Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurofurence 22 - Back to the 80’s; The Memories of two Skunks:  (Read 5881 times)

CubOCoffee

Tuesday:
We started our tour towards Berlin early and arrived at about 14:00. We would have been there earlier but the S-Bahn service was interrupted by someone hitting the bridge at the Sonnenallee-Station.
The Check-In line appeared quite long but we only had to wait for a few minutes. there were already some fursuiters around. The room we got was a standard twin room, which is sad, because last time I had a twin room with wheel chair access and that was almost twice as big. We then went to Potsdamer Platz and ate at Tony Roma’s famous Ribs restaurant. The shopping mall was rather disappointing, so we went back to the hotel (it took a long, hot busride to get there because we didn’t want to take the S-Bahn again). There we sat in the lobby, drinking beer and watching furries. I (CubO’Coffee) changed into my Tribble the Fox fursuit and made my first round in the hotel. We saw a nice ridable dog, which was only to be used the next day for charity. Sadly I missed every opportunity to ride one of these riddles afterwards. The t-shirts were great. Well the first one in XXL was rather tight, so we exchanged them for 4XL. Now we had two tents. So we changed them again for a XXXL. The are a bit big but it works. Since there were two different types of t-shirts the sizes varied a lot. They really should have all the sizes available to hold them on and see the actual size before one buys them.

Wednesday:
Breakfast was alright, but for a four star hotel I would have expected more. CubCake really liked the breakfast :), maybe because she does not know any better. We then walked around and took many, many pictures of some nice fursuits. We also met Uncle Kage and gave him a small, needle felted wine bottle. Apparently he liked the very dry wine.
Then finally, the Skunks Smelly (CubCake) and Stinky (CubO’Coffee) made their debut in the hotel lobby and the other rooms. Fursuiting: Tunnel vision, hearing impairment, difficulty grasping anything with the paws, feet, that are longer than normal, difficulty breathing and sweating like a … But hey, somehow it is worth it.
When the Art Show Setup started, we positioned all thirteen of CubCakes needle felted Artwork and also peeked a bit at the other exhibits.
The bouncy castles were a nice idea, even if we did not use them.

- Opening Ceremony
Well, that was the usual introduction of all the important people. Nicely done with theme music from the eighties for every board member.
- Open Microphone
It was different, but not that exciting, so we left after about half an hour.

No dancing this evening? Instead I stood in line to get a slot for the photo shoot. There was no real line until some con helpers put in separation poles. When the computer system finally worked too, the slots went really fast.

Thursday:
MathWufky got his little Mini-Me made by CubCake. He was quite happy about that.
Otter Noses!! All the non-Germans were at a loss about this joke. I don’t think Brian sold otter noses in the english version. The sad thing was, that even the Germans did not understand my joke when I asked them for Zaunkönig-Lebern or told them I don’t eat that imperialistic crap.
The moment the Dealer’s Den opened, I went inside and made my way to TaniDaReal to get our mood cards for the skunks and I also got one of the calendars depicting Furries in bath towels.

- Your First Furry Convention
For me it was not the first furry con and I already knew the standard behavior rules, but there were a few newbies there including CubCake. Sadly, the ones attending this event, are not the ones who actually need that. The ones misbehaving would not understand that their actions are wrong anyway. I was lifted up by a rather enthusiastic visitor, which was a bit much.
- Real World Furries?
Well, this was a discussion about the morality of creating a new species into an alien environment.
- Fursuit Photo Shoot
Just before the parade we had our slot and now we are hoping for some really good pictures.
- Fursuit Parade
Hey, we really stunk up the parade, when the two Skunks strolled around. Stinky gave away some roses to some nice girls, including two hotel maids, which where quite happy about that. Sadly, there was no group photo at the end, like last year.
- Uncle Kage’s Story Hour
So, the old man rants about as usual. There were some new stories for me, but this is only my third con so far.
- Fursuit Group Photo
The new room was a nice idea as where the lines to stand upon.
- Fursuit Friendly Dance
Two skunks dancing. There is a nice picture. The LED-Sticks where fun. CubCake used one to keep her mouth open and could breathe better this way.

