Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback EF22 80's Dance.  (Read 11306 times)

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
    • Twillight (perfoIllusion) on YouTube
Feedback EF22 80's Dance.
« on: 24.08.2016, 00:42:40 »

Im Namen aller Dj's , die am 80'th Dance teilgenommen haben, würde ich gerne wissen wie es euch gefallen hat.

Eure Meinungen, Kritik und Anregungen sind sehr erwünscht!!

Mein Fazit:

Es war mir eine große Ehre wieder als Dj  mit Vinyls mitmachen zu dürfen.
Grosses Lob an MaiFundi und alle andere im Dj Team.  Ihr ward sau geil!!!

Großes Lob auch an alle die mit der Technik zutun hatten!! So geil haben meine Platten noch nie auf einem Dance geklungen!!

Aber eine kleine Kritik habe ich dann doch: Ein kleiner Kasten Wasser oder Six-Pack  (auch wenn es das aller billigste Wasser gewesen wäre) für die Dj's hinter der Bühne wäre toll gewesen.
Großes Lob an MaiFundi der dann noch für etwas Wasser für die Dj's gesorgt hat!!!

On behalf of all Dj's, who participated in the 80'th Dance, I would like to know how you liked it.

Your opinions, comments and suggestions are very welcome !!

My conclusion:

It was to be allowed to join a great honor again as Dj with vinyl.
Large compliment to MaiFundi and all others in Dj Team. You were extreme great.

Kudos also to all who have to do with art !! So hot my records have never sounded on a Dance !!

But a small criticism I have: A small box of water or six-pack (even if it would have been the cheapest of all the water) for the Dj's backstage would have been great.
Kudos to MaiFundi has still caused some water for the Dj's !!!
« Last Edit: 28.08.2016, 20:08:42 by Cheetah »
Die Deutschen müssen mein Englisch nicht verstehen können, oder schön finden.  Es reicht wenn sie mein Deutsch verstehen. Wichtiger ist es das englisch sprachige Leute mein Englisch verstehen, auch wenn es nicht gut ist.

Lutra

• Nature is the best artist.
Re: Feedback EF22 80'th Dance.
« Reply #1 on: 24.08.2016, 10:11:01 »

I absolutely enjoyed the dances. Great music with great DJs :)
Thanks a lot ;)

Luxen

• The Daily Eurofurence
    • Furry.ch - das Schweizer Furry Portal
« Reply #2 on: 24.08.2016, 22:41:37 »

As far as I saw, it was a really popular dance with a crowded floor, at least in the first hours. I think many people love the change in pace and musical style. It's awesome, that our dances are so diverse!

Well done, DJs and organisers! I have't heard a single bad thing about the dance(s) so far.

I hope the 80s dance will return next year. Maybe as a mixed 80/90 dance, so we get our fill of cheesy europop hymns? :3

Compliments to the light and laser operators, by the way. Many people I spoked to were praising how awesome the light show looked this year. I think your work really made a difference! This applies to all three dances.
The Daily Eurofurence:
Now all issues available at www.eurofurence.org/EF22/daily

CleanerWolf

• Camera Crew
  • Video Team
  • Lupine furry freak
« Reply #3 on: 28.08.2016, 00:49:13 »

The 80s dance was THE party highlight for me, it became better and better every year!  :D
The only complaint from my side would be, that on an 80s party I expect the ORIGINAL songs to be played and not some boring remixes. Especially "Ghostbusters" got ruined terribly this way. So please, dear DJs, just play the ORIGINAL songs, they are awesome, don't mess around with them.
I really hope, that this event will return next year, I loved it so much!

Furry conventions are like light bubbles in a dark ocean.

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
« Reply #4 on: 28.08.2016, 11:52:52 »

The 80s dance was THE party highlight for me, it became better and better every year!  :D
The only complaint from my side would be, that on an 80s party I expect the ORIGINAL songs to be played and not some boring remixes. Especially "Ghostbusters" got ruined terribly this way. So please, dear DJs, just play the ORIGINAL songs, they are awesome, don't mess around with them.
I really hope, that this event will return next year, I loved it so much!

Hi^^ I was with my part as from about 1:10pm to  I think off 2:00 o'clock and have to depose me from the others, no mixing and playing pure original from the late Eighties of my vinyl Records. Because in that case, I'm also a purist like you !! :)
And that made a clear contrast, because of the variety. For the people who do not so much like this mixing plant.
Did you hear my part? Do you like the songs from this?

