Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback - EF 22 - Restaurants and Show-Your-Badge  (Read 9375 times)

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories

Have you been eating or shopping outside of the hotel, in the local area ?
Would you like to recommend any of the restaurants or stores for the show-your-badge program ?

We would love to get your input and hear about experiences.

(Sidenote: The issue with the indian Shaan restaurant on the first day was based on a misunderstanding and was solved on the same day.)
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Torajin

Re: Feedback - EF 22 - Restaurants and Show-Your-Badge
« Reply #1 on: 23.08.2016, 09:29:20 »

I don't remember, was Louis on the list?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187323-d1021582-Reviews-Restaurant_Louis-Berlin.html

A lot of furs ate there and they are very friendly. They serve one of the largest schnitzel I have ever seen.

OmniSable

• MUSTELID! 83
« Reply #2 on: 23.08.2016, 14:36:41 »

It is enormous. I don't recommend eating it alone.

I was eating there in 2014, it was the same.
Enjoy the moment, yet keep going.

https://twitter.com/OmniSable

Carenath

• Convention Security Operative
« Reply #3 on: 23.08.2016, 17:53:16 »

I don't remember, was Louis on the list?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187323-d1021582-Reviews-Restaurant_Louis-Berlin.html

A lot of furs ate there and they are very friendly. They serve one of the largest schnitzel I have ever seen.
I would absolutely second this, went there in 2014 and intentionally ordered the XXL Schnitzel, half of which I ended up eating the following day but it was just tooo good. They have good food (besides the schnitzel) and the owner is a lovely gentleman. Recommend it wholeheartedly if you are going with a modest to large group.

There was also a nice pizza place that I went to last year, good pizza and good Banan-Hefe or however you call it.
Die Gedanken sind frei. Ausnahme regelt ein Bundesgesetz

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #4 on: 23.08.2016, 22:36:30 »

Louis already confirmed that they want to be part of the program next year.
They were also impressed with how nice and friendly furry clients were.
Keep that up.
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Moose

« Reply #5 on: 23.08.2016, 23:19:13 »

The Cafe Dritter Raum was also really nice.
I don't think they had many coming from the con - actually I think I was the only one.
However they sounded very positive about the con and I can recommend going there for some coffee and a panini in the morning.

Kyera

• Fluffy Mare
« Reply #6 on: 24.08.2016, 12:59:08 »

I'm a little sad about adding the first negative feedback to this topic, but oh well...

I was in the indian restaurant Shaan and didn't really have a good time. The quality was sub-par compared to other indian restaurants I know in Berlin and yet Shaan is pretty expensive. They were also very slow, despite not having a full house, the food just took way more than an hour to arrive and the portions were really small. They also made several mistakes around the orders and in general didn't really feel that helpful. Added up all above that, I also ended up paying full price for the dinner, the "show your badge" discount wasn't applied.

Token

• Convention Security Operative
  • *nom nom nom*
« Reply #7 on: 25.08.2016, 22:06:58 »

I do not know if there were two 'Shaan' restaurants… but I can share my own bit to this:

We were also there and also did not get an discount, despite us explaining it. DarkRat said tried to clear this up and got from someone(?) the note, that it should be cleared up and that they now know to give us a discount. That was BEFORE we heard from other going there later who were again charged the full price.

Unless there is some major misunderstanding or there are multiple Shaan restaurants, I feel bluntly ripped off. Would love to hear if someone could clear this up and if I they need to add them to my wall of shame!

o.o

Token

Kyera

• Fluffy Mare
« Reply #8 on: 25.08.2016, 22:14:10 »

I do not know if there were two 'Shaan' restaurants…
Actually there are three, but only one is in walking distance to the Estrel and there were almost only furries there when I've been there.

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #9 on: 26.08.2016, 08:55:44 »

I'm a little sad about adding the first negative feedback to this topic, but oh well...

I was in the indian restaurant Shaan and didn't really have a good time. The quality was sub-par compared to other indian restaurants I know in Berlin and yet Shaan is pretty expensive. They were also very slow, despite not having a full house, the food just took way more than an hour to arrive and the portions were really small. They also made several mistakes around the orders and in general didn't really feel that helpful. Added up all above that, I also ended up paying full price for the dinner, the "show your badge" discount wasn't applied.

I went there with a few friends and we had exactly the same experience as you: slow service, order mistakes and forgotten discount :(

Strangewolf

• Registration
« Reply #10 on: 27.08.2016, 15:01:47 »

Have been there 2 times: Never got discount (tuesday and sunday).
Service was rather slow and they fogot to tell us about the free/cleaned table... but well, food wasn't bad and prices okay.

Foxen

« Reply #11 on: 27.08.2016, 15:19:58 »

We were two times at Shaan. We were denied discount - they claimed that the period for the discounts had run out.
Service is rather slow. They also made mistakes with the order, and they got rather unfriendly when this was pointed out (no, I won't accept a #25 when I ordered #26).

All food taste the same there too...
Pages: [1]   Go Up