time-with fursuit, I hope x)

Lots of love, your Tabia Lioness

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #44 on: 09.09.2016, 20:20:39 »

thanks for the ears protection boxes!
though you need either more of them or officially assign some staff to take care of them before musical event because one box wasnt enought at the first event (the FursuitFriendlyDance) and it was totally lacking during the BigBlueDance
just in case you are wondering where 2 of the boxes appeared from, I brought them (same brand as the one you had)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up