Ich war mit meinem Part so von ca.1 Uhr 10 bis ich glaube 2 Uhr dran und habe, um mich von den anderen abzusetzen, nicht gemixt und nur pure originale aus den achzigern  von meinen Vinyl Platten gespielt.  Denn in dem Fall bin ich auch Purist wie du!! :)
Und damit einen klaren Gegensatz gemacht, wegen der Abwechslung.  Für die Leute, die diese Mischerei auch nicht so sehr mögen.
Hast du meinen Part gehört? Haben dir die Songs daraus gefallen?
« Last Edit: 28.08.2016, 13:52:23 by Twillight »
Die Deutschen müssen mein Englisch nicht verstehen können, oder schön finden.  Es reicht wenn sie mein Deutsch verstehen. Wichtiger ist es das englisch sprachige Leute mein Englisch verstehen, auch wenn es nicht gut ist.

karpour

• Charity
  • Roo!
    • ohnitsch
« Reply #5 on: 28.08.2016, 12:43:13 »

I loved it! I forgot when I was there, but when I was there it was only un-remixed 80s song and the dancefloor was on fire :D

I do like the idea of 80s/90s for next year! (Since an ancient Egyptian dance might be a little weird)

Shane

« Reply #6 on: 28.08.2016, 13:56:08 »

that ef was much better then last year

i think only some cool music from 80ths are missing on the 80 dance

and the music from the other dances is mostly the same- Alot people dont like it

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
« Reply #7 on: 28.08.2016, 17:55:57 »

i think only some cool music from 80ths are missing on the 80 dance

What song or music you missed?

Welche Songs oder Musik hast du vermisst?

Denucard

• Catgroove
    • my FA
« Reply #8 on: 28.08.2016, 18:03:18 »

I really really hope the 80s Dance will return next year too! :D lots of fluffs adore that music! There's also quite a few songs that could fit the next year's theme (The Bangles - Walk like an Egyptian *hinthint*), but regardless the music from that period is great and there's a great variety of songs to play through.
Must say, took me by surprise to hear the really good stuff near the end of the event... should totes include them in the beginning too! And even more!

Kudos for playing the actual vinyls.  ;)

PS: Im surprised that songs with an animal theme in them weren't played (Hungry like the Wolf, Cat scratch fever, Tiger feet, Cry wolf, etc...) considering this is a furcon, unless it'd be a bit of an overkill??
cat class, cat style

CleanerWolf

• Camera Crew
  • Video Team
  • Lupine furry freak
« Reply #9 on: 28.08.2016, 23:30:15 »

Ich war mit meinem Part so von ca.1 Uhr 10 bis ich glaube 2 Uhr dran und habe, um mich von den anderen abzusetzen, nicht gemixt und nur pure originale aus den achzigern  von meinen Vinyl Platten gespielt.  Denn in dem Fall bin ich auch Purist wie du!! :)
Und damit einen klaren Gegensatz gemacht, wegen der Abwechslung.  Für die Leute, die diese Mischerei auch nicht so sehr mögen.
Deine Songauswahl war etwas durchwachsen. Du hast offenbar von einigen Songs die "Extended"-Versionen gespielt, das war für den Dance zu lang und eintönig. Mit dem schwülstigen "Tainted Love" hast Du leider den Dancefloor geleert. Zwischendurch mal was zum Kuscheln zu spielen ist kein Problem, solange man danach das Tempo und die Energie wieder erhöht. Beobachte einfach die Menge. Schunkeln die Leute nur gelangweilt hin- und her und warten auf den nächsten Song, verlassen sie vielleicht sogar die Tanzfläche? Dann sollte man halt schnell reagieren und was mit mehr Power auflegen.
Etwas besser wurde es erst ab ca. 2:30, da füllte sich zumindest die Bühne wieder mit Leuten.

Der Kommentar zu den Remixes war primär an Krauti gerichtet, da wurde ungefähr eine halbe Stunde ein eintöniger Rhythmus gespielt in den dann Versatzstücke aus 80er-Klassikern gesampelt waren, das hat mich jedenfalls nach ner Weile von der Tanzfläche vertrieben.

Aber mein "Gemecker" bitte nicht falsch verstehen, Ihr habt insgesamt nen geilen Job gemacht und ich bin Allen dankbar, die an diesem Event mitgewirkt haben :)
« Last Edit: 29.08.2016, 02:07:18 by CleanerWolf »
Furry conventions are like light bubbles in a dark ocean.

