Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF22: Telegram/twitter bot, new mobile app  (Read 7419 times)

RedFoxy

• RedFoxy.it - Home of fox
EF22: Telegram/twitter bot, new mobile app
« on: 23.08.2016, 15:41:24 »

The Telegram notifications group was a cool and useful news, I love it!
As I like new iOS App (I've not Android or Windows phone, than I don't know about that), but it haven't alert system about event that I wanna follow or a way to add it to my mobile calendar...

Why don't you add a new telegram/twitter bot with incoming events? every time that a new event is near to starts it sent a messages about it, like on the BBT Tv notifications "Event ABC is coming in 30 minutes at ZXY room"

Sheena-Tiger

• Convention Security Operative
    • Sheena-Tiger spielt! (German YT-LP)
Re: EF22: Telegram/twitter bot, new mobile app
« Reply #1 on: 23.08.2016, 20:39:13 »

I'd like to add an issue I had twittered already, but I doubt it was very visible with the amount of tweets ^^

There are people like me, who do _not_ have the newest iphones which are able to sport iOS8... my phone is stuck on 7 and while my tablet has the needed OS it is not useful due to it's size, especially as Security as it would constantly occupy one hand, just to have it ready if I need to show an attendee where a certain room is and how he can get there or some other questions.

All in all though, what I could see on the tablet, the app looked very good, my only issue is that with the OS-version.

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Dealers Den
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #2 on: 25.08.2016, 11:44:18 »

The Telegram notifications group was a cool and useful news, I love it!
As I like new iOS App (I've not Android or Windows phone, than I don't know about that), but it haven't alert system about event that I wanna follow or a way to add it to my mobile calendar...

Why don't you add a new telegram/twitter bot with incoming events? every time that a new event is near to starts it sent a messages about it, like on the BBT Tv notifications "Event ABC is coming in 30 minutes at ZXY room"

Hmmm... funny... my smartphone reminded me 30 minutes before every event I marked with a heart took place. I used an Android and it worked perfectly.
Did you mark your events, that they showed up at your in app "front page"?

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #3 on: 26.08.2016, 09:03:14 »

about the new mobile app, it's not possible to zoom on the dealers den map enough to correctly read some of the text.
maybe it's a device specific issue? anyway it made the mobile app's dealers den map mostly useless and I ended downloading the dealers den map from the forum

Pattarchus

• Dealers Den
  • Dealers' Den / Opening / Local Affairs / Conbook
    • Fur Affinity Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28.08.2016, 11:01:49 »

There are people like me, who do _not_ have the newest iphones which are able to sport iOS8... my phone is stuck on 7

I fully understand that you can't always have the newest generation when it comes to a smartphone, but iOS 8 was released back in 2014. In the last 2 years and (soon) 2 major releases of iOS a lot of issues have been discovered that have been fixed. And I am just talking about security issues right now. There is a lot more happening in the background when it comes to API changes et cetera.

If your phone is stuck to iOS 7, it's at least 6 years old or even older. I am very sorry to say that, but you can't expect developers to consider such old devices and all their issues. As you can see here (https://developer.apple.com/support/app-store/) the market share of older versions than iOS 8 is 3% measured on August 15th.
Dealers' Den / After Dark Dealers' Den
Opening Ceremony
Local Affairs / Show-Your-Badge Program
Conbook

---
Twitter: @pattarchus
Telegram: Pattarchus

Carenath

« Reply #5 on: 28.08.2016, 15:21:34 »

The new EF Mobile App is a delight, it's effectively a pocket con-book and places a lot of useful information front-and-centre which along with the maps were incredibly useful for me.

There were no issues I encountered with the app itself, so a big thank you to those responsible for it.
Die Gedanken sind frei. Ausnahme regelt ein Bundesgesetz

Sheena-Tiger

• Sheena-Tiger spielt! (German YT-LP)
« Reply #6 on: 28.08.2016, 20:51:43 »

There are people like me, who do _not_ have the newest iphones which are able to sport iOS8... my phone is stuck on 7

I fully understand that you can't always have the newest generation when it comes to a smartphone, but iOS 8 was released back in 2014. In the last 2 years and (soon) 2 major releases of iOS a lot of issues have been discovered that have been fixed. And I am just talking about security issues right now. There is a lot more happening in the background when it comes to API changes et cetera.

If your phone is stuck to iOS 7, it's at least 6 years old or even older. I am very sorry to say that, but you can't expect developers to consider such old devices and all their issues. As you can see here (https://developer.apple.com/support/app-store/) the market share of older versions than iOS 8 is 3% measured on August 15th.

I knnow this kind of issue, was part of me being apprentice as "Fachinformatiker (Anwendungsentwicklung)" but still  I think it needs to be mentioned.
Yes... I only own an iPhone 4s... no more updates -.- but I do not have the money to spend on a new phone while the old one is working fine ^^ ... *glares at his employer who just needs to put down a signature on a document and a boost happens including payment for several missed months...*
Pages: [1]   Go Up