Friday:
We finally gave Jenna the Jenna-Math-Hybrid-Baby she wanted. Needle felted of course. BigBlueFox also got a little Mini-Me.
We ate a nice steak at the Italian restaurant and they even had sweet potato chips.
The attendees of the Stars in Concert (Muggles) were strange. A pair of old „Ladies“ grasped CubCake and me and took a photo. They did not ask, but just grabbed us. Well, apparently wearing a fursuit is consent.

- Group Photo
This time Tribble the Fox was there, as CubCake was selling her needle felted art in the artist alley. Next to him was a very nice and cuddly white wolferette. Hello, there.
- The Fursuit Game Show
Well, we were lost a few times but all in all it was nice.
- Enter The Arena
Look at that bubble butt! She deserved the first place. The documentary movie was really nice, since Stinky had an appearance in it as well.
- 80’ s Dance
No real 80’s music? Last year it was a lot better. I hope for next year.

Saturday:
CubCake sat again in the Artist Alley and even sold some of her needle felted animals. Thus we missed the MotorFurs with a real DeLorean, but CubO’Coffee took some pictures from the Rotunda (where the Artist Alley was situated). Later we went to pick up the unsold items from the Artshow (only one piece sold, Ratatösk the squirrel for 50 € to Jumpy, who played bass in the Charity Concert). Next year CubCake will take less items with her and rather have animals than furries.
- Charity Concert
We didn’t start the fire. The fire marshall in me jumped up within a microsecond. Since the alarm was not that loud, no-one took it seriously and luckily it was a false alarm. There at last were some nice eighties songs. Really good performance, just a bit short.
- Closing Ceremony
Short, simple. And we are done.
- The Pawpet Show: „Goldeneyes“
Everybody laughed at the blowjob scene and now they are all complaining about it in the forums. The sexually extroverted Potami was a nice touch. Would it have been the other way around, Raindancer would have been quite a pervert for making these strong suggestions. I am considering making the two as fursuits for next year. Maybe. For CubCake this was the highlight of the Con, she really enjoyed it.
- Big Blue Dance
We preferred this to the 80’s dance the day before. We even caught a special dance by a few of the dance competition dancers.

The headless lounge was only guarded during the day. During the dances there were some guys sitting there but they were not guards. As a result there were muggles inside the lounge. Another disgusting thing was The Food in The Lounge. The Gummi Food was basically alright , but I ended up with fur between my teeth. And it was not mine!
The small headless lounge was not really good, because the workers there passed through it looking bewildered / amused at the fursuiters and they were smoking whilst passing through. That did not feel right.

Sunday:
Sadly, we had no chance to take a final round in our fursuits, because we had to catch our train home. And it was over too fast. Why can’t it last a few days longer???

All the complaints above result in -3 Points as the rest results in +10 Points.
A big minus was that we did not meet Jenna in her fursuit.
Oh and there were many, many, many Pokemons.
Anyone who finds spelling mistakes may keep them.
« Last Edit: 28.08.2016, 18:12:37 by CubOCoffee »

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
    • Twillight (perfoIllusion) on YouTube

Oh ich wußte garnicht das ihr Deutsche seid.^^
Oh I did not know that you are German. ^^
Die Deutschen müssen mein Englisch nicht verstehen können, oder schön finden.  Es reicht wenn sie mein Deutsch verstehen. Wichtiger ist es das englisch sprachige Leute mein Englisch verstehen, auch wenn es nicht gut ist.

Sheena-Tiger

• Convention Security Operative
    • Sheena-Tiger spielt! (German YT-LP)

The headless lounge was only guarded during the day. During the dances there were some guys sitting there but they were not guards. As a result there were muggles inside the lounge. Another disgusting thing was The Food in The Lounge. The Gummi Food was basically alright , but I ended up with fur between my teeth. And it was not mine!
The small headless lounge was not really good, because the workers there passed through it looking bewildered / amused at the fursuiters and they were smoking whilst passing through. That did not feel right.

Please report non-suiters as fast as possible to the teams... either fursuit-team or security.
We need to know this to do something, and in case of those workers, maybe work something out with them or the hotel.

Otherwise, sounds as you 2 had quite the time :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up