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
« Reply #10 on: 29.08.2016, 16:57:18 »

Deine Songauswahl war etwas durchwachsen. Du hast offenbar von einigen Songs die "Extended"-Versionen gespielt, das war für den Dance zu lang und eintönig. Mit dem schwülstigen "Tainted Love" hast Du leider den Dancefloor geleert. Zwischendurch mal was zum Kuscheln zu spielen ist kein Problem, solange man danach das Tempo und die Energie wieder erhöht. Beobachte einfach die Menge. Schunkeln die Leute nur gelangweilt hin- und her und warten auf den nächsten Song, verlassen sie vielleicht sogar die Tanzfläche? Dann sollte man halt schnell reagieren und was mit mehr Power auflegen.
Etwas besser wurde es erst ab ca. 2:30, da füllte sich zumindest die Bühne wieder mit Leuten.

Tja, manchmal liegt man halt mit der Auswahl daneben.  Sorry.  Ich war froh das ich dieses Jahr mit meinen Platten wieder dabei sein durfte. Ich dachte bei mir, hey so schlecht scheine ich beim ersten Mal nicht gewesen zu sein. :)
Ich habe aber auch Lob für meinen Part bekommen, jetzt grad nicht von Leuten die hier schreiben, aber persönlich.
Wenn es einen weiteren Eighties Dance geben sollte und ich eine weitere Chance bekommen sollte, versuche ich es besser zu machen.
Mehr kann ich zur Zeit nicht sagen.

Da die anderen Dj's  wohl wesentlich besser waren als ich, gebührt das Lob eher ihnen als mir. Den Großteil haben die anderen ja gemacht, ich habe ja nur die Vinyls mitgebracht und für eine kurze Zeit Vinyls aufgelegt.  Alles andere haben die anderen ja gemacht.

Well, sometimes you just located next to the selection. Sorry. I was glad that I with my records could be there again this year. I thought to myself, hey so bad I do not seem to have been the first time. :)
But I also get praise for my part, now do not write the degree of people here, but personally.
If there should be another Eighties Dance and I should get another chance, I will try to do better.
More I can not say at the moment.

Since the other Dj's were probably much better than I, the Praise rather them than me.  I only brought the vinyls and play for an short time vinyls. Everything else the others have done so.

Blue Raptor

Re: Feedback EF22 80's Dance.
« Reply #11 on: 30.08.2016, 20:00:10 »

I sadly missed the start because of a panel (and then had to change suit), but whenever I tried around 2 am to 3, the music was either some weird mix that very rarely had a distorted line or tune from an 80s song, and later on had nothing to do with the 80s at all. I found that not good because it is called "The 80s Dance", at a convention themed "Back To The 80s". It should thus, in my opinion, be 80s, period.
(Yes there are enough 80s songs to fill to way more than the entire time, plus I am sure noone minds if you repeat a song after 4 hours.)

But the Big Blue Dance was surprisingly nicley 80s-y at the start with some almost original versions that we all got to sing along to for that! :)
Rah, I say.

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
« Reply #12 on: 30.08.2016, 20:59:03 »

I sadly missed the start because of a panel (and then had to change suit), but whenever I tried around 2 am to 3, the music was either some weird mix that very rarely had a distorted line or tune from an 80s song, and later on had nothing to do with the 80s at all. I found that not good because it is called "The 80s Dance", at a convention themed "Back To The 80s". It should thus, in my opinion, be 80s, period.
(Yes there are enough 80s songs to fill to way more than the entire time, plus I am sure noone minds if you repeat a song after 4 hours.)

But the Big Blue Dance was surprisingly nicley 80s-y at the start with some almost original versions that we all got to sing along to for that! :)

Do you think that songs like: "ICE IN THE SUNSHINE", "TAINTED LOVE" or "BEAT DIS" have nothing to do with the Eighties? I play only pure originals from the Eighties.  Trust me!!!

Which 80'is Dance were you? Of course we also had songs like "GHOSTBUSTERS" and so on.

Blue Raptor

« Reply #13 on: 30.08.2016, 23:11:38 »

Do you think that songs like: "ICE IN THE SUNSHINE", "TAINTED LOVE" or "BEAT DIS" have nothing to do with the Eighties? I play only pure originals from the Eighties.  Trust me!!!

Which 80'is Dance were you? Of course we also had songs like "GHOSTBUSTERS" and so on.

Like I wrote, I am not talking about the first 3 or 4 hours, where I heard from others that it had that which what you write about.
Rah, I say.

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
« Reply #14 on: 31.08.2016, 00:31:37 »

Like I wrote, I am not talking about the first 3 or 4 hours, where I heard from others that it had that which what you write about.

Oh okey. Than sorry.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up