Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The stream  (Read 8220 times)

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
The stream
« on: 22.08.2016, 21:23:23 »

Aaaah yes, the good old stream of EF. What can I say about it this year. It was good. Not bad. But also not excellent. During the fursuitfriendly dance even the sound went IUHKJHKJHKJHHHJKHKHJHGHGHG........ Thank goodness Tillikum jumped in and fixed it. Few minutes later while our poor ears were getting smushed by that horrible sound that was... the stream. But thanks, Tilli for fixing that. Better late than never heh.

There was even a case when one part was playing and the other part went silent. (Some popsong overtook the video, wanted some more screentime methinks...) But also THAT was later on fixed. Thank you furs of the tech department.

And even later on a few days this happened:

What in the wooooorld was that?! I wanted to see EF PRIME, not some..... whateverthatthingwas.... Shoo shoo! (I think that was on day 2)
And not to mention the laaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggg during the paw pet show. Mein Himmel!

But on another thing: the twitter bar was nice and snappy! Even so, that my tweets were on the screen several times! YAY!

But keep it up you furs! I really (mostly!) enjoyed the livestream and I hope to see you all (hopefully) in true life next year!  ;D
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3

Santa fox

Re: The stream
« Reply #1 on: 22.08.2016, 23:28:31 »

Didn't have much trouble with the EF Prime channel in Wing 4, except on the first and last day, which I can understand. A really good job, as far as I am aware.

RedFoxy

• RedFoxy.it - Home of fox
« Reply #2 on: 23.08.2016, 14:52:09 »

Fursuit game show wasn't in BBF Tv :P

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #3 on: 23.08.2016, 19:30:52 »

I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Quincy the Raccoon

« Reply #4 on: 24.08.2016, 21:24:28 »

Fursuit game show wasn't in BBF Tv :P
Nono, the dance, not the game show!  :)

Quincy the Raccoon

« Reply #5 on: 24.08.2016, 21:33:14 »

VulpesRex

« Reply #6 on: 25.08.2016, 01:35:21 »

On 22 August, Quincy the Raccoon asked:

What in the wooooorld was that?! I wanted to see EF PRIME, not some..... whateverthatthingwas.... Shoo shoo! (I think that was on day 2)

"That" is a Test Pattern. In the ancient early days of television, before flat-screen or even color technology, Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) display s required alignment.  the test pattern was traditionally broadcast after the end of daily scheduled programming but before the station went off the air, to provide TV repair technicians in their repair shops with a standard collection of images to align or calibrate TV receivers.  These included a crosshatch screen to adjust linearity (all the squares are in fact square, of uniform size in all areas of the screen, and all vertical and horizontal lines are straight; when color TVs came into use, that all three electron beams converged to form single white line instead of diverging into not-quite-overlapping RGB lines), a gray scale, a screen resolution scale, and color "swatches", to help diagnose misalignment or other issues requiring repair.

Test patterns are no longer needed, as first shop test equipment  became relatively cheap and available, and modern digital HD has rendered them almostly unnecessary (like TV repair shops themselves), but they are still used in studios to check and compare studio monitors.

Essentially, EF1 is a broadcast studio...and when there is no other programming or the video source feed is lost, this is what the system is programmed to transmit in its place.

...Or so I believe, as I'm not involved with the EF1 operations.

~VulpesRex, ancient electronics technician
"Real radios glow in the dark!"
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #7 on: 25.08.2016, 19:53:35 »

Only thing I didn't like was the friggin emoji and awoo spam by people. Because it seems to be soooo funny to see the same characters for 30sec on the screen...

James The Dog

« Reply #8 on: 25.08.2016, 20:13:14 »

I noticed though that the TV in the fursuit lounge was just showing the test card all the time this year. I'm sure in previous years it was showing a stream of the stage events when the dances were on.

Quincy the Raccoon

« Reply #9 on: 25.08.2016, 21:03:03 »

Only thing I didn't like was the friggin emoji and awoo spam by people. Because it seems to be soooo funny to see the same characters for 30sec on the screen...
THAT was annoying! It really was.  :slap:
Pages: [1]   Go Up