Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback 2016  (Read 48581 times)

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
Re: Feedback 2016
« Reply #45 on: 10.09.2016, 00:19:56 »

Ah, what just came to my mind: It was once again a little bit annoying for the people I met that there are no country flags on the badges

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #46 on: 10.09.2016, 00:24:02 »

Ah, what just came to my mind: It was once again a little bit annoying for the people I met that there are no country flags on the badges
why do you need the flag? the country name is written on it and people are more likely to recognize the name of the country rather than the flag

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #47 on: 10.09.2016, 04:47:40 »

why do you need the flag? the country name is written on it and people are more likely to recognize the name of the country rather than the flag

It's enough if people recognize the most common ones and know what language they can/have to use to talk to you. And it's much easier to have a look at a tiny flag than a tiny writing. 2nd one often requires a closer look while the flag colors can be seen from some distance. And if you run around without glasses in your fursuit like I do, reading smaller stuff is a challenge.
I had it happen quite often that people would pick up my badge first or right after they said "Hi" to see what language I speak before they actually say something else. And yes, I also try to have a look at someone elses badge first before I say something, but I don't touch their stuff since I don't like it myself. It's mostly a german thing I guess, but that's no surprise.
Could also offer them as stickers.

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #48 on: 11.09.2016, 15:52:05 »

I speak 3 languages. And I'm fine speaking any of them.
So I kind of see a point there my country does not say a lot.
From a service standpoint we have introduced these pins as an option so we can be of better service (see attachements)

Maybe if someone has the stomach for it, they can organize a similar solution for attendees.
These you could re-use on any convention really.

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #49 on: 11.09.2016, 17:15:38 »

It's enough if people recognize the most common ones and know what language they can/have to use to talk to you.

Now what?
« Last Edit: 11.09.2016, 17:17:52 by Schakaline »
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: 11.09.2016, 17:43:27 »

thanks for the ears protection boxes!
though you need either more of them or officially assign some staff to take care of them before musical event because one box wasnt enought at the first event (the FursuitFriendlyDance) and it was totally lacking during the BigBlueDance
just in case you are wondering where 2 of the boxes appeared from, I brought them (same brand as the one you had)

That was very well meaning, and it was very nice of you that you provided the extra two boxes. However, if you did not give them to con ops, but instead put them up yourselves, that will mess up the resource calculation of con ops, who might think their own boxes were more than enough, and bring the same (too small) amount next year :) So please let them know in case they don't read along here :)
yours,

Cheetah

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: 11.09.2016, 17:46:22 »

It's enough if people recognize the most common ones and know what language they can/have to use to talk to you.

Now what?

This will give you a 1:5 chance they will speak either Romansh, German, French, Italian or Dutch in various funny dialects :)
yours,

Cheetah

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #52 on: 11.09.2016, 18:43:04 »

[Swiss and Belgium flag]

Now what?

This will give you a 1:5 chance they will speak either Romansh, German, French, Italian or Dutch in various funny dialects :)
Well I guess you only use flags of a country that have a single official language.
Or if a language is only spoken in a country that has multiple official languages just roll with it?

If everyone that attends at least speaks English you negate the whole issue together, but it takes so much time to just learn one.
Always something to be desired for I guess...

StormEngineer

• Crazy Unicorn
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #53 on: 11.09.2016, 22:18:02 »

My problem is that I still don't know who/what pieces got the Art Show awards... I missed the auction, and this information was never again disclosed in any way or through any channel - which by the way I find extremely disappointing. As a participating artist myself, I really want to know who got the awards, but I can't be everywhere in the same time... :/ It should have really be in the Daily Eurofurence, but the single information there was the highest amount an artwork sold for. Nothing about the awards.

EDIT: Oh and I just got a lengthy email from Cairyn, promising to give artists feedback and stats about the Art Show - and it still didn't even mention the existence of the awards.

So, can someone finally reveal this top-secret info to me?
« Last Edit: 11.09.2016, 22:20:36 by StormEngineer »
Sic itur ad astra per aspera.

Giovanni Magnus

« Reply #54 on: 12.09.2016, 14:41:11 »

Can't complain about much, it was an amazing convention from start to finish. The addition of the Eurofurence app was brilliant, it made adding events to my schedule a whole lot easier.

Maybe next year, it would be handy to have a menu on the app, listing local dining choices or the restaurants at the hotel.

Although, one thing that I might have to say was how all the furniture and stuff was being dismantled in the registration atrium on the Sunday, whilst my friends and I were still using it. I'm sure there is a schedule you guys have to adhere to, but it would have been nice to not have the sofas taken from us whilst we were still using them; they're may not be events on the Sunday, but it did feel like we were being thrown out.

And once again, kudos to the hotel staff, always as friendly as ever, particularly since I am forever misplacing my phrasebook, and they go that extra mile to speak English for me (it always makes me feel awkward when I struggle to speak German, because nothing makes you stand out or look uncultured than when you struggle with the language).
« Last Edit: 12.09.2016, 14:45:46 by Giovanni Magnus »

CubOCoffee

« Reply #55 on: 12.09.2016, 19:40:05 »

Concerning the language, I don't think there is a real problem. Almost everyone I met spoke english very well.
If ones english is insufficient, one can always use paws, feet, tails, etc..

On a different subject: I move, that Eurofurence introduces its own currency.

I saw one attendee trying to pay with a Goldtaler, which is the accepted currency of the "Mittelalterlich Phantasie Spectaculum". (Yes, we go there too ;D, but not as Skunks)
Granted, this may be a bigger event, but maybe all the big Furry-Cons can devise a universal currency.
Fur-Dollars could be a nice collectible and Furries would be recognized as the nerds they are :D.
The name of the currency could of course be different.

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #56 on: 12.09.2016, 19:51:08 »

[Swiss and Belgium flag]

Now what?

Well I guess you only use flags of a country that have a single official language.
Or if a language is only spoken in a country that has multiple official languages just roll with it?

If everyone that attends at least speaks English you negate the whole issue together, but it takes so much time to just learn one.
Always something to be desired for I guess...

so, more like "spoken language flag" and not "country flag", because as Cheetah said some country dont use only one language

or you can also get these badges :D

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #57 on: 12.09.2016, 20:33:39 »

Nice buttons :3

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #58 on: 12.09.2016, 20:43:46 »

That was very well meaning, and it was very nice of you that you provided the extra two boxes. However, if you did not give them to con ops, but instead put them up yourselves, that will mess up the resource calculation of con ops, who might think their own boxes were more than enough, and bring the same (too small) amount next year :) So please let them know in case they don't read along here :)
to be honest I did it wildly,
I was kinda annoyed last year because nobody at conop knew where the boxes were and it was only because of the awesome kindness of one of the soundstage guy and one security guy that one box (from the soundstage ) could have been made vailable to the attendee (for the first dance).
so I didnt want to lose as much time and energy bothering conop staff who have already a lot of work to do (hey I appreciate all the work they do!) so I decided to do it by myself, I must say I was quite happy this year to see someone had remembered that point and organized it, at least partially.
but you are right, it would be better to coordinate effort and I should have taken the time to speak with conop.

so, if anyone from conop read this, how many boxes did you buy and how many were used ?

meo

« Reply #59 on: 12.09.2016, 22:16:52 »

or you can also get these badges :D

may one ask if you made them yourself or where we can get them? I kinda like the idea and the design.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up