Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The new booking process  (Read 27126 times)

Mryia

• Supreme Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels
The new booking process
« on: 12.11.2016, 14:53:15 »

Since credit cards are rather uncommon in Germany, and many many Germans just don't own one:

- Is it possible to use someone else's credit card for the booking (friend's or relatives')?

- Is it possible to use prepaid credit cards (I know some shops don't accept them)?

Any info would be approciated. :)

Thanks in advance,
Mryia

Fenrikur

• IT Department
  • ~ Art Show & Other Things™ ~ Random Helper Wolf ~
    • Twitter – @Fenrikur
Re: The new booking process
« Reply #1 on: 12.11.2016, 15:26:49 »

Since credit cards are rather uncommon in Germany, and many many Germans just don't own one:

- Is it possible to use someone else's credit card for the booking (friend's or relatives')?

According to the announcement: Probably, yes, as long as they agree to it.

- Is it possible to use prepaid credit cards (I know some shops don't accept them)?

According to the announcement: Yes, see the attached file.

Any info would be approciated. :)

Thanks in advance,
Mryia

Thanks for thoroughly reading the announcement! (=
“Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I could be wrong.”
― Terry Pratchett

Mryia

• Supreme Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels
« Reply #2 on: 12.11.2016, 18:27:27 »

Ah damn, I've overseen that... shame on me. :)
But thanks for the information, all is clear now.

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #3 on: 13.11.2016, 22:54:04 »

This raccoon is NOT PLEASED in the least. Sorry. Since I have no credit card (and I don't know who has!) I can kiss EF goodbye...  :-[
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #4 on: 13.11.2016, 23:03:23 »

This raccoon is NOT PLEASED in the least. Sorry. Since I have no credit card (and I don't know who has!) I can kiss EF goodbye...  :-[

1) You can get a pre-paid credit card at any gas station, in many supermarkets, online, etc.

2) If you don't have one and you simply refuse to get one, just ask a friend. Yes, you can book with the card of a friend (as made clear in Cheetahs post)

3) Only ONE person per room needs a card as only ONE person books a room for two/three people.

This process is simply required now, since telephone and email booking isn't possible anymore to make booking fair for everyone and actually doable for the hotel.

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #5 on: 14.11.2016, 11:26:32 »

1) You can get a pre-paid credit card at any gas station, in many supermarkets, online, etc.

2) If you don't have one and you simply refuse to get one, just ask a friend. Yes, you can book with the card of a friend (as made clear in Cheetahs post)

3) Only ONE person per room needs a card as only ONE person books a room for two/three people.

This process is simply required now, since telephone and email booking isn't possible anymore to make booking fair for everyone and actually doable for the hotel.

1> In our town they don't sell those, or already filled up to €25,- each (PRE-Prepaid)

2> I don't have family members with a credit card or even WILLING to spend that much money in one go...

3> I don't know any furs who would do that for me

And about On-site: nope! I don't walk with an thick envelope full of monnies in the town of berlin without the thought of getting ROBBED!  :slap:

So yeah, EF: NU-UH! Won't gonna happen for me this year.
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3

Vaulz

• Convention Security Operative
  • :3
« Reply #6 on: 14.11.2016, 12:05:34 »

2> I don't have family members with a credit card or even WILLING to spend that much money in one go...

Just for further clarification: The Credit card is NOT used for payment as clearly stated in the announcement. It is merely a method for verification and is not used to withdraw any amount of money. Whatever way you used to pay in the past years will most likely still be available.

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #7 on: 14.11.2016, 12:40:10 »

But why verfication at all? oO

Vaulz

• Convention Security Operative
  • :3
« Reply #8 on: 14.11.2016, 13:14:58 »

But why verfication at all? oO

Instant online reservation without any form of identity verification? If that were to be done, anyone would be able to send out as many reservations as they like, without the need to verify that the reservations actually correspond to actual people. In that situation, it would only take one person with bad intentions to block out the entire reservation system, or at least a good part of it.

Zestence

« Reply #9 on: 14.11.2016, 16:11:13 »

The announcement only mentions credit cards but I assume debit cards will work as usual? At least they've always taken my VISA electron.

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
« Reply #10 on: 14.11.2016, 19:29:16 »

Will there be a small notes section provided? I loved the room I had at EF22 and if possible would like to request the same room.
More is more.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 14.11.2016, 19:54:12 »

Hello,

just before we dive into miniscule detail, please understand that we do not provide the booking service. The estrel uses ihotelier, which is a service by travelclick, who use some sort of card payment provider, who will have some bank backing them. We can't answer any questions that go past what the management of the estrel has told us about their business relationship with their booking agent :) It's buniness-ception, and we can't go that deep :)
yours,

Cheetah

Reshi

« Reply #12 on: 14.11.2016, 23:53:41 »

The announcement only mentions credit cards but I assume debit cards will work as usual? At least they've always taken my VISA electron.

I'm assuming VISA Electron will work this time too, it has worked for me before as well.

BlueBerry

• Fursuit Entertainment
  • Press Relations
  • Feedbacksammler
« Reply #13 on: 15.11.2016, 00:27:10 »

Will there be a small notes section provided? I loved the room I had at EF22 and if possible would like to request the same room.
Ask the Estrel for that.

MrEvers

• The dandy Belgian fox
    • FurryFandom.be
« Reply #14 on: 23.11.2016, 08:20:18 »

The announcement only mentions credit cards but I assume debit cards will work as usual?

Same question. No bank is crazy enough to give me a credit card right now. But I do have a normal debit card (bank card as we say), which can very simply be used to confirm I exist (or whatever the reason is they need card info, which makes it strange that you'd be able to use a friend's card, since that's not on your name)

This is going to cause much chaos once registration opens...
FurryFandom.be
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up