Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback 2016  (Read 48556 times)

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Dealers Den
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
Re: Feedback 2016
« Reply #60 on: 12.09.2016, 23:29:59 »

or you can also get these badges :D

may one ask if you made them yourself or where we can get them? I kinda like the idea and the design.

Thank you!  :D
You can get these buttons at my table in the Dealers' Den. I do have these also as canine, feline, horse and fox with the most spoken language flags.

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #61 on: 13.09.2016, 09:22:07 »

...so, if anyone from conop read this, how many boxes did you buy and how many were used ?
Hmmm, no official statement however,
at the start of the convention I spotted 3 boxes in the ConOps office and placed 1 box to a table near the main stage entrance (in the middle of the day before any dance events).

On Friday (if I recall correctly) these boxes where no longer in the ConOps office,
there was at least half a box of the things before the 80's Dance at around 21:00
when I came back later at 22:30 the box was empty.

It is my firm believe you can not have enough of them,
I do have the feeling that people might tend to treat these as disposable (which they are),
but if you throw them out when you leave and get new ones an hour later you are looking at some hefty numbers of ear buds we have to provide to saturate that demand.

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #62 on: 13.09.2016, 10:04:15 »

or you can also get these badges :D
[Buttons!]

may one ask if you made them yourself or where we can get them? I kinda like the idea and the design.

Thank you!  :D
You can get these buttons at my table in the Dealers' Den. I do have these also as canine, feline, horse and fox with the most spoken language flags.
Oh I must have overlooked those. These are quite cool. Well done.
Ill direct any one asking about language buttons to your table next year :-3

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #63 on: 13.09.2016, 11:44:26 »

...so, if anyone from conop read this, how many boxes did you buy and how many were used ?
Hmmm, no official statement however,
at the start of the convention I spotted 3 boxes in the ConOps office and placed 1 box to a table near the main stage entrance (in the middle of the day before any dance events).

On Friday (if I recall correctly) these boxes where no longer in the ConOps office,
there was at least half a box of the things before the 80's Dance at around 21:00
when I came back later at 22:30 the box was empty.

It is my firm believe you can not have enough of them,
I do have the feeling that people might tend to treat these as disposable (which they are),
but if you throw them out when you leave and get new ones an hour later you are looking at some hefty numbers of ear buds we have to provide to saturate that demand.

yeah, thats why I also taped a sheet of paper near the box saying something along "please try to keep your protections for the other event of the week" in english, german and french. though someone removed the table and the paper the last day before the bigbluedance, no idea why

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
« Reply #64 on: 14.09.2016, 16:59:27 »

Could there be some printed maps posted around next year? The electronic signs are good for finding some rooms, it would be much easier though whilst suiting to just walk up to a map and locate where to go.
More is more.

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #65 on: 14.09.2016, 17:44:35 »

Could there be some printed maps posted around next year?
I printed three big (A0) posters with the hotel map, and gave them to conops. I thought they were put up somewhere, though admitedly I didn't check myself anymore.

*purrrr*

Runo

• Pawpet Show
  • Manul (Pallas' Cat)
« Reply #66 on: 17.09.2016, 08:25:15 »

Although, one thing that I might have to say was how all the furniture and stuff was being dismantled in the registration atrium on the Sunday, whilst my friends and I were still using it. I'm sure there is a schedule you guys have to adhere to, but it would have been nice to not have the sofas taken from us whilst we were still using them; they're may not be events on the Sunday, but it did feel like we were being thrown out.

Well, if you manage to convince all staffer's (real life) employers to give them an extra vacation day and pay an extra night at the hotel for them, I'm sure they'll be happy to move the con teardown one day back. Otherwise there's just a tight schedule to be kept, and order in which things are torn down and put both into the trucks that move them to storage or back to the companies ef rented them from, and an order in which they must be put into storage… so to keep the current schedule, as inconvincing as it might be, Sunday will already be teardown day, and that means Eurofurence's furniture additions as well.
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits

StormEngineer

• Crazy Unicorn
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #67 on: 21.09.2016, 17:28:51 »

Still no info about the Art Show awards. Seems like finding Jimmy Hoffa will be easier than finding out who got those awards.
Sic itur ad astra per aspera.

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #68 on: 25.09.2016, 22:06:27 »

Art Show Awards:

Guest of Honor: Rivalmit, "Fire Bird: Phoenix"
(no single image online, but here are some group pictures; the piece in question is the yellow-rimmed orange bird in the middle)
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/20814842/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/20850744/

Chairman: Rivalmit, "Akulatraxas Dragon Companion"
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/20962383/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/18918672/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/18948761/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/19709101/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/19708781/

Art Show Manager 1: Ragna, "Void Dragon"
https://www.weasyl.com/submission/1339367/void-dragon

Art Show Manager 2: Winterbalg, "Eternal Companions"
(no image online)

Akulatraxas

• Programming
« Reply #69 on: 27.09.2016, 14:44:22 »

@Cairyn: I think Ysegrim might have pictures including the awards?

I can help with a turnaround of the phoenix:
https://rivalmit.com/reel/2aa4a0d1351752282d50e02a59f5e685

A turnaround of the Dragon
https://rivalmit.com/reel/7e96dbfec278c80da539e7e0da573d56

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #70 on: 27.09.2016, 15:24:47 »

Yes (partially), but we cannot just make photos of other people's art and then publish it without permission.

Starting next year, we will ensure that the Art Show Rules include obtaining the rights for such images automatically, so we can publish the photos in the Daily Eurofurence and on the EF web site.

ysegrim

• Superhero
  • Stage Team
« Reply #71 on: 27.09.2016, 16:16:37 »

Yes (partially), but we cannot just make photos of other people's art and then publish it without permission.

I do not keep any photos of items from the art auction (with the exception of items that were either displayed in the public area outside Art Show/DDen, like the banners/standees/... from the charity auction, or from items my partner or I bought). In other words, when EF is over I don't have any pictures that any other con attendee would be allowed to have. This said, since I bought "Eternal Companions", I can ask Winterbalg whether I can make that picture available. Can't do anything for the other items, though.

Starting next year, we will ensure that the Art Show Rules include obtaining the rights for such images automatically, so we can publish the photos in the Daily Eurofurence and on the EF web site.

Great! (I assume, for now, that this will only be for awarded pieces, and that I'll hand over these pictures to the Art Show management during EF.)

Akulatraxas

• Programming
« Reply #72 on: 27.09.2016, 16:22:46 »

Nice! :)

In other words, when EF is over I don't have any pictures that any other con attendee would be allowed to have. This said, since I bought "Eternal Companions", I can ask Winterbalg whether I can make that picture available. Can't do anything for the other items, though.

I can give you the permission for the sculptures, if you need them.

And I can ask Ragna if you want :)

ysegrim

• Superhero
  • Stage Team
« Reply #73 on: 27.09.2016, 21:50:44 »

I can give you the permission for the sculptures, if you need them.
And I can ask Ragna if you want :)
Sorry, I don't have these pictures any longer :)

I just got the permission from Winterbalg to post her pic -- she will provide a better version as soon as she's back.

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #74 on: 27.09.2016, 22:32:53 »

I still have the pictures - "Void Dragon" is missing though, so no "award picture" exists.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up